Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Yet another satisfied Creative Steel customer!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yet another satisfied Creative Steel customer!

Here's my review on the CS Black Motor Mounts.

I found myself dealing with the typical dieseling on shutdown, idle vibrations, and some questionable shifting feedback. It hit me that it was yet another motor mount replacement time!

Rather than dealing with the stock OEM junk, I decided after viewing various threads on the Creative Steel Black mounts, to pull the trigger and get them. I called and spoke with Kristi, she was very friendly, answered my questions, and got the mounts out the same day! Shipping was fast, I managed to get them in 2 days just in time for the weekend. Thanks again Kristi!

Some pics of the mounts and heat shields:

In the typical dealer fashion, when my drivers side mount was gone, they replaced that one and that one only. This left my passenger side mount sitting on borrowed time. It eventually caved in on itself.

Heres the passenger side mount, you could not tell it was leaking at all upon visual inspection while still on the car but, once it was removed it was evident that I was holding a paperweight.

I heat wrapped both mounts as a precaution. The install was a lot easier than the removal of the old mounts simply because the stock mounts are bulky while the CS Black mounts are slim.

After driving with the new mounts for about 2 weeks now, I am very happy with them. Shifting was improved, the car itself feels a lot more solid and planted. The rear end clunk has been dampened dramatically. Shutdown shudder still remains due to the dual mass flywheel. However, it's type of shudder that's way different than the type you have when there's a broken mount. Anyone that's been in a hard mount car will know what I'm talking about. There are no additional vibrations in the interior. I'm still on the stock trans mount. In short, I've never felt this car feel more solid than after putting in these mounts. Even when the stock mounts were fine, it did not provide this much confidence when driving especially in the rain. I haven't done a clutch dump so I cannot attest to the "mounts cured the wheel-hop" scenario...yet.

Thanks again Max and Kristi for providing the V1 platform some stout mounts and great customer service. I look forward to purchasing some more goodies as well as future Creative Steel developments.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

What are your mods and why did you choose the black mounts over the gray?
Old 07-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CTSV_510
What are your mods and why did you choose the black mounts over the gray?
Mods are intake filter, muffler delete, and x-pipe. Its pretty much a stock car. I wanted the firmest mounts available and these seemed to be the ones to go with.

I also hypothosized that the less deflection I have transferring to the rear of the car, the more stable the car would be. So far my hypothesis is true.

Moving on into the future I see myself going FI so I figured its a long term redeeming mod also.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kamasutra,

I have the gray and am considering trading them for the black if max will let me....if the black stiffen up and truly add no harsh vibrations i want them instead. i can imagine the road feel is greatly improved too since the engine is no longer bouncing or 'floating' ... i know they gray are nice based on reviews but im sick of the softness and cant help wondering if people would have liked black even more than gray...

im also kicking myself for not asking you for a test ride while i was in chicago for the last 5 days...
Old 07-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cadzilla
kamasutra,

I have the gray and am considering trading them for the black if max will let me....if the black stiffen up and truly add no harsh vibrations i want them instead. i can imagine the road feel is greatly improved too since the engine is no longer bouncing or 'floating' ... i know they gray are nice based on reviews but im sick of the softness and cant help wondering if people would have liked black even more than gray...

im also kicking myself for not asking you for a test ride while i was in chicago for the last 5 days...
I think what ended up happening is a lot of guys ended up swapping in the black mounts and the hard trans mount, that combo ended up giving people harsh vibrations/gear shift issues.

The newest soft trans mount is harder than stock but not as stiff as the first one that was released and is recommended for anyone who's got the black mounts. I'll eventually get it, but for right now the stock one is adequate.

The feeling you get with these mounts is hard to document on a video, you just got to go for a ride in the car and feel it for yourself. Daily driving the car, it feels as smooth as an automatic, it just goes versus slopping around and going. When you want to bang gears, it feels way more precise and planted.

Driving with the A/C on, you are subjected to feeling the rotating mass of the dual-mass flywheel, it coaxes you to upgrade that heavy turd to a single piece flywheel clutch combo or a twin disk. Again, no real additional vibes, but you can just sense the car would feel even better without it.

Let me know when you're in the area next time, we can compare both mounts.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Very Nice review, I was thinking about doing these next. My creative steel trans mount and diff bushing showed up last week just need to get them installed.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

How much do their mounts go for?
Old 07-10-2010, 03:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SilverStripeSS
Very Nice review, I was thinking about doing these next. My creative steel trans mount and diff bushing showed up last week just need to get them installed.
Thanks, I look forward to also getting the diff bushing myself.

Originally Posted by guitar333
How much do their mounts go for?
These mounts went for 222 shipped including the heatshields.

Quick Reply: Yet another satisfied Creative Steel customer!