Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

WTF Ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTF Ticket!

Went out for a drive towards no where special yesterday. Found a nice backroad that had no houses, just fields, and it ended in a col-de-sac. Did a few burnouts and such, nothing to write home about.

Started driving back down the road and sure enough, came around the first bend and there smokey, waiting for me by blocking the road.

Now I have a good amount of respect for what our law enforcement officers do each day, having been in the Marine Corps a few years ago. But this guy has to peel himself out of the car, and then proceeds to re-tuck in his shirt and adjust his belt. Looked like Chris Farley, but with a bit of a weight problem.

Officer: "What do you think your doing in a car like this?"
Me: "Just messing around on a few backroads!"
Officer: "did you seriously think you would get away with this. I can't believe you people. Step out of the car right now"
Me: ...opening my door, he steps back and puts his hand to his pistol...
Officer: "Show me your license, registration and insurance."
Me: ...climb back into the car to get it, turn around and...
Officer: ...has his cuffs out, handcuffs me, walks me to his car and puts me in the back seat. "You could have killed someone driving like that back there. I am arresting you for reckless driving and excessive noise"
Me: "...."
The officer runs my license and then proceeds to search my entire car, front, back, truck, engine bay.
After about 20 minutes or so, he comes back, sits in his car (with me still in the back) and **** you not, this is what he said: "Did you put that Corvette engine in your car? You know stuff like that is illegal?"
Me: "I don't understand what you mean by illegal sir. That engine came with the car from the factory"
Officer/Me: ...argue for 2-3 minutes about whether my CTSV came with the engine. But the whole time I am wondering what law he thinks I broke by having a v8 in a Cadillac.
Officer: "today is your lucky day son. I am not arresting you, but I am writing you a ticket for 'excessive noise' and 'breaking traction'. That car is too loud and should not be on the road"

He lets me out if the car and cuffs, gives me the ticket and allows me to drive away.

WTF?
Old 01-02-2013, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

fetal alcohol syndrome is a bitch
Old 01-02-2013, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DACTARI
fetal alcohol syndrome is a bitch
^
Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a dumb ***...
Old 01-02-2013, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'd probably just take my lumps and pay the tickets, but if he didn't actually see you do anything it might not stand up in court. You should talk to lawyer.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Inverted ***** and a badge, bad bad combo.

Got a ticket for "unreasonable acceleration" 1st week I had the car here and it was a similar story, 3 squad cars, dogs, etc.

Got pulled over for the same thing two weeks later in the same city and that cop was very cool and just told me to get a prius, but we were both military vets.... was a good idea to get the license plates.

I no longer exceed 2k rpm in that city.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

you should of told him its illegal to have a mustang gt engine in his crown victoria
Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

WTF! This is comical. What a ****** idiot!
Oh, btw, can u post a write-up of the corvette engine swap for us?
Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MN_V
I
but we were both military vets.... was a good idea to get the license plates.
My neighbor has military plates. He calls them ticket savers. It's been 20 years since a cop has tried to search my car. How old are you guys? They really have NO right to do that without probable cause. It doesn't seem like speeding or burnouts is probable cause.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First mistake was saying you were out messing around on backroads. Backroads or not it's still illegal so he tried to throw the book at you. Just sayin.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

The officer is always right in my book... no moving violations here and ive been pulled at 101 in a 65 before. I've been pulled over probably about 27 times since i got my license only ticket i ever received was a tint ticket... 50 bucks ill never get back ... If my valentine goes off i immediately pull over, they kinda like that after i explain my reasoning for pulling over before the lights turn on.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

Never pull over early....... thats like admitting you were doing something wrong haha. Never admit to anything unless they show you proof, I got pulled over for going 42 in a 40 the other day ( and yes she got an earfull from me). Half the cops out there are good guys, the other half are plain and simple shitbags on a power trip with a badge and a gun.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That's right. "I got on it a little bit, sorry" is as close to an admission you ever get. Pulling over early is not a good idea. They need a reason to pull you over legally. If you pull over, that's a whole layer of protection that's gone.

