Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help from you guys badly

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need help from you guys badly

Alright guys, Ive been on here searching for hours to see if i could get my answers, I havent yet So im asking for the help, I have a 2000 camaro, 4l60e with all good parts, had all red clutches, Wide band, Sun beast shell, An so fourth, Well i had a little 2600 stall in it, Not sure the brand, It did awesome! Well i wanted to do some changes to the engine so i went to a bigger converter a fuddle I believe is the brand, Supposed to have been a 3200 i believe, Well got the car back together an driving it from say a redlight just creeping off the line it would be hitting about 3500 rpms, The car had the misfire bs taken care of in the tune, an lock up set at 55mph, Well sometimes the it would lock up cruising at 58 an sometimes it wouldnt like up for 25 miles, No codes were being set, Well I mashed down on it from about a 25 an it just was like it was spinning bad but wasnt spinning, id say i got from 25-45 in probably 60 foot or so, Just wasnt going anywhere, I took my trans to my builder an come to find out my wide band was cooked, an the 3-4 clutch pack was fried, So, I just got it all fixed an my converter is at a local guy that cuts them open inspects them an can swap things out, But he called me an said he hasnt found anything yet wrong with it, Which im pretty sure something is wrong, i could foot brake the car to 3400 in the rain with street tires, Trans temp never went over 180 the whole time its been going, So my ? is what the hell fried my ****? Why is it locking an unlocking an not locking at all sometimes? Why is the converter stalling so high? Thanks guys for any help, I just want it all fixed so it doesnt happen again right when it goes back together. Im so getting pissed about all this trans stuff, Thanks again Oh an my builder said it was the converter that caused these problems in my trans,
Old 04-22-2011, 06:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how reputable are these people that are doing your work? especially the tranny guy
Old 04-22-2011, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

My tranny guy is very good, he has built several th350 for me, An several for cars around here, He was on horsepower tv a while back aswell, Mayes performance, nmca I believe is the racing league he is in, Has a orange challenger old school that is a pure beast.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you could stall a 3200 to 3400 with steet tires there is something going on in the converter or the trans was slipping generally a converter isnt going to cause burnt clutches in the trans unless it comes apart and goes thorugh the unit. If the band was cooked then there is most likely a problem in the trans. also if you could stall that converter that high without spinning something in the trans had to be binding up and creatring a transbrake so to speak. thats possibly why the band burnt could have cross leaks who knows but I suggest rethinking builders and tuning. and i also suggest getting rid of the fuddle converter if its not bad now it will be soon
Old 04-22-2011, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was going to say the same ..something is getting overlooked.. curious..do you have a stock converter to try out.. on e of the cheaper solutions to a converter problem
Old 04-22-2011, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Naw, I don't have another converter, but see the one I had in it before did great an trans was working awesome, then decided to be a dumbass cause I wanted more from my dd, man this sucks, I just got my trans back like a night ago, cost me $300 to get it back.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for all yalls help an time
Old 04-22-2011, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Also predator what do you mean cross leaks?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

cross leaks is just spots in the gasket or trans case and/or where seals are leaking fluid and putting pressure where it shouldnt be at that time. Like pressurized fluid going through valvebody say in a passage for a 2nd gear piston and leaking somewhere into a 3rd or 4th gear passage and causing it to bind or apply both gears partially. Hope that makes since lol
Old 04-22-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yup, Sure does thanks Lt1 chevelle
Old 04-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you band was fried I would say you servos were sticking keeping pressure applied and/or servo spring was collapsed causing the same thing pressure being applied. So, yeah, that would be you problem for the erratic shifting problem and burnt clutches and steels. You lockup could be acting crazy due to low fluid pressure from burnt up clutches or the TCC applied solenoid has a short to ground, TCC solenoid may be broken. When in doubt, replace it anyway.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys, i got it all back together last night, New parts in tranny, converter re built by a know builder here, All seems well, My tuner guy put my stock trans tables back in an it seems to be locking in right shifting great an all, Maybe it was in the tune? Maybe the converter? But the converter is way tighter now, i like it a lot better, Taking off it does about 2500-2800 foot break on the easy side cause i didnt want to break anything i got 2800 out of it, so im happy! just hope it doesnt happen again, Solid mounts, full x-pipe exhaust makes it a bitch to do now a days lol