Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Would you sell the V for a TBSS

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you sell the V for a TBSS

Currently trying to sell my V and pick up a TBSS. The '04 V is all stock with 54,500 miles. I have found the TBSS I would buy. It's an '07, AWD, 3SS Red Jewel, 32,000 miles, NAV, ect. I know they are two totally different types of vehicles, but am I giving up too much to lose the V?
Old 11-21-2011, 11:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always liked the TBSS, but unless I was going to use it to tow (I saw one TBSS on the highway with a big boat hitched to it, and I was laughing cuz I kept thinking about all the LS2 jokes) I wouldn't give in a V for it. V has handling, and that will always be lacking IMO in lifted vehicles.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by odthetruth
I always liked the TBSS, but unless I was going to use it to tow (I saw one TBSS on the highway with a big boat hitched to it, and I was laughing cuz I kept thinking about all the LS2 jokes) I wouldn't give in a V for it. V has handling, and that will always be lacking IMO in lifted vehicles.
Yea I have thought about that and do have a boat that I can use to tow it but we live on a lake so that is very seldom. As far as handling, I have thought about that but at the same time I have my SS. I realize the V and SS are in two different playing fields but I still have that "sports car" to get behind the wheel of.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Launching!

man! your not sure about selling that V. im on the same boat with my SS, but a V is a different story.. those cars are badass.. TBSS are badass too but not as quick as the V plus on the v you get a 6 speed transmission and better gas mileage.. idk if in your case gas mileage matters, but just for that i would keep the V.

unless you are shopping for a new car and you dont have the V, i would pick the one for the better price, but in this case you already have it! enjoy it man..
Old 11-21-2011, 11:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would in a heartbeat if the TBSS didnt get **** for gas mileage.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Maroboy
man! your not sure about selling that V. im on the same boat with my SS, but a V is a different story.. those cars are badass.. TBSS are badass too but not as quick as the V plus on the v you get a 6 speed transmission and better gas mileage.. idk if in your case gas mileage matters, but just for that i would keep the V.

unless you are shopping for a new car and you dont have the V, i would pick the one for the better price, but in this case you already have it! enjoy it man..
The V is probably going to go regardless but I am struggling a bit with what to replace it with. Pretty damn hard to beat what it offers for the price. With the winters we have in Northern, IN AWD would be extremely nice. I have always wanted an SUV and figured a TBSS would be the way to go. I'd love an SRT8 Jeep but can't afford one of those.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I would in a heartbeat if the TBSS didnt get **** for gas mileage.
Yea that is my biggest concern honestly but I get shitty gas mileage in V because of the road system where I live.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:48 AM
TECH Regular

I have both. It's a hard choice because the tbss is such a badass suv. The tbss isn't too bad on mpg either. A tahoe is a lot worse.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SScamaro2001
The V is probably going to go regardless but I am struggling a bit with what to replace it with. Pretty damn hard to beat what it offers for the price. With the winters we have in Northern, IN AWD would be extremely nice. I have always wanted an SUV and figured a TBSS would be the way to go. I'd love an SRT8 Jeep but can't afford one of those.
the tbss is a great choice..the jeep is the best imo but they are expensive and worst gas mileage.

good luck with the sell and your new suv!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:10 AM
Launching!

[QUOTE=SScamaro2001;15649382] With the winters we have in Northern, IN AWD would be extremely nice. I have always wanted an SUV and figured a TBSS would be the way to go. QUOTE]

just buy some snow tires. Mine did awsome last winter with the blizzaks.....Ill never buy an awd car again. My v did better than my wifes 325xi did last winter.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Coming from someone who's had both... the TBSS is so nice just to hop into and cruise, while the V takes a little more effort. Gas mileage would be my biggest concern though. The TBSS EATS some premium at 14mpg. Launching is fun though.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Generally I think "performance" trucks and SUV's are bizarre, I don't understand them. But that's because they usually have compromised utility. The TBSS seems to have the same tow ratings and such as the regular TrailBlazer. So I guess if you were interested in one of those anyways, why not get one with an LS2.

But it sounds like you don't really need a TB, so why do the trade? I'd think the V is a lot more fun to drive.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

the one thing you can think about if u do go with a tbss is get it tuned for gas milage..play with the trans tune alittle and youll be able to squeezee out good gas mileage. just dont romp on it constantly
Old 11-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Launching!

just buy some snow tires. Mine did awsome last winter with the blizzaks.....Ill never buy an awd car again. My v did better than my wifes 325xi did last winter.[/QUOTE]

I have a set of snow tires and the car was still no fun to drive. The worst part was at lights/stop signs. Thing would spin when you were just easing into the gas.

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Coming from someone who's had both... the TBSS is so nice just to hop into and cruise, while the V takes a little more effort. Gas mileage would be my biggest concern though. The TBSS EATS some premium at 14mpg. Launching is fun though.
Yea that is what I am thinking. It would be nice to get into something and just drive. At the same time I have always wanted and SUV so this is the best of both worlds.

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
the one thing you can think about if u do go with a tbss is get it tuned for gas milage..play with the trans tune alittle and youll be able to squeezee out good gas mileage. just dont romp on it constantly
Yea I have thought of that too. I have heard a cai and efans will add about 1 MPG and if i got a tune I'm sure I could get a little more out of it.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

you can get alot more than that outta it..when i put the blower on my car, it took me a little work and research but i went from 14ish mixed driving to 19ish now. and i drive my car! no ***** footin.

and if i do take it easy on a nice highway ride, i can see up to 24mpg
Old 11-22-2011, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SScamaro2001
I have a set of snow tires and the car was still no fun to drive. The worst part was at lights/stop signs. Thing would spin when you were just easing into the gas.
What kind of tires? I put on Dunlop Wintersport M3's for last winter, and the car was a dream to drive. We had a big snowstorm that the V made it through just fine as my DD. Only limit was ground clearance. I felt it performed slightly better than our FWD cars with *good* all-season tires.

And if you want to enjoy the TBSS, I'd have to think you'll want some summer tires on it. So you don't cut down on tires/rims.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got an 03 5.3 silverado for towing and hauling. Enough power that it doesn't bore you. No way I would swap the v for a tbss.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

i love the look and performance of a TBSS but working at a dealer for 7 years- the trail blazer/envoy platform had way too many issues with it. at the end of the day you would be giving up a caddy for a trailblazer....
Old 11-22-2011, 02:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Caddy has its fair share of issues too...
Old 11-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

the TBSS does seem to be retaining its value fairly well though i must say..... i was looking for one as a shop truck over the summer and it seemed i couldnt touch one for under 20K
Old 11-22-2011, 02:36 PM
TECH Addict

I'm not a fan of the TBSS's but it is a better platform to mod for the dragstrip then the V1.. I have also been thinking of getting a new car/SUV.. I love the new 392 Charger SRT-8's and the new JGC SRT-8's and the new V2's.... when I sell my car I will be stepping into one of 3 with the V2 being my first choice followed by the charger and then the JGC...

Quick Reply: Would you sell the V for a TBSS