Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Founder of Weather channel: Global warming is BS

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Founder of Weather channel: Global warming is BS

http://www.good.is/?p=14864&GT1=48001
I love this guy and agree with him. Now if he could get if GM and F.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:21 PM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, but he doesn't "know" anymore than anybody else "knows." We're going to be finding out more as we go along.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Yeah, but he doesn't "know" anymore than anybody else "knows." We're going to be finding out more as we go along.
What? That's the biggest load of **** I've ever heard. He's the founding father of the ******* WEATHER CHANNEL. I think he knows what he's talking about a lot more than Al Gore does. Al Gore is a politician, not a weatherman. Last time I checked, a politicians job is to lie to us. Do you think Al Gore has anything more than the promise of greater government control of everything? Do you think he can actually go toe to toe with Coleman and simply not look stupid? that'd be like the Pope going toe to toe with a quantum physicist over whether or not string theory is right after reading a couple papers and designing some pretty graphs with unlabeled axes.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:44 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by XxGarbSxX
What? That's the biggest load of **** I've ever heard. He's the founding father of the ******* WEATHER CHANNEL. I think he knows what he's talking about a lot more than Al Gore does. Al Gore is a politician, not a weatherman. Last time I checked, a politicians job is to lie to us. Do you think Al Gore has anything more than the promise of greater government control of everything? Do you think he can actually go toe to toe with Coleman and simply not look stupid? that'd be like the Pope going toe to toe with a quantum physicist over whether or not string theory is right after reading a couple papers and designing some pretty graphs with unlabeled axes.
He's the founder of The Weather Channel, yes. Is he the leading authority on science and the study of meteorology? Not at all. The worst thing anybody can do is think that they know everything, which is why I said that we will find out more as we go along. Because we will.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

He's the founder of The Weather Channel, yes. Is he the leading authority on science and the study of meteorology? Not at all. The worst thing anybody can do is think that they know everything, which is why I said that we will find out more as we go along. Because we will.
This is truth. Just like founding the Speed channel doesn't make you the authority on all things automotive.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even if global warming IS happening, I'm pretty sure its not us causing it. For those who think it is, do a bit of reading on temp changes in even the past 100 years. The earths temperatures go up and down over various time periods. Its just how the weather works. In the mid 40s the world started cooling down and around the 70s or so it was being raised as a concern. Now it seems to have warmed back up a bit. Big surprise. I also like how in one of Al Gores books (If he has more than one I don't know, this was just a chapter taken out of it I had to read for English 102.) his statistics to prove global warming only included stats from some time in the 70s on. Well isn't that just convenient.

Last edited by nighthawk15; 02-19-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Yeah I don't think we can argue that the climate is currently warming some. But the cause is what I believe is very questionable. Is it manufacturing, vehicle emissions, or cow farts?

I try to help the cow methane production issue by eating steak as often as possible. Oh wait, then they'll just raise more, huh?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting that this is one of the coldest winters on record in numerous parts of the world.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
Interesting that this is one of the coldest winters on record in numerous parts of the world.
Yea, I live in KY where we just went 9 days without power due to the ice storm. I've watched videos on how during the 40's the earths temperture went down as the industrial revolution began of factories. How bout that one Al GORE!
Old 02-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Teching In

the fear is that global warming will lead to less stable climatic conditions, not necessarily resulting in "warmer" weather everywhere

Last edited by Twizzlas; 02-19-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Global warming hysteria is just a secular version of the various religious "the end of the world is upon us" scenarios. Such panics arise periodically and are well-documented historically. They always are based on carefully scrutinized "evidence" and highly rational arguments. Yet in the end, they're little more than a collective projection of the fear of death.

The real "destruction" is wrought by the bad decisions made by those who get caught up in such beliefs. When it becomes public policy - watch out.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

the earth has cycles, look how much everything fluctuated before man was ever around. all the leading scientist is russia stated global warming was bs last year aswell.
but after this winter I wish it was all true. brrrrrr
Old 02-20-2009, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
the earth has cycles, look how much everything fluctuated before man was ever around. all the leading scientist is russia stated global warming was bs last year aswell.
but after this winter I wish it was all true. brrrrrr
Last time I checked, before man all their was was some dirt and water. But I won't get bibical.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by caseypayne69
Last time I checked, before man all their was was some dirt and water. But I won't get bibical.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by caseypayne69
core samples..written history before there ever was such a thing.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Junkie

If we had an ice age millenniums ago and we could not cause or end it how are we going to affect our planet?

There are 300 million of us in the US 300 million in Europe and another assorted 100 million or less that care. We all 700 million of us stop polluting it will not do a bit of good compared to the 3 billion in Asia polluting as if it is their duty from God.

As the other 3-4 billion (as the population grows) people get rich enough to pollute a lot they too will pollute as though it is their birth right.

So how are 700 million people going to undo the pollution of the rest of the 6 billion whose behavior we cannot control or change?

Not to mention the fact that the 6 billion are growing at a higher rate than the ~700 million. There will 10 billion of these polluters by around 2050, if growth rates continue as they are going while the 700 million will barely change because of abortion, etc.

W
Old 02-20-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Chalk another invention up for Al Gore:
1)internet
2)global warming

What will he think of next!?
Old 02-20-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

didnt he invent the butt plug too?
Old 02-20-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
didnt he invent the butt plug too?
1)internet
2)global warming
3)butt plug...?
4)?
Old 02-20-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Guys, it's not about global warming. The greenhouse effect is essential to life on here. The real question is enhanced atmospheric green house effect due to man-made causes. There is little evidence for this.

Quick Reply: Founder of Weather channel: Global warming is BS