"The officer is always right" is a patronizing position and should only be applied as such. WTF?? Respect the badge but you don't have to kiss it.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always try to be as respectful as I can, but every man has his breaking point.

Example: I had a MD State Trooper pull me over in a damn parking lot b/c I was cutting the lanes, driving past stop lines, and "speeding excessively" as he put it. I have no idea where he was, but he was not in front of me or behind me so there was no way for him to gauge my speed through a parking lot. He wrote the ticket as "N/B Rt.1 By Giant Store" (word for word what the idiot wrote) and proceeded to give me this ticket to sign.

When I pointed out his error that contradicted fact (I was never on North Bound Rt.1), he caught an immediate attitude and began to get pretty ballsy about what he could do to make my day that much worse.

I politely showed him my badge, and asked him to inform his Sergeant or Captain that I would like to speak with them immediately. He came back with a warning and asked for the ticket back...to which I replied "I don't think so" and drove off. Guy was a total ***** until he realized who he was dealing with.

That said, I have been pulled over twice since then and was very polite and respectful and have been treated the same in return.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MN_V
Inverted ***** and a badge, bad bad combo.

Got a ticket for "unreasonable acceleration" 1st week I had the car here and it was a similar story, 3 squad cars, dogs, etc.

Got pulled over for the same thing two weeks later in the same city and that cop was very cool and just told me to get a prius, but we were both military vets.... was a good idea to get the license plates.

I no longer exceed 2k rpm in that city.
I'd get the Vet plates but the AZ ones are pretty lame, I just break out the Military ID with the License.

I've been pulled over 4 times in West Texas heading to AZ and back on I 10 (which isn't a fun drive), those guys come out of no where. Once I had one of them haul *** though the ditch across the highway and get me, definitely a caught me off guard...but like what DDM said, it's always YES SIR, NO SIR for me and I've always got away with warnings from them.

Two of my buddy's were hauling *** once on I 10 as a cop was trying to catch up...he ended up catching them when they were walking into McDonalds, asked who the owner of the vehicles were and gave them tickets. They went to court and fought it and just asked the cop if he could prove that they were the drivers of the vehicles...it got dismissed.

Last edited by thefullmonty_07; 01-02-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:50 AM
JDB
Launching!

Officer may have been a dick, but in TN, traffic violations like reckless driving are considered criminal offenses and you can be cuffed and stuffed. At that point, I believe he has the right to search since he has probable cause for the offense.

It really pisses me off that these types of cops exist. Same type who just pick out the fastest/loudest car out of line a traffic to cite....happen to me going downhill in a 25 zone that was 35 previously and was cited for 42 when I know the cars in front and back were all keeping pace with each other. Cops wet dream of a spot when you were already going 35-40, reach the top of hill and drift down it ...there's no reason to brake yet until several 100' beyond the place they setup the trap. Why would anyone double brake?? Lame. I gave him an obvious "ok" sign out of window since it took him awhile to catch up after others cars went by the trap spot and now there wasn't a safe place to pull over. I turned off the road to a side street well up from the intersection, signaled over, 4 ways on, all windows down, turned off car, key on the dash, hands in clear view on the wheel and door. Let him do the talking, polite. Gave him my info. Stated was he was citing me for. Asked for a break for some non point ticket. Came back with 42 in 25, 4 pt violation, noted in comments about car and how I continued to speed beyond the trap. Before I signed it, I asked him if he was full of **** about the comment about the car ....and just interupted his answer with "feel free to come back here with the same pathetic for cop speed trap tomorrow since this is my commute home and Ill be doing the same thing with the same car" handed him the signed ticket, which he gave me my copy and was about to say something and I just said..."see you tomorrow" started my car and drove off (signaling legally, of course). Never seen this trap there since and that was almost 3 years ago. Only ticket in my V, which was about 6 months after buying it. In Philly, cops have better things to do...now living in no place PA, cops are bored.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JDB
Officer may have been a dick, but in TN, traffic violations like reckless driving are considered criminal offenses and you can be cuffed and stuffed. At that point, I believe he has the right to search since he has probable cause for the offense.

