Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Who knows what about B&B?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Who knows what about B&B?

Lotta exhaust stuff out there. I'm narrowed down to the billy boat. They have three catbacks on their website. X-pipe, resonator, and touring. The info on the site really seems like the resonator one is the same as the touring one but that can't be true. There looks to be a cut and paste error on the website but who would leave it like that for all these years? Are two of them 3", one with x-pipe and one with resonator, and the touring is 2.5"? Has anyone compared the three in person? (Obviously doubtful) Seems like most people have headers and exhaust when posting sound clips. I have stock manifolds with bolt in high flow cats. Anyone have similar with a sound clip?

I kind of feel like putting a 2.5" system on instead of the stock is a bit pointless since that's what's there but I don't want to chop up my stocker. It's brand new since I got rear ended last summer and I may get sick of the louder exhaust. I'd prefer to be able to go back rather than a bunch of fiddling.

Yes Nik I did search. Thanks for asking.

Last edited by isis; 07-03-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the B&B with the resonator on my car for a while and it sounded real good. I put the x-pipe on couple months later because I had it in the garage...so figured why not. The x-pipe definitely wakes it up a bit. I now have B&B headers to finish off the system. My opinion my be biased, but I think that it sounds the best out of the aftermarkets.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

So the 2.5" touring system is definitely not the same as the resonator one? Their website blurbs pretty much suck.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by isis
Yes Nik I did search. Thanks for asking.
damn, touché sir. I only tell people to search on things that I know exists. What you have here I don't know. I thought all B&B are 3" so I cannot contribute much, other than my personal preference is an x-pipe for the sound they give. The systems with a resonator are usually more tame and quiet.

Also, that 3" exhausts are better with big cubes or FI. And that 2.5" is better for the opposite as you can loose torque with a too well flowing exhaust. My magnaflow sounds great and it's 2.5" is all I need until I go FI. And I got a used system cheap, so I didn't feel bad when I had to mod it for my headers.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes 3 different front sections, everything else is the same.

3 front options:
2.5" resonator.
3" resonator
3" Xpipe
Old 06-09-2014, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had CORSA and even 1st gen B&B.

Quality and just a great sound.

I ran no cats with an X pipe, got stopped 3 times and ticketed once (excessive noise).

Now I run cats (custom setup to pass Calif smog) and the X pipe.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not too far from stock and have no crazy power plans but I think even with the highflow cats and the stock manifolds, a 3" won't drop too much low end. Plus I have hptuners to fix any out of whack computer stuff. I just think it's tougher to justify a 2.5" full catback when the stock is so nicely done to begin with. I'm sure different mufflers or deletes is fine but I want to be able to change back. Mostly because I've met me before. The same reasons I have had the car for 2 years and kept the exhaust stock. Just changed the cradle bushings and now with the trans insert, diff bushing, and cradle bushings, it sings a little much and a little loud. Was considering an exhaust, or a thumpier stereo. So far a B&B is the most attractive, cheapest and simplest option.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

Do the x-pipe. I did the resonator setup first, liked it. Then went x-pipe, loved it. Then added their headers and high flow cats and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went from resonator to X-pipe. Now I have a resonator for sale lol.

B&B sounds way better than any other exhaust on the market. Pull the trigger. The end.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by isis
I'm not too far from stock and have no crazy power plans but I think even with the highflow cats and the stock manifolds, a 3" won't drop too much low end. Plus I have hptuners to fix any out of whack computer stuff. I just think it's tougher to justify a 2.5" full catback when the stock is so nicely done to begin with. I'm sure different mufflers or deletes is fine but I want to be able to change back. Mostly because I've met me before. The same reasons I have had the car for 2 years and kept the exhaust stock. Just changed the cradle bushings and now with the trans insert, diff bushing, and cradle bushings, it sings a little much and a little loud. Was considering an exhaust, or a thumpier stereo. So far a B&B is the most attractive, cheapest and simplest option.
I forgot to put loss of torque but gain in power.

Which also, I would imagine would be worse with the stock manifolds since they would be the restrictive part? A 3" exhaust on stock manifolds would out flow the manifolds by a lot! I don't know enough about it really. At any rate the X-pipe WILL be louder, and by the sounds of it I would tell you to go with the 3" resonator system. As you do not like the added noise. From what I have gathered B&B is also the loudest of available exhausts. That would be my advice. And good news Lollygagger has one for sale!
Old 06-10-2014, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
At any rate the X-pipe WILL be louder, and by the sounds of it I would tell you to go with the 3" resonator system. As you do not like the added noise. And good news Lollygagger has one for sale!
Agreed. That's where I'm leaning. They have reduced prices on their site now. I wonder how long that will last.

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
I went from resonator to X-pipe. Now I have a resonator for sale lol.

B&B sounds way better than any other exhaust on the market. Pull the trigger. The end.
What would you want for the resonator section and do you think I could buy the rest from B&B?
Old 06-10-2014, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is this place legit?

http://marylandspeed.com/bb-catback-sport-exhaust-with-resonator-20042007-cadillac-ctsv-fdom-0300-p-2095.html

1099 and free shipping?
Old 06-10-2014, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like we have had a similar thought process here. I just ordered my B&B resonator (full 3") kit from Maryland Speed 2 weeks ago. I want a nice deep throaty sound, but I don't need my boss to hear me driving out of the parking lot from his desk.

I was debating the B&B vs. A muffler delete, but I couldn't bare to cut up the nice stock exhaust. Not to mention I've seen these (b&b)exhausts going for $750 used, so the true cost compared to the delete isn't that far apart if I go back to stock.

It's not supposed to ship for another week or so, but I'll post up my impressions when I get it.

Fyi, the $1099 at Maryland Speed is actually about a $50 price increase from about 2 months ago.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good info. Let me know how it all works out.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cjmV
Sounds like we have had a similar thought process here. I just ordered my B&B resonator (full 3") kit from Maryland Speed 2 weeks ago. I want a nice deep throaty sound, but I don't need my boss to hear me driving out of the parking lot from his desk.

I was debating the B&B vs. A muffler delete, but I couldn't bare to cut up the nice stock exhaust. Not to mention I've seen these (b&b)exhausts going for $750 used, so the true cost compared to the delete isn't that far apart if I go back to stock.

It's not supposed to ship for another week or so, but I'll post up my impressions when I get it.

Fyi, the $1099 at Maryland Speed is actually about a $50 price increase from about 2 months ago.
I have not seen many used b&b systems at all , let alone for 750!?
Old 06-10-2014, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
I have not seen many used b&b systems at all , let alone for 750!?
Saw one recently on the detroit metro area craigslist.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

If anyone sees one on craigslist PA or Ohio, let me know. I've never seen one sell used.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just to keep adding relevant info to this thread, I shot them a form email last night through their website asking about the lead time to receive FDM-0300 in PA:
Most B&B systems take 1-2 weeks to ship because they are made to order...plus another 3-4 days to get from them in AZ to you. Thanks!

Branden F.
President
www.marylandspeed.com
The response took only about 10 min, at 10:30pm.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

MD speed is nice to deal with. gotten several things from them over the years.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

At the time I ordered I got a good deal directly from B and B. I wanted the black coated rear sections also. I got the 3 inch X pipe no resonator. Black coated and shipped for about the price you've listed above.

Quick Reply: Who knows what about B&B?