Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Bill C568, speed limiters on cars.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bill C568, speed limiters on cars.

Damn
http://www2.parl.gc.ca/HousePublicat...Mode=1&File=24
Old 09-04-2008, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Thats rediculous.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

trust me.....it won't work. even if they DO pass it people will just tune it out.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(5) This section applies to vehicles manufactured on or after January 1, 2010 that are not fire-fighting vehicles, ambulances, police vehicles or other vehicles that are used for the purpose of emergency or vehicles that belong to a class of vehicles that is exempted from the application of this section by regulation.

Doesn't apply to us....camaros are safe lol

Besides, how would your mechanic and what not be able to tell if it is enabled or not? Only thing I can see is if they catch you going over 150.

I'll never have that crap on my car anyways, I'll tune it out or find some other means of deleting it. I take my dd to the track and I'll be damned if some speed limiter is gunna slow me down...
Old 09-04-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

We already have laws against guns, but let's make a NEW law that says that the only guns that are allowed, are ones that can't kill in the first place. Then even when you want to break the law that says you can't shoot to kill, you can't shoot to kill anyways .

Society is going to hell in a hand-basket. Get me out of here .

Mandatory 150km/h speed limiters on cars .
Old 09-05-2008, 12:03 PM
TECH Regular

Just think...this is the kind of crap our lovely tax dollars goes towards

You would think that these people who come up with this **** might actually try and do something useful for a change....
Old 09-05-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well what a great country. Just love how they pass whatever law they want no public vote nothing.They could at least pick 100mph but of course with metric and km 150sounds scary fast to most people. They are not saying what the fines will be but sure they will be substantial. They already have huge fines in ontario for 150km hour on the highway and think 100km /hr in the city.

Main problem is really powerful cars can usually hit 170km hour really quickly and always believed it is important to be able to pass as fast as you need too. This could cause accidents if bad drivers with powerful cars misjudge how long they have to pass and then hit the limiter in the middle of their passing manuever. I guess until they make it backward mandatory on the older cars it may not the end of the world. Basically you could delete it for the track and put it back in for the street. Or will they have spot checks to scan our cars now. Whats next gps issued speeding tickets..big brother is here!

The good old days....man I miss them. Sooner or later us speed freeks are doomed you know and virtual racing will be our only outlet. Good news is virtual racing or video game racing is getting better and better and sooner or later we will have skycars that go way faster than 150km hour with no problems with police anymore. They will have anticollison and all that fancy computer stuff.

And realistically how often do we go past 150km hour on public roads and should be be doing that..You also have places like Montana that had no speed limit for awhile and think there was no increase in accidents because of it. They went back to speed limits but most US roads are 75mph and most people go 80mph on them. Get ticketed at around 85mph.So not as much need to speed with more reasonable basic road speeds.
Also usually a bit higher in town than our speed limits but school zones are same or stricter. No arguement on school zones.

Course next they will outlaw cars over 400 rwhp or something or make all mods illegal.
Sooner or later I have to leave this retarded "free" country!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:15 AM
TECH Regular

I remember talk about making modded cars illegal for the streets...laws like this honestly bring no good, just a waste of time and money made by people who can't/shouldn't be driving to begin with. If you wanna make a difference then ****, atleast go all the way and make the limiters mandatory for a maximum of 100km/h....That's the fastest speed limit in this country, its illegal to go faster, so why have cars that can go faster? Except something like 100km/h won't fly with people and they know it stands no chance... People think 150 and they think "street racing" automatically, so it's more likely to pass if voted on.

Honestly, most accidents that happen on our highways are not because of speed. Speed does not kill stupid drivers, and people that don't know how to drive do.

kinda off topic but, I went on a rant on cv6 about a month ago about how people drive slow in the left lane. What part of the left lane of the highway is used for passing don't people understand? Is it that difficult? Is there a language barrier? Like honeslty wtf?

I don't drive fast on the highway, usually cruise at 110-112km/h, when I go into the left lane it is to pass another car, not to sit behind some jackass doing 100km/h that won't get out of the way regardless of how many times you high beam him.
Then next day I open the Toronto Star to read about people complaining how young drivers can't drive, they pass on the right, they weave in and outta traffic, yadda yadda yadda...I hate passing on the right, wish people would learn how to drive...

MAYBE, we should take the money that is being stupidly invested in **** like this, and apply it to something useful like better "learn how to drive programs"

Honestly, someone please explain to me how the autobahn can have less accidents a year then any of our major highways? avg speed limit irrc is something like 180km/h over there....
Old 09-07-2008, 01:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought that in Montana they got rid of the unlimited because accidents were up 300% I went through there the last year they had that and the ammount of road kill was enormous. Too bad I only had a chevette that barely did 100. And I still got a ticket at about 3 in the morning heading back to couts.