Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Revshift Motor Mounts A+

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 05:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Revshift Motor Mounts A+

Just had some Revshift Motormounts installed in my 05 CTSv. Oh my, what a difference! Car feels awesome. I don't notice any vibrations over stock. It was worth the wait for them to be delivered
Old 02-21-2013, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow great thread will read again a++++++
Old 02-21-2013, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

^lol
Old 02-21-2013, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol

blue or red? little detail?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:30 PM
TECH Regular

I posted as many have been asking which motor mounts they should go with, I picked up the Revshift blue ones and am very happy with them.

Sorry to waste all your valuable time.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No need to be defensive, man. We just want to hear what you have to say. The more detail, the better for everyone.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by casey02ws6
I posted as many have been asking which motor mounts they should go with, I picked up the Revshift blue ones and am very happy with them.

Sorry to waste all your valuable time.
We were laughing at your post because it sounded like eBay feedback.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh I posted that because there wasn't any real discussion points to be had with such a vague thread.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:33 AM
TECH Regular

Let me try this again:

While there are not many options I know I struggled to decide between the Creative Steel mounts and the Revshift. There seemed to be positive and negatives to both. My v is a daily driver and while I drive it aggressively from time to time I will give up ultimate performance for smoothness. I even considered replacing the worn out mounts with new stockers. I decided on the Revshift blues and am very impressed. My stock mounts must have been complete garbage as it feels like a different car. I will have to wait to see if they last but so far I am very satisfied.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:35 AM
TECH Regular

My car is close to stock with only muffler delete and a B and M shifter. Will likely go with a head /cam package in the future.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i ordered blue mounts, trans insert and rear diff bushing yesterday. one of my engine mounts is bad so i imagine itll be a huge difference for me
Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 AM
TECH Regular

I didn't realize how many misc clunks and vibrations were attributable to the motor mounts.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

The reduction in mirror shaking was the biggest surprise after installing cs mounts few years ago.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by casey02ws6
I didn't realize how many misc clunks and vibrations were attributable to the motor mounts.
If you think about it, you've got hundreds of pounds of metal distributed along the length of your car that is effectively suspended from the frame of the car in three, distinct points (motor, tranny, and differential mounts--ignoring the rear subframe for the moment), with the only "hard" point in the system being the rear axles. Shoring up any of of those three mounting points will reduce drivetrain movement. Because the motor is your drivetrain's prime mover (in essence, the absolute origin of all drivetrain noise), it should be expected that unwanted drivetrain noises would be reduced significantly.

For instance, when you disengage the clutch, the reverse torque transient will tend to want to spin the motor and transmission in the opposite direction. Since the transmission mount isn't really designed to withstand that kind of movement, and because the transmission is bolted to the motor, bad motor mounts could allow something to spin and hit something that it shouldn't, creating a nice clunk or thump that the driver can feel. Even if it isn't as bad as a discrete, audible "clunk," the driver may still feel weight shifting around in the car and perceive it as a sloppy or imprecise response to his input.

By the way, how bad were your stock mounts? Do you have pictures?

Last edited by FuzzyLog1c; 02-22-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c

This is like the black-head removal trope of the V community.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
If you think about it, you've got hundreds of pounds of metal distributed along the length of your car that is effectively suspended from the frame of the car in three, distinct points (motor, tranny, and differential mounts--ignoring the rear subframe for the moment), with the only "hard" point in the system being the rear axles. Shoring up any of of those three mounting points will reduce drivetrain movement. Because the motor is your drivetrain's prime mover (in essence, the absolute origin of all drivetrain noise), it should be expected that unwanted drivetrain noises would be reduced significantly.

For instance, when you disengage the clutch, the reverse torque transient will tend to want to spin the motor and transmission in the opposite direction. Since the transmission mount isn't really designed to withstand that kind of movement, and because the transmission is bolted to the motor, bad motor mounts could allow something to spin and hit something that it shouldn't, creating a nice clunk or thump that the driver can feel. Even if it isn't as bad as a discrete, audible "clunk," the driver may still feel weight shifting around in the car and perceive it as a sloppy or imprecise response to his input.

this is true. with the revshift cradle mounts and the uuc diff mount, my drivetrain clunk is all gone.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:20 PM
Staging Lane

I still need to get these. I have every other bushing that Revshift makes for our cars tho and it made a world of difference.

Quick Reply: Revshift Motor Mounts A+