Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

550+ rwhp in a V2, come chat...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 07:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 550+ rwhp in a V2, come chat...

Ok, the reason I'm curious is that I have found at least 3 different ways to get to at least 550, and then when I talk to the shop around town I am toying with let them do the work they come up with a 4th, and I think I have found a 5th...

I'm just wanting to build it up in Stages I think, and if it's not strong enough then go more. Just not sure I want a 600 rwhp Daily Driver.

I have the auto, so I know you have to get a bit more to get to the rwhp, but still....

I know there are several ways so I'm just curious how people have done it, and what they like or don't like about it. Also I'm not wanting to destroy my MPG, as I still drive between 4-700 miles a week and don't want to really be hitting every gas station.

I am going for the Whine, so that's a CAI, and then after I just want HP. I don't want a loud car, so exhaust is pretty much out, plus for the $ it's really not worth it IMO. I think if I want sound it will be Headers and HFC's....

Option 1)

Upper
Lower (9.5)
82 lb injectors
CAI
Heat Exchanger
Tune
meth
headers
HFC
160 stat
Port blower

~600 rwhp (9300 with labor)

Option 2)

Lower (9.5)
CAI
Headers
HFC
Tune

~575 rwhp 3500 parts and dyno

Option 3)

Upper
CAI
Cam
Headers
HFC
Tune

~575 rwhp

Option 4)

Lower (9.0)
CAI
Headers
HFC
Exhast
Tune

~575 rwhp 3800 parts and dyno

Option 5)

Lower (9.0)
CAI
Tune

~550 rwhp (1800 I buy parts and install and pay for a dyno)

Option 6) Recommended by 2 shops

Upper Pulley and Blower Belt 299.99
CAI 330.00
Tune including auto tune 500.00
Ngk TR6 plugs 25.00
Labor 700.00

~530 rwhp (by far the cheapest route) 1899 with labor (this one I could do myself and then just dyno)
1050 doing it myself and paying for dyno

so game on with options...

Last edited by Domsz06; 09-01-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

OKAY, what are the cost differences between each package and then lets look at the cost/hp ratio...

What are some of the shops names as well...

-Adam
Old 09-01-2010, 11:01 AM
11 Second Club

good point adam.

I'll add costs as I get them.

The shops I have talked to are G-force, LMR, and then paschale performance.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

ADD AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE and I might make this a sticky for the V2 guys.

I have a local buddy who wants to send his V2 to Hennesey and I'm trying to show him more options for lower cost.

This could be a nice benchmark thread for V2 guys who want to MOD and need direction.

-Adam
Old 09-01-2010, 11:48 AM
11 Second Club

cool thanks Adam,

How much detail do you want lol, I have lots. I mean I have the shops break down everything when I get it, if you want me to put the shops and their quotes too I can, but most didn't want the prices public...

I didn't even call Hennesey due to their price... But I guess you get what you pay for....
Old 09-01-2010, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Domsz06
cool thanks Adam,

How much detail do you want lol, I have lots. I mean I have the shops break down everything when I get it, if you want me to put the shops and their quotes too I can, but most didn't want the prices public...

I didn't even call Hennesey due to their price... But I guess you get what you pay for....
I would like lots of detail, I would also like to protect each shops information.

Lets leave shop names out but give me shop names in reference to example:

Shop 1 , Shop 2 , Shop 3
xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

And we will put a note in the thread saying that to contact me for shop name per shop # if someone is interested in proceeding with that shops mods.

Cool!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:13 PM
11 Second Club

ok got it. I'll do that tonight and or today as I have time.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Banned

I know this isn't your first car to mod by far. I also see you only want 500whp but we know that will change at some point. I would start with parts that will grow with you and not need replaced later. Like if you do a upper pulley and idler go ahead and get the blower ported. I would do the first step of mods without going into the motor but prepairing it for future mods. Take care of the heat exchanger and thermostat now. I would also do a upper and lower combo later but leave that last psi on the table to not max the blower out 100% and keep the intake change down just slightly.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

Hey you should check out D3 Research & Design.... www.d3cadillac.com
(562) 216-8919

They did all the work to my car v1 and v2.... Talk to James ...

