Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My experience with Jake's Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My experience with Jake's Performance

If you're looking for a negative review then you've entered the wrong thread!

A little over a year ago I called Jake and told him what I was doing with my car and was hell bent on a 4l80e so Jake set me up with a Stage 5 4l80 with the Reid sfi bell. Well as my cars been sitting in the paint shop the build has gotten much more radical and I knew I wanted to go to a glide or th400. I listed my 4l80 for sale and called Jake to get his opinion on making it non lockup or what his thoughts were. Jake offered to build me probably one of the baddest th400 transmissions on the market. He didn't even hesitate to help me out and he and his wife even delivered it to me in person on their way to the beach for a family getaway. I shared this story on FB but I know a lot more people are on this forum and I just wanted to share my experience. Thanks again to Jake and his wife Jackie and I will continue to do business with them because if their excellent service beyond the sale.

Name:  A7F471A7-99E3-4F41-A1D0-6F775FF8680F_zpsm0vxm69h.jpg
Views: 1972
Size:  76.4 KB

Trans is a Reid SFI case and bell, Griner 1+2 Safe neutral transbrake, stock ratio gearset with spur cut gears, aluminum 36 element sprag drum, 300M intermediate and input shafts, billet forward hub, fully rollerized, direct drum stabilizing modifications, and a few other tricks.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by I8URLS1
If you're looking for a negative review then you've entered the wrong thread!

A little over a year ago I called Jake and told him what I was doing with my car and was hell bent on a 4l80e so Jake set me up with a Stage 5 4l80 with the Reid sfi bell. Well as my cars been sitting in the paint shop the build has gotten much more radical and I knew I wanted to go to a glide or th400. I listed my 4l80 for sale and called Jake to get his opinion on making it non lockup or what his thoughts were. Jake offered to build me probably one of the baddest th400 transmissions on the market. He didn't even hesitate to help me out and he and his wife even delivered it to me in person on their way to the beach for a family getaway. I shared this story on FB but I know a lot more people are on this forum and I just wanted to share my experience. Thanks again to Jake and his wife Jackie and I will continue to do business with them because if their excellent service beyond the sale.

Trans is a Reid SFI case and bell, Griner 1+2 Safe neutral transbrake, stock ratio gearset with spur cut gears, aluminum 36 element sprag drum, 300M intermediate and input shafts, billet forward hub, fully rollerized, direct drum stabilizing modifications, and a few other tricks.
should be bullet proof
Old 09-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Launching!

I've heard great things about Jake's Performance. Even if you don't buy from him he gives great advice.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Good to hear. I'll be ordering a 4l80 from him this winter. What is the benefit of a 400 over a level 5 4l80?
Old 09-08-2014, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

It is a little stronger and I wanted non lockup at the power level I will be at. As well as a reverse manual valve body which he now offers for the 4l80. Being a turbo car that will see limited street use I don't really need the OD
Old 09-08-2014, 04:51 PM

Received 390 Likes on 299 Posts

Jake has a stellar reputation here and is considered the absolute authority on the 4L80E. Beyond his 1000+ satisfied customers, he has helped even more people by sharing his hard-learned knowledge through his technical answers on this forum and others.
It seems to be my hobby (and FB replacement) to answer as many 4L60E questions here as I can. However, I'm not a pro and sometimes get stuck or even say something wrong. Just last night (Sunday evening) I was stuck trying to diagnose the problem on two threads and posted that I was stuck and a pro would need to help. A few hours later Jake added informative posts that should help the OPs and taught me a few more details.

While Jake has "only" 1500 posts here, he has far more on other forums where he is even more highly respected (if you can imagine that). For example he has 8500+ posts on nastyz28.com where I am also active and have interacted with him for almost 10 years.

While Jake certainly provides excellent customer service, it is clearly his personality to also help people out, whether they are customers, not customers, or even competitors. I'm sure he goes to sleep every night with a clear and satisfied conscience.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Very nice, thanks for the informative post, I am currently reviewing transmission shops.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Teching In

no need to look ant further. Jake and his crew get it done.

Quick Reply: My experience with Jake's Performance