It really pisses me off that these types of cops exist. Same type who just pick out the fastest/loudest car out of line a traffic to cite....happen to me going downhill in a 25 zone that was 35 previously and was cited for 42 when I know the cars in front and back were all keeping pace with each other. Cops wet dream of a spot when you were already going 35-40, reach the top of hill and drift down it ...there's no reason to brake yet until several 100' beyond the place they setup the trap. Why would anyone double brake?? Lame. I gave him an obvious "ok" sign out of window since it took him awhile to catch up after others cars went by the trap spot and now there wasn't a safe place to pull over. I turned off the road to a side street well up from the intersection, signaled over, 4 ways on, all windows down, turned off car, key on the dash, hands in clear view on the wheel and door. Let him do the talking, polite. Gave him my info. Stated was he was citing me for. Asked for a break for some non point ticket. Came back with 42 in 25, 4 pt violation, noted in comments about car and how I continued to speed beyond the trap. Before I signed it, I asked him if he was full of **** about the comment about the car ....and just interupted his answer with "feel free to come back here with the same pathetic for cop speed trap tomorrow since this is my commute home and Ill be doing the same thing with the same car" handed him the signed ticket, which he gave me my copy and was about to say something and I just said..."see you tomorrow" started my car and drove off (signaling legally, of course). Never seen this trap there since and that was almost 3 years ago. Only ticket in my V, which was about 6 months after buying it. In Philly, cops have better things to do...now living in no place PA, cops are bored.
I had a cop pull us over right before we crossed into AZ from UT. I was with 2 guys from work and we had 3 day weekend so we decided to go back home to AZ to see the family. We left straight from work to the road, no drinking, nothing, just trying to make time and we got pulled over for speeding. My buddy was driving the car the cop asked for the rental agreement, he couldn't find it so he had him go to his vehicle. The first thing he asked my friend was, "When was the last time you smoked weed?" This was after how we told him we all were Government Contractors in UT for Deployment Training. After that question he asked, "Have you all been drinking, because I smell alcohol in the vehicle." My friend told him we haven't been drinking and he could check the car if he wanted to...which he didn't. Then the last question came from him seeing my friend's tattoo's..."Do you have any gang tattoos?", and he reply "yes" then pulled up his sleeve over his shoulder and show him his stupid ACU digital US Flag he got in AIT when he was a Private in the Army. LOL it was pretty funny.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Cops are weird man. I've been hassled big-time for going 5 over the limit, fresh haircut, Sunday clothes, and literally (kid you not) a framed picture of my parents on the dashboard. Another time I was pulled over with a full-sleeves and neck-tatted, shaved-headed guy next to me, girl in a bikini in the back and another with pink hair, a snake in tank between them and nitrous canisters rolling around the floor, situation SCREAMED probable cause and it was "have a good day, sir".

Edit: That last situation was over a decade ago!

Last edited by DACTARI; 01-03-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 PM
FoD
On The Tree

And by over a decade ago, you mean last week, right?

I have only gotten a single ticket in my life. I speed daily, no radar/laser detectors. I can smell cops, and I use common sense when it comes to speeding. I don't go over 10 in city, 15 on highway (well...sometimes). I generally slow down when coming to intersections, and speed trap looking areas. The ticket I did receive was not for speeding. It was a bogus seatbelt violation. The cop literally skid into a U-turn at 50 MPH, screeching tires, jumped over a median, and chased me because, and I quote, "I thought I saw you not wearing a seatbelt." His first question was, "What did you do wrong?" I was polite, until I said he "thought I wasn't wearing a seatbelt." Thinking and having photographic/video evidence are two entirely different things. I took the ticket, went to court, and it was tossed out. The fact that this *** would endanger himself, and other travelers because of a "possible" seatbelt infraction is why our law enforcement agencies get such a bad stigma.

PS...I was not wearing my seatbelt.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would fight it,they didnt see ya they dont know,theres no proof,

Quick Reply: WTF Ticket!