Old 09-01-2016, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default mustang takes its 22nd month in a row

http://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-m...ow-august-2016
Old 09-01-2016, 07:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Being the owner of a 2016 Mustang this really doesn't surprise me. For what you get for what you pay for the Mustang make it a great car IMO
Old 09-01-2016, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

this new generation of mustang is a beautiful car imo but to me 6th gens look better.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465335
Old 09-01-2016, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I hear ya, and to me I like the looks of the Mustang maybe just a little better. If it were a weekend toy, and I wanted to mod it, I'd choose the Camaro. As a daily fun ride I like the Mustang
Old 09-02-2016, 12:42 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Mustang is definitely the better looking car to me, I would go that route whether for a weekend toy or daily driver - if I was in the market for something brand new right now.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

The funniest thing its now the Mustang has a nice refreshed style but weights as much as the 5th gen. Suddenly, its fine for everyone. Really shows that its not solely performance that sells car. Rear seats of the Camaro is a joke and its the less retro of the pack. It looks good, but its more futuristic. There will never be prettier car than the 60-70s, like it or not.
All great cars, good era to be a V8 lover!
Old 09-03-2016, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
The funniest thing its now the Mustang has a nice refreshed style but weights as much as the 5th gen. Suddenly, its fine for everyone. Really shows that its not solely performance that sells car. Rear seats of the Camaro is a joke and its the less retro of the pack. It looks good, but its more futuristic. There will never be prettier car than the 60-70s, like it or not.
All great cars, good era to be a V8 lover!
Yea they way people go about buy performance cars baffles me to death. To me when shopping performance cars is like looking for women. Up to a point the slimmer the better. I mean I don't want them anorexic like a Miata, but nice and slim like a Foxbody or C6Z is really nice and ideal for a performance car. Still I'm not going to front I like a little thickness kind like a SN95 or Fbody. Even women on the thicker side of things can be attractive like a S197 and I'll even throw a Gen6 Camaro SS in there being a sub 3700 lb car. The women on the thicker side of thick have to be careful though as they'll try getting into shape and end up building muscle under their fat and instead of slimming down and now they've just gotten to be way overweight much like a GT500 or a Gen6 ZL1. Then there's the women who are just fat and unattractive. Sure they can be fun in the dark, but in reality they're not something you want to stunt much like a Gen5 Camaro or S550 Mudstain. They're kind of like ManBearPig they're half Big, half Fat, and half Pig. BFP. (BigFatPig) Then there's another level where you have to start transporting ****'s around on flatbeds because they just can't get around any other way and that's like a Challenger.

The thing is Mustang people are full of chit. They want to sit here and flame a Gen5 Camaro for being a POS because of its heft and I'll agree with that, but then when a Gen6 Mustang weighs nearly as much they give it a pass like it's the best car ever because of its emblem. I'm sorry but that's BS. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If a overweight Camaro is a pos then so is a overweight Mustang. And this was after several years of the rumor mills being nothing but the Gen6 Mustang was supposed to lose several hundred lbs to meet CAFE fuel regulations. Then in December of 2013 Ford squashed that though in one swoop when they introduced the car to the public and said instead of lose 200+ lbs it's going to gain 70+ lbs. And that 70 lb # is some BS. Maybe if you take a optioned out S197 GT coupe and weighed it again a very basic small tire/brake, no optioned S550 GT you might get only a 70 lb difference, but in reality a new Mustang with some of the options you want weighs a lot more than that. An optioned out S550 GT coupe at more than 3820 lbs weighs more than a 2011/12 GT500 which is F'in BS for a N/A, 5 liter aluminum motor, RWD coupe.

And how do y'all look at the new Mustang and think it looks good? I mean it has the potential to be modded into a decent looking car but coming from the factory with these stupid looking pitch black 50 stoke wheels, and black plastic side shirts on a white/red/blue car is not good looking. It looks tackier than a ugly C7.

Let's talk serious about the new Mustangs cosmetics. Think back to the late 90's and early 2000's. Mustang guys accused Fbody owners of having mullet, redneck, trailerpar cars. Fbody guys accused Mustang owners of driving slow girl cars. The new Mustang straight up lives up to its rep as a girl car. You can't be a normal heterosexual male and think that rearend looks good. I mean you have your rear bumper with the typical black plastic shroud that goes over the exhaust tips at the bottom of the bumper, but then after putting black plastic sideshirts on the car with the black plastic panel on the bottom of the rear bumper they want to puts some painted panel under the center of the black bumper piece with a odd shape reverse light in it and it looks so out of place on a Mustang and it's ugly as chit. I comes straight off a Nissan Juke. You can't and honestly think it looks cool. You look at it and immediately think "that's some bitch looking ****" or "that **** looks really gay." Hence the new Mustang looks like a girl car. You want to look at a really cool and badass Mustang rearend then check out a lowered Terminator with 315's+ and some nice 3.5" or 4" tips. A Gen6 Mustang is not even close to looking that good from the rear.

Nor is a new Mustang on the same level as a Terminator in terms of sound quality even though few cars are. The Mustang guys like to act like the modernn SBC is a bad sounding motor compared to a Coyote but I don't think so. Coyotes sound okay but they are nothing to write home about and even though they are better motors than a old Modular they are not better sounding motors. Chauk it up to the engines firing order or whatever it just is what it is. IDK maybe my taste just don't keep up with the rest of the world as I think the Voodoo is a way overrated sounding motor. I'm not saying that it doesn't sound good, and it's loud and revs forever, and it sounds pissed, but there's not a sexiness to its tone. I think a Terminator/GT500/cammed C6Z with a good exhaust setup are better sounding cars than a new GT350. Certainly a GT350's flat plain crank motor isn't as sexy sounding as a Ferraris.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:08 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Weight of the 5th gen was never a huge concern to me. They have gadgets and features that I don't like/want, and the removal of those would have reduced weight, so to that degree I didn't care for the extra heft. Beyond that, I wasn't bothered by it as performance was good enough with the LS3 cars (but of course the LS3 wasn't available with an auto, which was a huge complaint of mine, but that's a different story.) So I was never a big complainer in the weight regard. And I'm not complaining about Mustang weight now either, again beyond the weight of those features I'd rather not have in the first place.

Styling is really a bigger concern to me, as both cars offer enough performance to be fun even when stock.

Originally Posted by JROC
The new Mustang straight up lives up to its rep as a girl car. You can't be a normal heterosexual male and think that rearend looks good.
That's just silly. If you don't like the styling that's fine, but it doesn't make it gay or a girl car to the degree of, say, a Mini or something like this. I would say you've gone off the deep end with that one and any further discussion on this aspect would be pointless.

Nor is a new Mustang on the same level as a Terminator in terms of sound quality even though few cars are. The Mustang guys like to act like the modernn SBC is a bad sounding motor compared to a Coyote but I don't think so. Coyotes sound okay but they are nothing to write home about and even though they are better motors than a old Modular they are not better sounding motors.
Here I agree. Sound quality of the new 5.0 is tricky, many of them sound pretty bad IMO. Certain systems sound really nice, but they definitely aren't one of my favorite engines to listen to.

...Certainly a GT350's flat plain crank motor isn't as sexy sounding as a Ferraris.
The exotics don't do anything for me in terms of exhaust note. There are a handful in my neighborhood so I've heard them often enough to form a valid opinion. They sound unique but, to me, not good. A nice BBC/SBC with high compression, decent cam, true duals and chambered exhaust sounds vastly better IMO. But those are everywhere at every local cruise night, so some people get tired of them and want to hear something different. I, however, never get tired of them.

Quick Reply: mustang takes its 22nd month in a row