Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

The V finally truly impressed me

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default The V finally truly impressed me

Let me make one thing clear: I love this car! Always have & probably always will. However, up until yesterday it really hadn't dawned on me what the capabilities my dream car daily driver were.

My drive home from work consists mainly of a 13 mile stretch of two lane blacktop between two East Tennessee towns. A decently fun road, mainly level, good mix of tight & long sweeping turns.

Yesterday on my way home I was stopping for a car turning off in front of me when out of nowhere came a silver Cayman S. He passed us all & have a little rev. There wasn't much traffic so I decided to run him down. Once I caught him we began the most thrilling drive I have had in the V since purchase. I knew I was faster in a straight line but wanted to see if I could hang in the turns. He tried as hard as he could to lose me but I was all over him. I could have driven around him in any turn of my choice no problem. I don't believe he was very happy that a big four door caddy was more than his pretty little german could handle, cause when I flashed my lights and turned off he did not reciprocate.

Sorry for the long post, but it made me happy that my car was way better at any point of the drive than a very good handling sports car.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you near Morristown?
Old 09-12-2011, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, Johnson City. Not too far away though.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I make that trip at least once or twice a month. I got 2 damn speed cam tix in a little town called Bluff City, Tn. It was on my way outta Bristol toward Piney Flats, Tn. That is some rural but FUN roads to drive in the V....Maybe why the popped me twice in 2 weeks LMAO
Old 09-12-2011, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ha ha, yeah know what you mean...This Infiniti G35 thought he'd do a cut lane, so I pass him over to get into the lane I needed to be in...No big deal. The fun part was going on the clover on-ramp; holy crap did he get far back there...It was one of those long 270 degree on ramps and I heard the tires bark ever so slightly, but the car was relaxed and afterward look down at my G and it was a .96 turn, lol....Wow. Couldn't imagine this thing set-up with proper bushings, even better shocks/springs and crazy tires!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bamacaddy, what do you come up this way for? Lol those damn cameras in the median in piney flats get a lot of people. I have a couple of roads you need to try next time you are up.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSmokd U
Bamacaddy, what do you come up this way for? Lol those damn cameras in the median in piney flats get a lot of people. I have a couple of roads you need to try next time you are up.
I sell veterinary therapy lasers, and even tho I live in Alabama I don't work there LOL. I cover Ms and Tn and the Fl Panhandle. I haven't been that far up in a couple of months, but I KNOW that it won't be long. I have a little bro that lives in Cumberland across the 4lane from LMU so I try and get up there a couple times a year at least. I make it to Knoxvegas every other week at least and I get out to the surrounding towns too.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool. Well next time you are in Bristol you should check out Hwy 421(The Snake) from there to shady valley then down 91 to Elizabethton. You can make a big loop and it's some really fun road. I was actually on Hwy 81 between Erwin & Jonesborough when this happened.

Quick Reply: The V finally truly impressed me