Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Service Stability System Light

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service Stability System Light

I've had a warning light for my stability system pop up twice in the last 2 days. I know the obvious answer is to take to the dealer...just wondering if anyone has had this and what it turned out to be...BTW I've had to run mine in Comp Mode b/c it just randomly decides to compensate for me...no slide no spin. Kinda worried I may have more of a serious problem on my hands???? any advice, exp with this will be appreciated.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing happened with mine but only when it was a bit snowy out so something may have gotten onto your sensor, honestly if nothing hue is going on i wouldnt worry but better safe than sorry so dealer would be best idea.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Mine had that happen randomly over the last winter but only when backing out of my driveway after the car sat overnight. It has not popped up since the weather warmed up.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

I've had that due to a fault with one of the ABS wheel sensors, which of course requires you to replace the entire hub/bearing/sensor assembly.

But the warning could be due to all sorts of stuff, so there really is no way to know until you take it to the dealer and have them run their diagnostics on it.

Last edited by AAIIIC; 05-17-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

SWPS, YAW Sensor or Wheel speed sensor. My bet is SWPS --> http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...r-install.html
Old 05-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Same here. Happened this winter after getting stuck. It was the sensor and wheels bearings. If you're under warranty it should be 100% covered. Plus I got to drive a 2010 SRX for a few days!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

Nope, no warranty here...I bought it exactly 2 months ago and just got my motor mounts in today that looked like a bomb had went off in the driver's side...hell I thought it rode good till now, it's smooth as can be. It came off the lift...2 minute later the damn check coolant light came on and about another mile down the road the service stability light came on again, I think I gotta gremlin....short road trip in the am and then to the dealer Wed. Thanks for all the advice, anyone have an idea on $ for the sensor?
Old 05-18-2010, 12:04 AM

what kind of motor mounts did you get to replaced the bombed ones?
Old 05-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Definitely Steering Wheel Position Sensor. I had the same problem. The message would randomly come up for no reason. The dealer was clueless about this problem. Saved some money and did it myself. ~$80 for the sensor. Not too bad of a job for someone to do on their own. You might need someone else to help your put the steering column back into place. Good luck!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:19 PM
TECH Resident

Well I used a new set of stockers that I got from a guy on here....the cat that I bought the car from was only willing to pay a limited amount to help me out on the replacement. I will use some Creative Steel ones once I blow these out....driver's side looked like a RPG hit it, pass side was about 1.5" shorter that it should've been from all the extra work I guess.. Thanks on the sensor info...I'm gonna look into it tomorrow

Quick Reply: Service Stability System Light