Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80 Dipstick

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80 Dipstick

Looking for a 4l80 dipstick that will work with a 5.3L in a G-body. I'd rather stay away from lokar. Whats out there?
Old 12-21-2016, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.madmanandcoracing.com/ has one for a 4l80. fits tight to trans, comes with stick.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Dorsey
Looking for a 4l80 dipstick that will work with a 5.3L in a G-body. I'd rather stay away from lokar. Whats out there?
Just had a shipment of them come in! only $49.99 and free shipping till end of the day tomorrow!

4L80E dipstick and tube
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet

Old 08-23-2017, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FTICONVERTERS
Just had a shipment of them come in! only $49.99 and free shipping till end of the day tomorrow!

4L80E dipstick and tube
Bringing this back up. I'm sick of my current 80e dipstick. The bends in it are very sharp and NEVER produce a useable reading on the stick. Is this dipstick only for g body swaps or will this work in an fbody. I came from a t56 so I dont know what the 60e looked like. Don't know if it has as many sharp bends in it or not.

Last edited by Firebirdmuscle; 08-24-2017 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PM sent FTI
Old 08-23-2017, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Firebirdmuscle
Bringing this back up. I'm sick of my current 80e dipstick. The bends in it are very shar and NEVER produce a useable reading on the stick. Is this dispstick only for g body swaps or will this work in an fbody. I came from a t55 so I dont know what the 60e looked like. Don't know if it has as many sharp bends in it or not.
Did you check your dipstick with a pan off after the installation? You want the Full/Hot mark about .200"-.250" above the pan rail.

What dipstick-tube are you running?

I'm running a Madman dipstick & tube on my Camaro, Had to bend it a little to clear the Cowl Overhang. Overall.....I'm happy with it.
After I installed the Trans/Dipstick Tube/Made adjustments, I pulled the pan & used a straight edge to check the dipstick reading against the Pan Rail.
The Full/Hot mark is right at the pan rail, I now KNOW I need to fill the trans to 1/4" above the Full/Hot marking on the stick.

Getting accurate readings on longer tubes takes patience.......Let the car sit for at least 2 minutes between adding ATF & Checking the Fluid Level, This allows residual fluid to run down the tube into the pan.

4l80 Dipstick-nygpdaz.jpg
Old 08-24-2017, 06:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

X2 what Cline said! I did this when I used an aftermarket dip stick on my lift!
I made the mark almost even with where it comes out of the case.
Also, make sure your car/truck is level when you check it.
My Nova has a stink bug stance so I either just use the front lifting arms of my lift or just pull the front wheels up on the apron of the garage to level it out.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Did you check your dipstick with a pan off after the installation? You want the Full/Hot mark about .200"-.250" above the pan rail.

What dipstick-tube are you running?

I'm running a Madman dipstick & tube on my Camaro, Had to bend it a little to clear the Cowl Overhang. Overall.....I'm happy with it.
After I installed the Trans/Dipstick Tube/Made adjustments, I pulled the pan & used a straight edge to check the dipstick reading against the Pan Rail.
The Full/Hot mark is right at the pan rail, I now KNOW I need to fill the trans to 1/4" above the Full/Hot marking on the stick.

Getting accurate readings on longer tubes takes patience.......Let the car sit for at least 2 minutes between adding ATF & Checking the Fluid Level, This allows residual fluid to run down the tube into the pan.

I'm using whatever dipstick the Jake's sells. I'm not sure what brand it is. And yes. The dipstick is marked. That was the first thing I did yesterday morning. Glad I did becuase the full mark was under the valve body gasket a little bit.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Firebirdmuscle
Bringing this back up. I'm sick of my current 80e dipstick. The bends in it are very sharp and NEVER produce a useable reading on the stick. Is this dipstick only for g body swaps or will this work in an fbody. I came from a t56 so I dont know what the 60e looked like. Don't know if it has as many sharp bends in it or not.
Sounds like you talked to Troy as I was writing this reply. I went and got some pics for you guys and looks like our filler tube has been updated. (see new pics)

Originally Posted by wildcamaro
PM sent FTI
I did not get it, want to shoot me a email? media@ftiperformance.com

info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet

Old 08-24-2017, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That looks like my aftermarket one.
I had to tweak the mounting tab and make a new full mark.
In hindsight, I would have/should have bought it through one of our site sponsors as they always giving us tips and valuable info!

Quick Reply: 4l80 Dipstick