Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Both power seats went out today...and im a tall guy :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Both power seats went out today...and im a tall guy :(

I have the exit feature I guess. When I set the brake and turn off the car, my seat goes forward and leans back...I guess its for old people. Anywho, it started making a clicking noise when I set the 1 position the next time I got in and wouldnt move backwards. It would go forward but not backwards. Then the whole system stopped working, including the passenger seat.

A tech friend of mine said there is probably a circuit breaker that got tripped. I checked the fuse box under the hood and didnt find anything (and didnt really expect to). The seat it about an inch from me not being able to drive it at all. Any ideas on where this circuit breaker (or fuse) might be? It was dark when I got a chance to start digging, but hopefully this is something I can reset in the morning before my hour ride to work

Thanks
Old 08-21-2009, 05:17 AM
Launching!

There are fuse boxes under the rear seat on the left and right side. In the left side box there is a fuse and circuit breaker for the seats. Check the fuse and try replacing the circuit breaker.

Last edited by branland; 08-21-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:23 AM
TECH Resident

Can the breaker just be reset? or is it like a fuse and when its tripped, its done.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just FYI- you can program your exit position, just move the seat to where you want it for exit, then press and hold the exit button (the one above the 1 and 2 buttons) until it beeps. You can also disable it in your features menu through the nav.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Breakers in cars are usually load/thermal based. When they get too much of a load, they trip, when the load drops, they reset. If it is not working at all, it could be a bad fuse, bad breaker or worse..
Old 08-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JJSimon904
Can the breaker just be reset? or is it like a fuse and when its tripped, its done.
I had the breaker for my 3rd rear brake light go out. I had to replace it. I took it out and went to Napa and they cross reference the number on it.

Correction from my previous post. The Seat breaker is under the rear cushion on the drivers side. I can post a picture if you need it.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

I think what happened was that something jammed it from moving the seat back so I played with it and eventually threw the breaker or fuse. So even if I get it working again, the seat is stuck until I can get in there and figure out why its jammed I probably dropped a coin down there...lol.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

Welp, I pulled the back seat out and proceeded to burn the **** out of my index finger and thumb when I tried to pull the circuit breaker. All I heard was ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...the sound of my finger prints burning off.

I unplugged the driver's seat and the c/b no longer trips and the passenger seat works. I'm guessing its jammed and every time I get in the car, it is constantly trying to move the seat, causing the c/b to heat up. I'm glad it didn't catch fire!

Next question: How do I remove the front driver's seat? I found the back two 17mm bolts, but not sure how to do the front. Any sugg?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:27 AM
TECH Resident

So last night I was about to pull the seat when I decided to just plug it back in and see if it would move. No idea what I did or how it became unjammed but its working now...

Quick Reply: Both power seats went out today...and im a tall guy :(