Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Insurance help!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance help!?

Recently I got in an accident and the guys insurance said that they will fix my V. However, just recently I found out that insurance wants to go and order chinese aftermarket to replace the parts and I told them hell no! I want strictly GM parts because not only is it a V but my warranty will be voided with that junk. They will not listen to me and keep wanting to go that route what do i do??

I really miss my V and just want it back but I want it fixed with quality and i dont know what to do!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Veteran

I would talk the the highest person in charge they will allow you to talk to. It's not your fault if they are covering it and you shouldn't have to settle. If that doesn't work, might need a lawyer to give them a call.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds shady to me, what insurance company?
Old 04-13-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Check your state's consumer protection laws. I know in Indiana they have to use OEM if you specify and your car is under a certain age which I believe is 5 or less.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was able to find Indiana law here. It is 5 years in Indiana. Where do you live?
Old 04-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

thats b.s. and insurance company tryin to save some $$$$$$$
Old 04-13-2010, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

I live in Colorado and i can't find anything about this!

It is farmers.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I posted this on the other forum. It appears CO sucks when it comes to consumer/insurance protection. You may need to argue with them and lawyer up Here's what I found on CO law, but I'm not sure if it's current or accurate.

Imitation Crash Parts Regulations

Any nonoriginal equipment replacement crash part supplied for use in this state shall have the name or trademark of the manufacturer affixed to or inscribed on it. Such name or trademark shall be placed so as to be visible after installation of the part whenever practicable.

No insurer shall specify the use of nonoriginal equipment replacement crash parts in the repair of an insured's motor vehicle without disclosing the intended use of such parts to the insured. In all instances where nonoriginal equipment replacement crash parts are intended for use by an insurer, the written estimate shall clearly identify each such part as being a nonoriginal equipment replacement crash part, and a disclosure document containing the following information in ten-point type or larger type shall appear on or be attached to the insured's copy of the estimate: "This estimate has been prepared based on the use of one or more crash parts supplied by a source other than the manufacturer of your motor vehicle. Warranties, if any, applicable to these replacement crash parts are provided by the parts manufacturer or distributor rather than by the manufacturer of your vehicle."

Nothing in this part 13 shall affect either rights, defenses, or liabilities of parties otherwise available at law regarding damages or injuries arising from the use of replacement crash parts.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go thru ur collision insurance..explain the situation..they can fix ur car and sue the other insurance company
Old 04-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Staging Lane

Let them know they just bought a V if the repairs are not acceptable. I had the same issue with my truck and did not budge on my view that my truck would not need any work if your insured did not hit me there for i will not accept any thing but gm replacement parts. because if your insured did not hit me the the truck would still have gm parts. they finaly saw my point of view after a month of driving there rental around. hope that helps. dont let up the insurance compays adjusters job is to get your car fixed as cheap as possible and your job is to get the point across that there will be no bs going on with a limited production specilty auto like A CTS-V.

Quick Reply: Insurance help!?