They are very nice and offer great products... every part they sell has been tested and dynoed ...
Old 09-01-2010, 01:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Josh@PremierAutosports
I know this isn't your first car to mod by far. I also see you only want 500whp but we know that will change at some point. I would start with parts that will grow with you and not need replaced later. Like if you do a upper pulley and idler go ahead and get the blower ported. I would do the first step of mods without going into the motor but prepairing it for future mods. Take care of the heat exchanger and thermostat now. I would also do a upper and lower combo later but leave that last psi on the table to not max the blower out 100% and keep the intake change down just slightly.
Yes thats what I plan on doing, and shooting for 550 first then on from there. So I think I will work the plan on what I can only buy once and then keep going.

thermostat and heat exhanger are not "power mods" but mods that keep the power more constant and longer.

Originally Posted by hyespeeder
Hey you should check out D3 Research & Design.... www.d3cadillac.com
(562) 216-8919

They did all the work to my car v1 and v2.... Talk to James ...

They are very nice and offer great products... every part they sell has been tested and dynoed ...
D3 has great products and I have no issues with them, but their prices are outrageous and for what they charge for a pulley you can buy so much more.

Budget isn't a huge factor, but if I can buy more for the same price I'm going to
Old 09-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Yea i know their prices are up there .. but i saw all the parts before it was installed and they are very very nice ... The main reason i went with them is because all their parts have a lifetime warranty

V2 is not a cheep car and the last thing i want to do is put junk parts on it

A piece of mind is what i need
Old 09-01-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Paschal is awesome to deal with and will hook you up. Clifford has a V2 and loves it. From what ive read on multiple sites and in magazines long tubes on a V2 dont do a whole lot for the money. Thats a major expense for a minimal gain. I actually think a catback made more power then long tubes on the V2.

If it were me id do a pulley, mid sized blower cam, CAI, tune. The cam will be as much as the long tubes but youd gain more power from it.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Domsz06,
Call or go down to Advanced Racing Dynamics.
I had my last car dyno there.
Great place.

Advanced Racing Dynamics
5023 Addicks Satsuma Road
Houston, TX 77084-6075
(832) 593-9140
www.advancedracingdynamics.com‎
Old 09-01-2010, 07:35 PM

yes caddys are very exspensive but most of these mods you can do your self and ecspecially the way the enconomy is. Dont get me wrong letting a shop do the work and have the warranty is great but considering the mods do it your self and get it tuned. Im the type of person that likes to do everything myself.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ctsvnino
yes caddys are very exspensive but most of these mods you can do your self and ecspecially the way the enconomy is. Dont get me wrong letting a shop do the work and have the warranty is great but considering the mods do it your self and get it tuned. Im the type of person that likes to do everything myself.
I like saving money and have done almost all of my mods myself, but god was it nice to drop the car off for the cam, and come pick it up 2 days later dyno tuned and ready to go. If you have the money i can see wanting a turn key car.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by hyespeeder
Yea i know their prices are up there .. but i saw all the parts before it was installed and they are very very nice ... The main reason i went with them is because all their parts have a lifetime warranty

V2 is not a cheep car and the last thing i want to do is put junk parts on it

A piece of mind is what i need
i agree but i also feel that for what you get at other spots the product is just as good. These are all name brand parts. But each to their own.

Originally Posted by ctsvnino
Yup and I have a feeling I will do this as well.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I like saving money and have done almost all of my mods myself, but god was it nice to drop the car off for the cam, and come pick it up 2 days later dyno tuned and ready to go. If you have the money i can see wanting a turn key car.
i agree on a cam, but the other stuff is basically "bolt on"
Old 09-01-2010, 07:56 PM

also maybe for good numbers i would do if it was me is cai, uper and lower pulleys, 160 stat, port blower, headers and exhaust and see how that pays off
Old 09-02-2010, 08:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

I do not know if ADM Performance in Lewisville is a supporting supplier of this site or not, but they have an excellent reputation for turning out satisfied customers and quality work.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:56 AM
11 Second Club

Yes I have heard that on here as well as the other forum Gary.

I have the list done, wonder how Silverado wants it listed....
Old 09-02-2010, 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

FWIW & IMHO: The '09 & up CTS-V A6 (automatic trans, Hydra-matic 6L90E 6 speed) develops on the average, about 38 RWHP and about 30 RWTQ less than the M6 (Manual trans, Tremec TR6060 6 speed manual). I would expect the 2 door coupes and the wagons to lose about the same.
All types of dynos claim considerably different RWHP & RWTQ readings, and that may also be true of dyno to dyno in the same family and / or type of dyno also.
HTH

Quick Reply: 550+ rwhp in a V2, come chat...