Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Did you find your CTS-V Locally?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you find your CTS-V Locally?

I am not in the market now, but I rarelyyyyyyyyyyy see one for sale, even 100 miles from where I live..I look in autotrader, ebay, even cadillac cpo... actually I have not seen one cpo cts v ...

What criteria am I looking for? 2005+ under 40K miles, under $30K...

For those of you that bought them used, how'd you find it? How far did you travel to find it?

You know it's one of those things.. like I am not looking for one NOW, but that doesn't mean that a test drive won't convince me to move up my purchase date or decision on what to buy, lol

I am in South Florida, btw, so there is a market for Cadillacs, lol.. just don't see them for sale.. I've seen a few on the street... and for laughs and gigles I races an 09 or 10 in my mustang a few weeks ago.. n20 and all, and I was like standing still, lol...
Old 08-15-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I found mine on autotrader about 15 miles from y house at a cadillac dealer, they usually kept 3-4 on the lot at all times. I got mine CPO. I dont see why you cant find any really.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had to drive about an hour away to get mine.

If you really want one, and are going to be picky, you need to be prepared to spend some time to find what you want.

I was really picky in that i wanted a 07 with low miles for cheap, and i really wanted red, but silver would be ok. (i found my silver 07 with 16500 miles for mid 20's)

I wouldn't start searching until you are ready to buy, you are going to kick yourself if you find the right car, and are not in a position to jump on it. I would not waste time when you find one either. I know dealers understand that it will take the right type of buyer to buy one, but if that other guy in your area is looking too...
Old 08-15-2010, 11:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fuzzy_Wuzzy
I wouldn't start searching until you are ready to buy, you are going to kick yourself if you find the right car, and are not in a position to jump on it. I would not waste time when you find one either. I know dealers understand that it will take the right type of buyer to buy one, but if that other guy in your area is looking too...
this is the truth right here, I'll tell ya. They can be hard to find, and when people find them they jump on it.

I am in Springfield Mo, and had found 1 in IL and 3 in TX, that I was interested in. I called the IL one first, but they act like they know what I am talking about and am ready to drive up that weekend for it, and all of a sudden they thought I was talking about a V that had higher mileage, and was 5k more.

Started calling the dealerships in TX, and 1 had been sold 2 hrs earlier, and another one was sold the day before, so on the last one, they still had it, got more pics, asked more questions about it, and drove 10 hrs each way to pick it up that weekend. I ended up having some trouble in the end, cause the financing was screwed up, but in the end I ended up getting a great deal on the car.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Autotrader...3 hours from where i live. 8700 miles from where i was at the time i bought it.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I was trying to buy one outta Cali and had been talking to the dealership the day it went up for sale for a great price. Was driving out the next day and luckily called before I left. Some guy had driven down from San Francisco the night before and paid cash for it. I ended up finding mine about 15 miles from my house. And the dealership made some clerical errors (I guess simple addition and subtraction isn't a requirement for dealership employment) so I got a great deal on my 05 V with 27k miles on it. This was in Nov of 08.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Resident

I'm in Louisiana and found one through my GMC dealer. They located one in California for me. They bought it from that dealer and had it shipped here. It is a neat program they do. They take it in, do all maintenance and anything you request be done. Then you can still refuse it since you bought it sight unseen.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:31 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in Nashville, and bought mine in Atlanta. Was about a 3hr drive each way.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Launching!

If you mean local as in I live in the South and bought my V from a state located in the South then yes...I bought locally...hahaha. The closest one I found was 2.5hrs away, I was negotiating back and forth between that one and one mid way down Florida that I was going to have to fly to go get. When I first started looking there were two at carmax but they wanted near $30k for a 2005 with 30k miles.....

I know of one for sale here in South Carolina from a car enthusiast...

quick details...

’05 CTS-V
Stealth Gray w/ black interior
49k miles
Immaculate condition, needs nothing
Navigation/DVD player, six disc CD changer (in-dash)
Sunroof, Onstar, Xenon headlamps
Stabilitrak and traction control
400hp LS6, six speed manual, 14” Brembo brakes
Under full bumper to bumper Cadillac warranty until 100k miles or Aug 2011
Asking $21500.

not your under 40k miles but does have warranty.....
Old 08-16-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got really lucky and saw the ad the night before, called the internet mgr. (don't like dealing with regular sales guys and their games) and came in the next morning to sign and drive away.

