Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Need help please! urgent!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help please! urgent!!!

ok, heres the deal. i have found a 05' V with 4500 miles on the clock. Silver/blk combo... loaded of course. selling for $36K! now this is a steal as it is ~4K under cost... but here is the kicker...

it has a GM buyback due to replacement of the following.
3 power steering pumps
2 steering gears
1 power steering hoses.

Now, the factory warranty is transferable to me, and lasts till June of 09' or 45K miles. any/all issues that would come up are covered under warranty...

Now heres the question...do u think its worth buying this car? even with the buyback, the replaced parts..

thought, opinions??? all very welcomed!!!

thank you!
Aj
Old 03-16-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like a lemon to me. something wrong with the front of the motor or balance that keeps killing those PS pumps.

my advice is stay away
Old 03-17-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

i'd say go for it, it will be replaced under warranty and there is a tsb on the issue... it just needs to be replaced...
Old 03-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by obZidian
i'd say go for it, it will be replaced under warranty and there is a tsb on the issue... it just needs to be replaced...
thank you guys...

ObZidian: which issue is the TSB? and ur right, it is under warranty...
thanks bud!
Aj
Old 03-18-2006, 06:43 AM
Teching In

That's a great price! Are you getting it from a Cadillac Dealer? If so tell them if they certify the car you will. That would give you warranty to 100k. Either way the car is still covered so I would do it. I have had my V for 3 weeks and love it!

Good luck
Matthew
Old 03-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Badazgn: yes, i thought about it... but im going to pass on this car. i actually found a new deal which is literally right down the street from me. its another 05', black/ebony combo. 12K miles, warranty till June 09'. Mint condition. asking 37900, but im sure a lil bargaining will occur...
thanks guys!
Aj
Old 03-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Teching In

That's cool. Either way as long as your getting a V!! LOL Besides the Black ones are faster!

Let us know when you get it!

Matthew
Old 03-19-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

really? And i thought the platinums were the fast ones?

the TSB i believe is on the actual power steering singing. No worries!! Its a sweet car and very mod friendly vs money needed when to the other competators. The ls6 is the tuner of v-8'z and it gets great mileage for an 8 cylinder.

Almost every car has its issues. E55'z have problems with the IC motors, therefore loss in power. SRT-8 3000m'z have issues with their trans grinding or shuttering. These things are not uncommon and though it can make it annoying a bit, you 'll love the car, trust me!!!

It only takes a h/c package, plus a few bolt-ons to get this car possibly running into the 11'z or more like it has the potential to run 11'z, but on the street you'll see the difference.

good luck, seems like you have a few options, source out which one you like and feel is right and go for it, you will not reqret it, great car for a daily driver and nothing like it on the road right now.

Quick Reply: Need help please! urgent!!!