Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

I was forced to put on front plate (ugly pic)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was forced to put on front plate (ugly pic)

A local cop has a hard on for me. He was attempting to pull me over for “street racing” (I was going WOT from 1-2nd in a 45MPH) when a car ran a red light right in front of us. He pulled around me and pulled over the other guy. As I passed him he yelled “slow the f*ck down!” He thought I was racing due to his obstructed view and made that call due to the sound of my engine. Luckily I have the whole event on camera.

Anyway, he found me 2 weeks later and chastised me for racing on a public road and how he “owes” me. I did not argue and just said yes Sir...he wrote me for no front plate.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:02 PM
11 Second Club

so why or how where you forced to put a plate on? pay the ticket and leave it off.

and I still stand by my statment I have said before, they don't pull you over just for not having a front plate, they get you for doing other stupid stuff, even though you were not racing, WOT is still accessive display of acceleration and they can get you for that too.
(I know we all do stupid stuff btw, not saying I have never done it, just saying watch your surroundings)

How much was it?
Old 09-20-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

I have to deal with the same thing. In NY they strictly enforce it. It really ruins the look of these cars to be honest.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

He "OWES" you...

What a chump.

I had a Trooper pull me over in the CTSV for this before....So stupid!

Old 09-20-2010, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Domsz06
so why or how where you forced to put a plate on? pay the ticket and leave it off.

How much was it?
Because he patrols right by where I live. Had it been a random cop in an area in which I dont live and work, I would have paid the fine and not installed it. I will see him again and he will pull me over again. I'd rather forgo him pulling me over every few weeks.

The fine was $109 and you only have to pay $10 if you show them it was installed.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

the front plate law is retarded...

i got pulled over 4 times when i moved back to texas from St Louis. in was in my truck (which there is no way i can have any type of exhibition of speed thing), and i kept telling them i will install the plate when i get to my new residence. i had a longhorn front plate on at the time. i was pulled over by 2 state troopers, a FtW and Abilene Cop. Lucky i could use the "i just moved here from out of another base" and they didnt give me any tickets. it helps when you have orders that say i am moving from Scott AFB to Dyess AFB. but i did put them on, because the base rules will not let you drive on base without the front plate (if required by the state where the car is registered).
Old 09-20-2010, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
but i did put them on, because the base rules will not let you drive on base without the front plate (if required by the state where the car is registered).
Very true. If you had a crack in your windshield you'd be given a warning. The MPs eye f*ck your vehicle when you drive on base.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

hell yea they do.

one almost gave me a ticket because i didnt have the sheet of paper that the registration window sticker came on from DMV. when they asked for my proof of registration, i pointed at the sticker (which is the proof in Texas) and they said that wasnt good enough.. i was pissed, and so was my 1st Sgt.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Launching!

You could have gotten one of those hide-a-way front brackets. Ride around with it down when he pulls you over, flip the switch to put it up and say, "Officer I do have a front plate." When he goes to look...there it is....mess with his head a little.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My mother-in-law works for the Frisco PD and has told me many times the only reason they pull someone over for front plates is if he/they want to check you out/search your car... other then that they could give 2 *****... lol
Old 09-20-2010, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank god Az doesn't have those stupid front plates. It looks the worst on Corvettes.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ty...you and AZ can shove it...haha
Old 09-20-2010, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ugh, that sucks! And GM uses HUGE bolts too. So you couldnt even remove it later and barely notice. They use monster bolts so there are huge holes after.

I would have figured out a way to put it on the bottom grill. F That S
Old 09-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
Ty...you and AZ can shove it...haha
Old 09-20-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

in MD. they look for it all the time...especially vettes...in OC. the cops wait across the bridge a just pull u over and ticket u for no tag...fu th__
Old 09-20-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I got my 3rd warning last week for no front plate and having a smoked license plate cover on the rear. I finally removed the cover (), but I'm not going to put a front plate on it!

Does anybody know what the law is on smoked tail lamps?

-Mark
Old 09-20-2010, 08:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
My mother-in-law works for the Frisco PD and has told me many times the only reason they pull someone over for front plates is if he/they want to check you out/search your car... other then that they could give 2 *****... lol
agreed.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Working in law enforcement i can see why states make it the law and i can see why other people wouldnt realize it. You dont think about how much in comes in handy.

My brother was tboned by a drunk driver at 2am and they ran, the only reason they were caught was because the front plate was left at the scene.

Many thiefs and such are caught due to there being two plates to possibly see. I dont like the look either but vanity plates make it a tad better.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EdmundGTP
that panda made me laugh.

i am going to hate...texas front plate law
Old 09-20-2010, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
I got my 3rd warning last week for no front plate and having a smoked license plate cover on the rear. I finally removed the cover (), but I'm not going to put a front plate on it!

Does anybody know what the law is on smoked tail lamps?

-Mark
it's debatable.

according to the dmv website it cant' alter it's reflective properties...

but just like the front plates if they are gonna harass you they are gonna harass you. Mine are tinted and I don't run a front plate.

Also I drive right by anywhere from 6-12 cops every morning sitting outside bsing, while I'm driving to work. I still don't put a plate on. They have all seen my car, the lack of plate and the taiil lights, but I also cruise on by them everyday, not WOT....

I'd still not put one one.

Sucks you did, and sucks the cop is a dick to you, but in his defense he was just doing his job when you were at WOT.

Quick Reply: I was forced to put on front plate (ugly pic)