Prior to that (and what got me finalized on my mission), I test drove one at Carmax (05 w/60k; glad I didn't buy) and they dikked me around with trade/financing and let's just say I'll never do business with that clown outfit, ha ha. I wanted a V in 06 and that's what got me in to buy the GTO (they had used there, but were still in 40's), but never got serious again until recently...

So, after that joke of carmax, I got pre-approved with my Credit Union and decided to try private party. Problem was I had my Jeep still that I was going to sell or trade, but was gonna take a chance anyway. With interest rate cutoff at 06, (04-05 was +3-4% higher), it narrowed it down even more as there's many 05's (relatively) around, but very few 06-07's were for sale. Long story, I bought my 07 at dealer.

One thing to consider, if you're financing and why I had to stay really local...my credit union required me to either get a certificate from a dealer showing the KBB value and then get an in-person appraisal there, or if it were private party, the owner would need to take it to my credit union to get it appraised before I could sign papers and give him the check...Just something to keep in mind on your search.

Funny thing is, I got mine just right. I look every so often and they are far in between.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Teching In

I live in Utah, I found mine in detroit. Got on southwest airlines, booked their "Wanna get away deal" $130 for a one way flight, drove it back. Landed in detroit at 10pm friday, drove all day saturday and had it back in my driveway by 2pm Sunday. Was a fun drive got to play with a GTO and other cars on the freeway.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine from a buddy who is a wholesaler.....shopped auctions for about 6 mos to find one reasonable. If you do your legwork you can def find one. Gen 1's have dropped signifigantly in price lately.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Craigslist is where I got mine. I had 3-4 to choose from in the area, but I had to get the Grey low miles is gonna be a tough find, at least it was for me.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by alexplantman
I am not in the market now, but I rarelyyyyyyyyyyy see one for sale, even 100 miles from where I live..I look in autotrader, ebay, even cadillac cpo... actually I have not seen one cpo cts v ...

What criteria am I looking for? 2005+ under 40K miles, under $30K...

For those of you that bought them used, how'd you find it? How far did you travel to find it?

You know it's one of those things.. like I am not looking for one NOW, but that doesn't mean that a test drive won't convince me to move up my purchase date or decision on what to buy, lol

I am in South Florida, btw, so there is a market for Cadillacs, lol.. just don't see them for sale.. I've seen a few on the street... and for laughs and gigles I races an 09 or 10 in my mustang a few weeks ago.. n20 and all, and I was like standing still, lol...
I found a few locally through AutoTrader/e-bay. One in particular I went and looked at with intentions of purchasing, but it sold about 1/2 hour before I got there ('07 V Light Plat/Charcoal 13K miles 29K - Beautiful!). I was kinda sad/angry about that one.

Ended up finding mine on Autotrader/e-bay located at a dealership in Florida who mainly sells on e-bay. It was Recently traded from Ohio on some 100mph speedboat.(One owner; Redline; 1,380 miles on odometer; Bone Stock). Called, made a deal, and had it trucked up here to PA. Bought a 3/36 GM Major Guard Warranty and now it's got 3,200 miles on the clock. Drive it everyday - so far so good!
Old 08-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Launching!

I know it's more than 100 miles, but I just checked e-bay and there are a few for sale down your way, sorta. I think Alabama and Texas. Not exactly right next door, but sometimes you gotta travel a bit to get what you want. Or have it shipped to you.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Also got mine from a wholesaler. He bought it at an auction or me about 2 years ago. It had 19K miles at the time and he said it looked clean, so I bought it sight unseen.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Found mine about 1.5 hours north
Old 08-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Teching In

1 hour away, 2004, 14,800 miles bout 3 months ago
Old 08-17-2010, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

6 hours away, 2004, 17k miles about 4 months ago.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Resident

Found my 04 in immaculate condition with 28k miles on it in Ohio on Cadillac Forums. I bought it sight unseen and had it shipped to my door.

Quick Reply: Did you find your CTS-V Locally?