Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

got a question on a product i found need some feed back please

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a question on a product i found need some feed back please

ok so i found this website that has this package to offer and i need to know how well it works if at all if the price is worth it and most of all can my trans and rear end hold up in my 01 z28 i have if you need more info please get in contact and we can chat id really like some feed back info about the product is below

01-02 LS1 400 HP Performance Pack, w/ 3.5" Slash Tips

Price: $3,304.48

SLP-28039
Details:
Get 400 horsepower.with bolt-on parts!

Take the guesswork out of upgrading your LS1 F-Body, with the PerformancePac? from SLP Performance Parts. Each Stage 3 package comprises a group of jointly engineered induction and exhaust components, all of which work together to significantly improve performance without adversely affecting drivability. Best of all, you'll save $100 over the cost of purchasing the parts individually!

This Stage 3 PerformancePac? contains the following items:
High-Flow Air-Box Lid (SLP-21045)
Cold-Air Induction Package (SLP-21033)
High-Flow K&N Air Filter (SLP-25012B)
F-Body Smooth Bellows (SLP-23065)
Modular Loud Mouth? Exhaust System w/3.5" Slash Tips (SLP-31042A)
85mm High-Flow MAF Sensor (SLP-23060)
DiabloSport II Programmer with SLP Custom Tuning (SLP-27007T)
1.85-Ratio Rocker Arms (SLP-50185)
Tuned-Length Long-Tube Headers with Aluminum-Ceramic Coating (SLP-30053)
Header-Installation Kit (SLP-30054)
High-Flow Catalytic Converters (SLP-31037)
Stage 3 Fender Badges (pair)

NOTE: Contents may vary slightly from photograph.

Manufacturer: SLP Performance Parts

Fitment: 01-02 LS1 Camaro
01-02 LS1 Firebird
Old 02-15-2009, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No run away from that package half the crap in it is a waste of money.. For that price you could get some longtubes and probally a cam installed.. And make 400 hp.. That package that they sell is not going to give you the claimed 400hp..
Old 02-16-2009, 08:53 PM

thnx for the reply i noticed that i was reading on someone elses board about it now he had a ws6 trans am i got a 01 z28 how far can i push it before i blow out my automatic trans and my rear end and what can i do to reinforce my rear end and im checking on some other produce but suggestions are more then welcome here on where to go for parts and names and prices for this stuff so i can price it all out and go from there thnx for the help yet again
Old 02-17-2009, 02:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Your trans should be fine with some bolts ons. Your rear end can be broken with stock if you go to the track and put it on some sticky tires. Since you have an auto it is a little easier on the rear than a m6. With some headers and even a cam as long as your not on drag radials or slicks and beating the crap out of the car at every light you should be fine...
Old 02-17-2009, 05:31 AM

ok well thats good to know now i just gotta find a good exhaust system thats not too expensive and gives me a nice sound and some decent performance nad yea ill get some pics up here in a couple of months when i get it all done and the snow and salt is all gone from the area
Old 02-17-2009, 06:54 AM
On The Tree

if you gunna spend 3 grand on something go heads and cam heres the package i was going to do before i ended up having to sell my ls1 i know a few people that have trickflow heads and they all say they kick ******* *** and make good power but with this package you are going to have to find some longtubes and someone to tune it and you will probably want to beef up your rear end. tranny on the other hand if its an a4 you might need to do somethings but i dont really know anything about the a4s honestly they might hold up just fine, but if its a t-56 all you'll need is a good clutch.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku

they claim 515 you'll probably see 475 depending on bolt-ons and elevation. they probably tested with a fast 90/90 and full bolt ons
Old 02-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

trick flow makes a cam/heads package for the ls1 for a little less than that. you will have to have a good to for it, but its supposed to put you in the 515hp range. personally, i wouldn't do the one you mentioned.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

i was feeling kinda lazy and didn't take time to read the post right before me that says the exact same thing. lmfao. my bad. atleast you get to hear it from two sources.

Quick Reply: got a question on a product i found need some feed back please