Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The best 4L60E?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The best 4L60E?

I was wanting to know everyones opinion on the best transmission rebuild kit I can buy, I don't want to have to redo it once every 6 months... My mods are mild- PRC stage 2.5 5.3 heads, MS3 cam, FAST 102/102, 3600 stall, 3.91 gears, 42lb injectors, SLP lt's, tsp true dual with x-pipe, Mickey Thompson Street E/T's and some more goodies.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of our Level 5 transmissions will do everything you need it to and then some. I have many many customers that have been running on the same transmission for 5+ years without issue. If you have any questions please feel free to let me know. I'd be happy to answer them.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
One of our Level 5 transmissions will do everything you need it to and then some. I have many many customers that have been running on the same transmission for 5+ years without issue. If you have any questions please feel free to let me know. I'd be happy to answer them.
Is that transmission good for DD'ing as well? Or is it just purpose built for the track? I currently got a built trans but, I think I may have went lower than what I should with the power I am hoping I will make. So I can see either a rebuild in the future or a new one altogether.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z28MP
Is that transmission good for DD'ing as well? Or is it just purpose built for the track? I currently got a built trans but, I think I may have went lower than what I should with the power I am hoping I will make. So I can see either a rebuild in the future or a new one altogether.
They are perfect for a DD car. The shifts aren't too harsh under part throttle opperation and are fast, firm and positive under WOT. Our Level 5 has been proven to handle 600hp in a 3500lbs race weight car over and over. If you decide you need a refresh we can build your unit up to our spec or do an exchange. We require a rebuildable core so if you don't want to send your already built build trans, if you have a stock unit you can send back as a core. It's completely up to you. Just let me know if you ever need anything.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

rpm.....ace or flt.....you cant go wrong with any of them.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
They are perfect for a DD car. The shifts aren't too harsh under part throttle opperation and are fast, firm and positive under WOT. Our Level 5 has been proven to handle 600hp in a 3500lbs race weight car over and over. If you decide you need a refresh we can build your unit up to our spec or do an exchange. We require a rebuildable core so if you don't want to send your already built build trans, if you have a stock unit you can send back as a core. It's completely up to you. Just let me know if you ever need anything.
Is there pricing on the website? I didn't see a listing of the different stages.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by 91lxstang
Is there pricing on the website? I didn't see a listing of the different stages.
http://www.rpmtransmissions.com/fbodypricing.html
Old 09-03-2011, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

What would be the max rpm you can turn the lvl5 trans?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:59 AM

The same as any other....until it breaks! Seriously now I have seen guys turn these pumps into the 7k range and not have issues. I would recommend if turning one of these pumps that fast that you install a high rev pump slide spring and also a billet pump rotor. Im pretty sure that most of the sponsors here use the pump slide spring and the billet rotors are available from a few here. HTH Vince
Old 09-03-2011, 09:19 AM
11 Second Club

Sent you a pm Vince!