Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Joined the V crowd.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Joined the V crowd.

Hey there. Picked up a 2004 CTS-V last Friday morning. 29.5k miles, Corsa exhaust, K&N intake and B&M shifter. Otherwise untouched and immaculate.

It's joining a well-cared for family.

So far this car is fantastic. Very quiet during my highway driving but with some weight on the drivers pedal it really opens up to a beautiful sound. The ride is smooth, the sound system in these things is fantastic. I have to re-up the XM subscription I think, as it stopped loading anything but the preview channel about two days after I bought it.

Still getting used to the 6 speed, as the stang is a 5, and the BMW is the auto/paddle shifter.

Originally I was planning on selling the stang, but given the economy, it may just become a father/son shared car.

Couple questions though. How do these headlight washers work? Do they pop out and spray or something?

Any good way to predict the 1st-4th shift? I try and force it by driving conservative, but sometimes it happens and others it doesn't. Does having the traction control off/limited negate this feature?

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future.

Just wanted to say hi again and say that so far, I'm loving the V.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Hey there. Picked up a 2004 CTS-V last Friday morning. 29.5k miles, Corsa exhaust, K&N intake and B&M shifter. Otherwise untouched and immaculate.

It's joining a well-cared for family.

So far this car is fantastic. Very quiet during my highway driving but with some weight on the drivers pedal it really opens up to a beautiful sound. The ride is smooth, the sound system in these things is fantastic. I have to re-up the XM subscription I think, as it stopped loading anything but the preview channel about two days after I bought it.

Still getting used to the 6 speed, as the stang is a 5, and the BMW is the auto/paddle shifter.

Originally I was planning on selling the stang, but given the economy, it may just become a father/son shared car.

Couple questions though. How do these headlight washers work? Do they pop out and spray or something?

Any good way to predict the 1st-4th shift? I try and force it by driving conservative, but sometimes it happens and others it doesn't. Does having the traction control off/limited negate this feature?

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future.

Just wanted to say hi again and say that so far, I'm loving the V.
Kudos on your purchase first of all....1-4 shift is a PITA...can be tuned out with a $20 CAGS delete...got mine off ebay, just plugs inline. With TC on or off it will still make you skip shift. The headlight washers will come out when you wash the windsheild when you have the headlights on only....Hope you enjoy and I'm sure you're questions will be answered on here as they pop up.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Save up for:
A Ls7 (or LS6) flywheel and a tune.

The car will be WORLDS different!!!

ps. Nice stang! Specs?
Old 08-09-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome.... any mods on the other cars?
Old 08-09-2010, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DoctorNick
Save up for:
A Ls7 (or LS6) flywheel and a tune.
LS6 flywheel is as light or good as the LS7?
Old 08-09-2010, 07:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks the for welcome

We actually just finished building the motor for the Saleen, as the original one blew at about 7k miles lol. It now has a forged 4.6l stroked to 5.0. It has the factory Saleen supercharger, but we up the boost from 4lbs to 10-13 (depending on outside temps). We had to add additional supporting mods like a clutch disc, fuel system, intake etc. It put down 462/469 torque at the wheels at ~10psi so we're hoping to see closer to 500 in good cold weather and 13 psi. Aside from those mods, its just the reg Saleen package with their racecraft suspension and 'maxgrip' rear (3.55 gears).

The 335i is my dad's DD/Fun car. He's done most everything from exhaust, to replacing the open diff with a LSD. He has a Procede programmer on there and soon we're adding Meth injectors, a larger cooler, better charge pipes, dual cone intake, etc. He also has KW Coilovers and some M6 wheels on there. His car put down 360 to the wheels but the dyno guy wasn't familiar with how to lock the gears in place so I think it would have gone a bit higher. That was his baseline run so we're excited to see what the meth, intake, pipes, etc do for him. It already feels faster than the Saleen so it should be nuts.

I'd really love to build up the V, but for not it will stay mostly as it is. Which is by no means a slouch. I got on it on the way home from work today and man that engine sounds NIIICE. Kind of nice to hear something now drown out by a supercharger.

Thanks again for the warm welcome .

ps. I haven't looked at the CAGS delete yet. Is it an electrical resistor or something that gets soldered in?
Old 08-09-2010, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
ps. I haven't looked at the CAGS delete yet. Is it an electrical resistor or something that gets soldered in?
Old 08-09-2010, 07:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ah okay so I take it there is a resistor or something built into that plug-in that someone designed. Cool.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

ya, it's basically just a resistor to prevent the cags from kicking on

congrats on the purchase, got mine a few months ago....def a fun car to drive!!
Old 08-09-2010, 11:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

For sure it is. Some guy at the gym came back in to task the owner who owned the V. I'm used to people kinda gawking when I drive the red car in, but it was sure nice to get a nice compliment on the Caddy. Made me feel better about spending the money lol even though I shouldn't need outside validation to enjoy the sweet ride.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First person ive ever heard complain about hearing a blower whine from there own car haha.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Haha don't get me wrong, I love the sound of the blower. But it's nice to hear the sound of a healthy NA V8 for a change. The blower whine drowns out pretty much any sound of the engine on the Stang under WOT. Again, its a great sound, but makes me miss the throatyness a NA engine carries with it. Guess I'm spoiled lol. I'll shutup now.

Quick Reply: Joined the V crowd.