Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1-2 WOT won't shift, and p0757

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1-2 WOT won't shift, and p0757

Alright so I'll fill you all in on the past month. I did heads/cam in my car and put in a 3600ish stall. While the trans was out I had my friend who is a mechanic put in a corvette servo, new 2-4 band, and 3-4 clutches, as well as check over every thing and make sure it looked good, which it did.

I got it tuned a few weeks ago, and had some issues with 1-2 shifting. It only shifted once and the rest it was banging the rev limiter on WOT. We came to the conclusion that it shifted because the car sat and cooled off while shift points were being adjusted and after that my tranny was getting way too hot (235*+) because I did not put a bigger cooler on it.

I put a hayden 26k cooler on it yesterday and went to drive it today to have my friend flush the tranny since my fluid smelled a little burnt after the day of tuning. I took it out and with the fluid at like 110 degrees I floored it and it wouldn't shift again on 1-2. 2-3 shifted fine. I'm not sure exactly it came on but I noticed the SES light on. It said p0757, which is 2-3 shift solenoid, but it shifted fine 2-3 at WOT. Figuring it was ok to drive it easy, I got on the highway and my converter wouldn't lock up. I turned right around and brought it home. When I would leave stop lights it would take so much gas to get it going. I parked it on my driveway and turned it off. When I went to pull it into the garage 5 minutes later the SES light was still on but I barley had to get the gas to move it into the garage like normal (driveway is on an uphill slant)

I'm confused on how it throws a code for 2-3 solenoid but it won't 1-2 shift WOT?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the 2-3 solenoid controls the 1-2 shift
Old 04-18-2010, 01:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bro Inc
P0757 will set for no reason because of a high stall converter. It needs to be tuned to no report.
It gave me a problem when I ran my converter the first time, I read about it in the sticky thread at the top of this forum, tuned it out.
Were you having problems with the 1-2 shift too?
Old 04-18-2010, 02:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bro Inc
It was going into limp mode or something.
When going from a tight stock converter to a loose 3600 it's hard to tell exactly whats going on.

Did anyone scan actual shifts? Like I said it's hard to go by feel, easy to look at something like hp tuners and see whats going on.

I kind of question your friend who installed a corvette servo in a car that should already have one.
Did he do anything with the misfire tables? Thats going to cause problems too because of the lighter weight of the converter.

Corvette servos didn't come in all f-bodys. There is a visual difference between the one he took out and the corvette servo.

I'm just wondering if the 1-2 WOT problem is from the code too since the code didn't come on until after I tried the shift a few times.

It didn't throw the code the day I got it tuned when it was doing it as well IIRC.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is Keith still tuning your car? If not, who is? If I had '99 software, I'd have you bring it to me.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

u need to get that code deleted along with P0751.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:53 AM
TECH Resident

i get that code every once in awhile and my tune is great . like stated above , high converters will throw that code sometimes . instead of calling your tuner to delete the code for you ,just go to your local autozone ,advance , or pepboys and pick up an actron scanner . it will read the problem and reset and delete the SES light. i have one and it will save you alot of headaches .

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...roductId=98816
Old 04-18-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had the same problem..got the code tuned out..no more problem
Old 04-18-2010, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

def get that code deleted and set to not reported.getting a scanner and clearing it all the time is a waste,once it relearns itll be back again. also add 10-15% to the misfire tables. the smaller converter will cause it to see more misfires and in turn pull timing and also cause an intermittent lock-up or no lock up condition and possibly throw it into limp mode.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:09 AM
11 Second Club

UPDATE:

I cleared the code with my interceptor gauge. Ran fine but still hits the rev limiter at WOT and won't shift until I let off and let it shift. I'm gonna pray the shift point is too high and needs to be lowered and it's not the tranny.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

lower your shift points by about a 1000 for the 1-2 and try that. a smaller,loose converter will also have a shift extension. i had to lower mine by 1500 on the 1-2 and a 1000 on the 3/4 for it to shift at what i wanted ie: 6500 act shift. so my commanded was 5-5500 rpm..
Old 04-19-2010, 10:42 AM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

Like other have stated, clearing the code won't cut it. You have to completely disable the code po757 and possibly p0751. I would replace the vss also. I had a similar problem years ago: https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...y-problem.html
Old 04-19-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by shortdog
Like other have stated, clearing the code won't cut it. You have to completely disable the code po757 and possibly p0751. I would replace the vss also. I had a similar problem years ago: https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...y-problem.html
so you guys are saying by completely disable the code po757 ,that his soleniods will never get "stuck" again ? is that possible ?

I'm just asking a question cause I would like to know too. To be honest , I don't have a problem using my actron scanner to reset my trans whenever it happens. It's very rare when I use my scanner at all. To me it's a peace of mind knowing that I can take a look at whats wrong with my ride and delete/reset the (SES) problem and keep it moving .
Old 04-19-2010, 12:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mac 2002 SS
so you guys are saying by completely disable the code po757 ,that his soleniods will never get "stuck" again ? is that possible ?

I'm just asking a question cause I would like to know too. To be honest , I don't have a problem using my actron scanner to reset my trans whenever it happens. It's very rare when I use my scanner at all. To me it's a peace of mind knowing that I can take a look at whats wrong with my ride and delete/reset the (SES) problem and keep it moving .

bascially, because of the converter being swapped it can cause that code to happen because of other things being thrown off since its not tuned for the new one,only the factory one. i understand about clearing it with a scanner but thats only a band aid. if you have to worry about inspection and you keep clearing it then your obdII epa tests will never be completed and then when you go to inspection youll fail for them because they will show up as "not ready" plus your fuel trims,idle trims will constantly have to be re-learned also... yea i would do it too to keep the car moving but in the long run its better off to have certain code triggers shut off.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

Default P0751

My car had the p0751 code pop up this weekend; seems to be shifting fine tho; it has a vigelante 2800 stall. If all I need done is have that deleted by the tuner I guess better do it asap.

Quick Reply: 1-2 WOT won't shift, and p0757