Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

408 Stroker build dyno sheet (RPM Motors, SCV)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 408 Stroker build dyno sheet (RPM Motors, SCV)

Bought the car about a month and a half ago, rings were bad, among other things that just were not right....

Took the car to Charlie & Austin at RPM Motors in Santa Clarita, after speaking to some other shops, I felt RPM was the best shop to do the work and they are in my back yard, win win.

Rebuilt 408 Stroker, Texas Performance block, AFR Heads, Comp Cam (230/242), Wiseco Pistons, new ACT clutch, Headers, no cats, Full Corsa exhaust, (was on car already), new cam bearings, crank polish, A&C rings, new motor mounts, etc etc etc.

Had the motor built/tuned my Charlie and I am running 510 hp to the wheels and 475 ft lbs torque, (naturally aspirated)

Very happy with the car, the power is tremendous, it moves for a house on wheels. I was treated right by the shop, no surprises, they walked me through every step, (I was there a few times a week for them to show me exactly what was going on).

I have owned many many cars and I must say that this V is one of my favorites. Not only can I throw 5 adults in the car, I can get them to where we are going very, very quickly!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 408 Stroker build dyno sheet (RPM Motors, SCV)-vdynorun.jpg   408 Stroker build dyno sheet (RPM Motors, SCV)-cts-v.jpg  
Old 08-22-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's got to be a lot of fun to doodle around town in, no doubt!

Get it out to the track and see if it can get some traction to put down some good 1/4 times

-meaty
Old 08-23-2011, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice numbers!!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by EVEL V
Bought the car about a month and a half ago, rings were bad, among other things that just were not right....

Took the car to Charlie & Austin at RPM Motors in Santa Clarita, after speaking to some other shops, I felt RPM was the best shop to do the work and they are in my back yard, win win.
congrats on the new build! i remember seeing your car there when i visited. RPM is a small shop but they get the job done...
Old 08-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Launching!

I saw your car there, glad to hear its all done and with great numbers to boot!!

Have to give up for RPM, they do great work and stand behind their products
Old 08-24-2011, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

Haha saw ur car there as well as jarrods nice to see a bunch of modded V's around
Old 08-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jweymar
I saw your car there, glad to hear its all done and with great numbers to boot!!

Have to give up for RPM, they do great work and stand behind their products
Very happy with the results....dropping it back off Monday for a Volant intake and some rotors in the rear.

Now I need to figure out the rest of the drivetrain, (trans and diff).

Wife will be REAL happy about that..
Old 08-24-2011, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EVEL V
Very happy with the results....dropping it back off Monday for a Volant intake and some rotors in the rear.

Now I need to figure out the rest of the drivetrain, (trans and diff).

Wife will be REAL happy about that..
That you do...haha...i say we can start a pool with out long it will take you to mess up an axle or a CV...
Old 08-24-2011, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

OMG!!Man thats one sick swap!! I am definitely investing in this route!! I want a 408 lq9!! More and more V1's are coming out with high hp transplants and now with the aftermarket rears popping up I know for sure I'm never gonna finish modding my V

Quick Reply: 408 Stroker build dyno sheet (RPM Motors, SCV)