Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i wanna churp em...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default i wanna churp em...

my car is an auto, mostly stock and i want to churp em when i hit second or third. how can i do this??? is this a possibility? a computer maybe??? help please
Old 10-11-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, get a stall and a shift kit and call it a day. I'm not really shure why you want to "chirp" the tires on up shifts, but like I said you are going to need a shift kit that hits hard to do it, and then a few months down the road after you "chirp" the hell out of 2nd gear you'll be here asking "what transmission will hold up to me beating on my trans so I can chirp the tires?" Hopefully you have deep pockets.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Resident

All I have is a lid and a catback and I can chirp them during the 1-2 shift sometimes on the 2-3 shift too..
Old 10-13-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Resident

I had a B&M Stage 2 shift kit on my '95 TA and I loved it, shifted hard and firm. I only had minor bolt-on's on it and it would bark them going into second. I also had the Trans fluid changed with B&M Trick Shift tranny fluid. I would recommend the kit to anyone.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:15 AM
Launching!

When I had radials I could chirp them with just a K&N. Then I got drag radials and couldn't chirp them. Now I have LT's, ORY and magnaflow catback and can chirp them again. Oh yeah and 3.73's
Old 10-13-2005, 01:21 AM
12 Second Club

yeah i do it on the 1-2 every once in a while as well.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I tune cars and just about every stock auto shifts differently. Some scratch 2nd bone stock while other won't even come close after tuning. A lot of this depends on the maintence of the trans and how hot its gotten. Stalls will lessen the 'chirping' abaility a tad but if your transmission is up to the task simple editing of tables will make it shift hard enough into 2nd that it'll chirp. On a 4L60E you can almost forget about 2-3 scratches since to many mechanical actions/limitations are going on that keep the shift from being as crips. Gears also play a big role.

That being said when my car was bone stock it scratched 2nd and would kick the low track light on if tcs wasn't turned off
Old 10-15-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Regular

I can chirp 2nd and 3rd after I installed my cam...

Originally Posted by SmokingWS6
I tune cars and just about every stock auto shifts differently. Some scratch 2nd bone stock while other won't even come close after tuning. A lot of this depends on the maintence of the trans and how hot its gotten. Stalls will lessen the 'chirping' abaility a tad but if your transmission is up to the task simple editing of tables will make it shift hard enough into 2nd that it'll chirp. On a 4L60E you can almost forget about 2-3 scratches since to many mechanical actions/limitations are going on that keep the shift from being as crips. Gears also play a big role.

That being said when my car was bone stock it scratched 2nd and would kick the low track light on if tcs wasn't turned off
Old 10-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take the pan off, remove the 1-2 accumulator, throw away the spring and stack 3/8 nuts and washers on the pin until they are flush with the top of the housing.
As for third, take the trans out of the car, reduce the clutch clearance down to .035, drill the third feed hole in the seperator plate to 3/16".
It'll shift hard, you'll hate it, I've done it on an old trans once and ended up taking it back apart to replace the seperator plate and remove the nuts and washers.