Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

coilover ?s

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coilover ?s

just bought the ksport coilover kit from the for sale section and it arrived today. need to order the missing part but my question is if any one has installed pics of them so i can figure out where the pieces go as im new to coilovers.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the Cadillac FAQ website
Old 09-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Teching In

thanks ill try that
Old 09-14-2011, 05:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can send you the pdf file from ksport, but it's so vague, mostly it just says "reference cadillac install guide"
Old 09-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28C4maro82z
I can send you the pdf file from ksport, but it's so vague, mostly it just says "reference cadillac install guide"
Yeah I looked at the PDF file and the gc kit install on the FAQ site which gave me an idea of what needs to be done. When I call ksport Ill see if they've got better instructions
Old 09-14-2011, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are a couple guys with this setup. They might chime in
Old 09-14-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, fellow Dentonite (well, I live really close to Denton). I can't believe how many Vs are around here, yet I've only seen a couple.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LAYGO
Damn, fellow Dentonite (well, I live really close to Denton). I can't believe how many Vs are around here, yet I've only seen a couple.
mine stays hidden along with my truck until the weekends, but mines silver to wish i had your hood though.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Launching!

I'm south of Denton, in Allen...
Old 09-15-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Based on the pics of the uninstalled KSports from the ad here, I think the install should be (essentially) the same as the install of my KW Variant3s. You can find the KW install instructions on their webpage here. I also have some pics of my KW install in a thread over on CF.com.

I'm pretty sure the KSports move the rear spring onto the damper, rather than using an adapter that keeps the smaller spring in the stock spring seat. That actually makes the install easier for the KSports, though - remove stock damper, install Ksport coil-over, done.

Based on what I've read here before, even with them set as high as they'll go, they're not as high as stock. So, I would set them as high as they'll go, see where that puts the height, figure out how much lower you want them to be, and adjust to get there.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
Based on the pics of the uninstalled KSports from the ad here, I think the install should be (essentially) the same as the install of my KW Variant3s. You can find the KW install instructions on their webpage here. I also have some pics of my KW install in a thread over on CF.com.

I'm pretty sure the KSports move the rear spring onto the damper, rather than using an adapter that keeps the smaller spring in the stock spring seat. That actually makes the install easier for the KSports, though - remove stock damper, install Ksport coil-over, done.

Based on what I've read here before, even with them set as high as they'll go, they're not as high as stock. So, I would set them as high as they'll go, see where that puts the height, figure out how much lower you want them to be, and adjust to get there.
thanks for the link