Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Just bought an 04 cts-v and have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought an 04 cts-v and have some questions

Ok I have the LS6 motor it has a cold air intake and the guy before me removed the mufflers, it acctually sounds quite good. Im gonna go with some long tube headers no cats and straight pipes its a toy i want it loud no cams tho. but question is what kind of long tubes are good for the ls6 i always had pacesetter longtubes on my ls1 camaros but this is a different car...
Old 12-19-2014, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pacestters are good to go, good quality IMHO and can't beat the price. Some guys have fitment issues, some don't. I think that lies mostly in what motor mounts you have. Case in point, I did my headers. I had a clang when turning right and I could feel the steering be somewhat stiff. I thought it was the rack or power steering pump going out, turns out it was the shitty stock motor mounts that had ripped nearly in half causing the header to hit the steering shaft. after I put good mounts in, no problems at all. Before headers, I would suggest you square away the soft rubber bushings and the stock shifter. I'm partial to the modified Hurst shifter, and the creative steel bushings/mounts. I have the 95a mounts in mine, also have 95a urethane in the rear subframe and diff bushing as well and their trans mount. Things are a bit clunky now, but that's to be expected with how they built this drivetrain at the factory. I have very minimal wheel hop after those subframe bushings. Well worth the time and effort.

I went with stainless works headers. I think they fit very well, sound nice too get some aftermarket sleeves for the plug wires or you're going to melt them on the headers. I went with 1&3/4 primaries because I had heard that 1&7/8 primaries may or maynot clear the steering shaft. Either way, 1&3/4 aren't going to be a restriction at any of the power levels I am likely to achieve.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Headers and straight pipes? You simply HAVE TO post up a video of this!
Old 12-19-2014, 06:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 04CTSVLS6
Ok I have the LS6 motor it has a cold air intake and the guy before me removed the mufflers, it acctually sounds quite good. Im gonna go with some long tube headers no cats and straight pipes its a toy i want it loud no cams tho. but question is what kind of long tubes are good for the ls6 i always had pacesetter longtubes on my ls1 camaros but this is a different car...
I bought the OBX stainless and they fit fine. Tiny bit of rub on steering shaft but that was easily fixed. Otherwise, I am running the obx through hi flow cats and straight pipe... was my daily driver for a while that way too. You get used to it being loud and it really messes with peoples OODALOOPs. I have got a ton of compliments on how the car sounds. Every time I stop for gas, red lights, a few people have followed me home and asked to see the car. You cant go wrong.

PS get at xpipe
Old 12-19-2014, 11:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

I had the pacesetter 1 3/4 on mine no cats factory catback super quite. With straight pipes I think it will sound like **** and will be stupid loud. Still would like to hear a what they sound like maybe a vid? Also the pacesetter fit great also make sure you buy the connection pipes if you do the cat deletes.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The motor mount issue is one worth dealing with now so what ryridesmotoxis spot on with that.

It has been shown that the Umi mounts drop the motor a half inch over stock (it did on my case) so not sure if that means clearance issues with long tubes or not. Just be aware of it.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:20 PM
Launching!

From my experience in other vehicles pacesetters are crap and rust out. OBX is at least stainless. I have them OBX headers on both my vehicles and no complaints.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:05 PM
Teching In

whatever u do dont forget a new water pump atleast thats what i see goes bad on these prematurely for some reason
Old 01-27-2015, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

I have pacesetter on mine. just go with the coated! I bought them use and they were on the guys car for 6 months and when I bought them there was no rust on them. its when you get into the painted one that rust out.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:53 PM
JDB
Launching!

Kooks unless you want to replace your headers

Quick Reply: Just bought an 04 cts-v and have some questions