Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

don't really know what happened!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default don't really know what happened!?!?!?!

well I was driving home one night and there was a slow guy in front of me so I switched lanes and hit the gas and it downshifted into 1st and during the shift to 2nd I heard a loud BOOM!!!! and it felt like the driveline snapped and was dragging on the ground because the car vibrated so hard. Later on in the week I fought tooth and nail to get the driveshaft out the yoke just wouldnt slide forward over the output shaft so I could get the driveline off the rearend. so using a prybar I finally got it to slide forward then I pulled it out and I found that my output shaft just flopped around it appears busted haha!!! So I start the car and in Neutral it spins as if it's in gear and I dunno what the deal is do you guys think it is just a busted output shaft or what? If so where do I get a new output shaft and how hard is it to put in can I just take the tailshaft off or what?

btw the mods are catback, lid, tune, and 2800 stall and with the tune increased line pressure I dunno if that made it more prone to breaking or not and it has stock 2.73 gears
Old 05-09-2007, 11:13 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does the car move at all? If so what gears do you have?
Old 05-09-2007, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

the car wouldnt move at all when I put it in gear it would just jump like an inch at a time but really hard and vibrate like a son of a bitch
Old 05-09-2007, 11:58 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

I will say if the output shaft is broke the rear half of the trans is destroyed. You might have even broken the case. Time for a new trans. We do sell parts as well as new units. Vince
Old 05-10-2007, 12:29 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
I will say if the output shaft is broke the rear half of the trans is destroyed. You might have even broken the case. Vince

I would have to concur Sorry you are having problems but as he said sounds like trans time, Ussually when this type of thing happens theres alot of other internal damage.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 05-10-2007, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

****... dammit that really sucks I was hoping not to have to get a new trans yet seeing how I just had to dish out a bunch of money on my house so.... which one of you two tranny vendors is gonna offer me a better deal on a new trans
Old 05-10-2007, 06:52 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Please give us a call. I will say that my units do not come cheap. The owner of FLT has been a supporting vendor on this forum almost since day one of LS1 tech. I do put a lot of parts in my units as advertised and more that are not even listed. I have seen many others and will honestly say that this program is one of the best that I have ever seen or have been apart of. All units come complete, Dyno tested, and ready to bolt in. Core and shipping charges do apply. All units are shipped truck freight in a shipping create that is designed just for your transmission. We never have an issue shipping units this way and have a very good product. Please give me a call to discuss your situation. Thank you for your time. Vince
Old 05-10-2007, 08:47 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Also feel free to give us a call and disscus your needs, We have customer service from 9AM till 1 AM eastern time 7 days a week. One of the best warranties in the bussiness quick shipping and no core.
Thanks and good luck in any direction you go .

Call 888-744-6542