Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Getting my exhaust done as we speak... Any magnapack guys out there??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 03:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Getting my exhaust done as we speak... Any magnapack guys out there??

Well,
As it turns out, the stingers wouldn't work. The cases were a little too big and wouldn't fit nicely so I passed on em. I picked up some 14" magnaflow magnapacks from my buddy for a good price so I'm having them installed as we speak. There wasn't enough room to fit them where my muffler delete is so he's moving the X forward just a tad and putting them in that straight section up under the car so they will be nice and hidden. Anyone else running magnapacks? I've heard them and they sound bad *** IMO. I was going to go back to an offset/center magnaflow but I have heard them and though between the two, the packs were just as deep but a little more aggressive sounding volume wise so I told him to make em work. Lol

Setup will be kooks, no cats, x-pipe, magnapacks! Hoping it'll sound just the way I want it!
Old 10-03-2011, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a feeling you still won't be satisfied... o wait.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahahaha. I feel sorry for the girlfriends he's had. They prolly hate that
Old 10-03-2011, 05:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Haha! Yeah... They hate it. Lol but the exhaust sounds perfect! Much more tolerable! Very little drone and fairly mild when cruising around but still loud as hell when I stomp on it. Nothing but deep solid grunt now. None of that raspy blatty bullshit. Lol I think exhaust wise, I am now satisfied!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Post a sound clip. Let's hear it.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:26 PM
TECH Veteran

I'll see if I can get my lady friend to record a driveby and some revs for me when I get a chance. It sounds perfect IMO! Just hope my shitty iPhone mic can do it justice. Lol
Old 10-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Launching!

Theres a member from dallas w/ the Magnapacks. Heres his youtube clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luS_w..._order&list=UL

I had the 4" Magnapacks on my Tundra, they sound bad azz!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Sounds similar to that but a little louder and more aggressive. That car prob still has stock manifolds and cats.

And 4"? I thought the smallest magnapack they offered were the 14" ones?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Nevermind. I see what u mean. 4" diameter is what I have on my V. I see they offer 5" and 6" diameters. 14" length is the shortest option they offer which is also what I have. They offer longer 18" and 22" lengths but they are prob much quieter than what I have.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Update...

After driving it again, it's fairly tame while cruising... At least to me. Maybe it's because I was running nothing but kooks and an x-pipe for a month and used to the way that sounded since it was so raw and obnoxious but it's def much quieter with the magnapacks (in a good deep rumble kind of way). Idle and cruising (around 2000) rpms, it's fairly tame (inside the car anyway). From about 2600 rpms and up, it screams and sounds sick!! Just wish it made a little more noise at idle since I intend to do a cam soon. I guess I can always add electric cutouts later if the cam doesn't make it sound aggressive enough at idle for me. Overall I'm pleased. It's a much more classy (caddy-like) sound but still has that wild scream when u mash it. Before when I was running no cats and no mufflers, it was drone city while cruising and super raspy and blatty between 2800-3200rpms. Wish I could have the sound of no cats and no muffs at startup and idle with the sound of my new setup while driving but I suppose that's why they make electric cutouts. Lol

Quick Reply: Getting my exhaust done as we speak... Any magnapack guys out there??