Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fresh trans pulling hard at idle 4l65e

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Kurazy Kracka. Hopefully I get mine back today. They are saying that it was a program issue. ECM was looking for a sensor that wasn't there. So it kept it locked up. But still doesn't sit totally well with me. They turned down idle, retarded timing which took out the great lope to the motor. Still sounds like a convertor issue. It's a LS2 with the Chevy hot cam. So it's not something that's too crazy Sensor sounds okay, but why would you detune it at idle also? Why would they worry about it pulling hard when stopped? Isn't that what a higher stall is supposed to accomplish? Any feed back.
( OG post: pulling hard/surging when stopped )
Old 12-19-2014, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally fixed

Originally Posted by BAMCUSTOM1
I have a New LS2 from TurnKey Engines and a 4765E installed in a 65 GTO.
At Idle in any drive gear ( reverse also ) car surges like you are power braking. It builds up from from a soft surge to shaking the car like it has hydraulics on it. When I come to a light I have to drop it in neutral.
It feels like it just wants to go, when put back in drive and drive slow to normal the first gear shift will snap your neck, and your not even on it.
RPM's don't really change drastically. still under 750 at idle or neutral, wven when surging RPM's don't make a move that I can tell. No issue with stalling.
Any Idea's please give me a call or email.
Chris
Come to find out, it was a bad ECU all along. Tuner was working on it and the ECU froze up. So they stepped up and bought a new one, had it flashed and now my car is the beast it should be. Dyno came back at 405HP and 409ft/lbs.
Before with my brand new LS2, my car wouldn't even chirp the tires from a dead stop, now it smokes them off the line and in chirps them when up shifting also. Thought about putting 355 gears in there, but would blow the tires off....
Awesome work by Gev Power and Church's Automotive Consulting.

Quick Reply: fresh trans pulling hard at idle 4l65e