Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What do you guys think about this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys think about this?

It's not my setup but...

I do have an extra double din unit and i'm contemplating doing this. I didn't know how integrated the factory NAV system was to the rest of the car (especially the info section) so simply replacing it is out of the question. The CTS-V doesn't come with an aux input which is pretty odd so instead of trying to fabricate and install an input i might just install the other double din. It looks awkward though, never seen a car with two double dins .
Old 05-22-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I recall seeing this setup done on the caddy specific forum due to the fact that when you yank the factory display, you lose all infotainment stuffs.

I don't see a problem with it, especially since the caddy can't do MP3 cds/dvds, which was a big disappointment when I found out. Doesn't look that bad, if you do it right. The one on the other forum had some horrific gaps all along the edges.

I won't lie, I'm completely against owning an iPod, but since getting the Caddy, I've thought about it since I can't do MP3 cd's in my car

If you decide to get rid of your infotainment, let me know, my girlfriend would love to have that bad boy in her '07

-meaty
Old 05-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i understand keeping the stock, but i think it just looks retarded with two screens there. Can u not integrate a player into the video for the factory unit? Like an rca jack to the video setup?
Old 05-22-2011, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

That looks odd as others have said. If your just looking for extra inputs, why not put a single unit hidden in the glove box instead?
Old 05-22-2011, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

It would be somewhat decent, if the only thing the top screen did was tell you your traction control came on, or "buckle passenger" warning etc etc. In that case i'd have to have the screen's on opposite sides too. Especially for people in the constant snow or places with heavy snow. It would be nice to have a big screen to tell you "frozen temps" or traction control etc. in the snow
Old 05-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Staging Lane

I love how it looks. I just wouldn't want to hack job it =\
Old 05-23-2011, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

I don't think i'm going to go forward with this install. First of all, he obviously had to move some things around because from the top of the climate controls to the top of the factory cd player is only 3 inches or so, nowhere near enough room for another double din. Secondly there's no dash kit available for this install and i'm not going to start fabricating anything possibly screwing it up, i will just install an aux input & ipod connection.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by johnny6
I don't think i'm going to go forward with this install. First of all, he obviously had to move some things around because from the top of the climate controls to the top of the factory cd player is only 3 inches or so, nowhere near enough room for another double din. Secondly there's no dash kit available for this install and i'm not going to start fabricating anything possibly screwing it up, i will just install an aux input & ipod connection.
i have seen one up close as well and they had to remove the coin tray(ashtray or whatver you use it for) as well, which gives you the room for the double din. i was thinkink about doing this as well so i can have a touch screen and camera put in.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

I for one think the mod rocks, and a better sound setup rather than installing cleaners or eq's behind the factory system to achieve better sound. I am working with a local stereo shop though to do the fab work so it looks as stock as possible, thought about the whole head unit in the glove box or back and for me, I like having the controls in front of me.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about this?