Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

First time at the track with the new mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First time at the track with the new mods

-Dallas Performance hand ported snout
-Dallas Performance hand ported LSA heads
-10" lower
-air raid intake
-ID850 fuel injectors

Car made 610/590 in 105 degree dyno room through the auto. Ran of a best of

60ft--- 1.69
330ft-- 4.77
1/8 ET- 7.31
1/8 mph- 97.80

DA was TERRIBLE at 3479!

Honestly felt like the car had a 7.0-7.1 in it at 100mph but didnt get there. Needs help with the 60ft and headers/midpipe/heat exchanger should help a good bit. Could use some advice though, I'm leaving off idle and just flooring it, car is not spinning at all but isnt cutting great short times, what can I do to improve this? Gears/Converter?

Also what do you think my next round of mods will yield?

-Heat exchanger
-headers w/off road Xpipe
-considering an Ice box in the trunk
Old 06-19-2011, 09:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A 1.69 isn't a good short time?

A converter would probably net you the best improvement in short times with a heavy car like that. I'd personally leave the gears alone.

The other mods you mentioned should put you well within the desired range. It's already making beastly HP with awful ambient conditions.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive never been good at telling much about 1/8 aside from the 60'. any plans to get out to a 1/4 where it could stretch its legs a bit more?
Old 06-19-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BudRacing
For a car that puts out 610 hp at the wheels, that doesn't sound that great, but then again it is pretty heavy and IRS, so guess it's respectable. Put that same package in something with a good suspension for launches and I could see ~1.5 sec 60 ft's or better...Not saying you'll get that with the V, but for reference...Even in my stock Syclone I would get 1.7 and the vr-4 probably at 1.6 with ~330 at all wheels. Granted those are both AWD, but not near the power.

What gear ratio does the V2 come with, anyhow?

A higher stall would certainly help, but keep it reasonable and matched to your cam and powerband too and if you do go there, put som additional cooler(s), as they create a lot more heat from slippage.

Anyway, not sure what those 1/8 times equate to in 1/4, but bet the car pulls nice once it gets going!
Old 06-19-2011, 07:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BudRacing

A converter would probably net you the best improvement in short times with a heavy car like that. I'd personally leave the gears alone.

The other mods you mentioned should put you well within the desired range. It's already making beastly HP with awful ambient conditions.
Yeah debating on Meth, Nitrous or a big trunk mounted water/ice box to combat the AIT's

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
ive never been good at telling much about 1/8 aside from the 60'. any plans to get out to a 1/4 where it could stretch its legs a bit more?
low 11's

Originally Posted by JNR_Design
For a car that puts out 610 hp at the wheels, that doesn't sound that great, but then again it is pretty heavy and IRS, so guess it's respectable. Put that same package in something with a good suspension for launches and I could see ~1.5 sec 60 ft's or better...Not saying you'll get that with the V, but for reference...Even in my stock Syclone I would get 1.7 and the vr-4 probably at 1.6 with ~330 at all wheels. Granted those are both AWD, but not near the power.

What gear ratio does the V2 come with, anyhow?

A higher stall would certainly help, but keep it reasonable and matched to your cam and powerband too and if you do go there, put som additional cooler(s), as they create a lot more heat from slippage.

Anyway, not sure what those 1/8 times equate to in 1/4, but bet the car pulls nice once it gets going!
lows 11's in this heat. Maybe high 10's in some good air. I think I'm going to be able to get some 1.55's with it how it sits, just need the seat time.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, those are some strong times then and if you can get in the 1.5x's, that would be awesome. Have you thought about air bag in the passenger coil for preload? Be pretty impressive if you get that with IRS, for sure and the car sounds like a beast.

Back in my chevelle days, guys in the high 10's were cutting 1.4 times (a-body has a good setup when it's upgraded and dialed in), so I could see it being mid 1.5, low 1.6, which is still a hard lauch. I'd like to see what kind of 60' I can get in my vr-4 after I get this round done, as it'll be putting out some more power. That gives me a frame of reference then on how strong yours must pull then, as mine may be a low 12 second with a 1.6 and wow for it to pull in another second + as it's accelerating. (galant pulls hard too )
Old 06-19-2011, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

Yea, with 600+ HP, mid 1.5 60s should be possible. Maybe u need suspension work? A stall would help too. My buddys stock suspension, full weight, stock wheels, cam only gto runs 1.65 short times, and he has about 400whp.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JNR_Design
Yeah, those are some strong times then and if you can get in the 1.5x's, that would be awesome. Have you thought about air bag in the passenger coil for preload? Be pretty impressive if you get that with IRS, for sure and the car sounds like a beast.

Back in my chevelle days, guys in the high 10's were cutting 1.4 times (a-body has a good setup when it's upgraded and dialed in), so I could see it being mid 1.5, low 1.6, which is still a hard lauch. I'd like to see what kind of 60' I can get in my vr-4 after I get this round done, as it'll be putting out some more power. That gives me a frame of reference then on how strong yours must pull then, as mine may be a low 12 second with a 1.6 and wow for it to pull in another second + as it's accelerating. (galant pulls hard too )
Originally Posted by STAGEUP
Yea, with 600+ HP, mid 1.5 60s should be possible. Maybe u need suspension work? A stall would help too. My buddys stock suspension, full weight, stock wheels, cam only gto runs 1.65 short times, and he has about 400whp.
Yeah I'm on stock suspension with only lowering springs. Car doesnt need an air bag or anything IMHO I just need to mess with air pressure and foot braking it up.

I'm considering doing a gears/converter later. But the car should be making 650+ hp soon so I'll go take another swing at the track then.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Id do soemthing like a 2800 stall that seems to be the popular range for the V2's. Should definetly help with your 60 foots and overall times.

Quick Reply: First time at the track with the new mods