Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

***BLS 98-02 Camaro Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit Spring 2016 GP***

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 12:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ***BLS 98-02 Camaro Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit Spring 2016 GP***

Spring is here so it's time to kick off a new group purchase. Our headlights are retrofitted with the latest and greatest mini H1 bi-xenon projector (7.0). Like all bi-xenon projectors, you benefit from both low beam and high beam HID performance all in one module.

This Group Purchase will be available through Saturday, May 21st! Invoice payments must be received before 5PM EST Saturday to qualify for discounted pricing.

If you don't want to tackle a retrofit by yourself, we have you covered. Have any questions regarding HIDs in general and want info? We can help. Customers have the choice to purchase just the housings or add options to their purchase for a complete kit.

Similar to previous GP's, we are offering these again with your choice of TYC chrome or DEPO whistler style housings. The TYC all chrome housings are high quality replacements for your tired/faded headlights. The DEPO whistler, black bezel housings are more cost effective and offer a bit more sinister look versus the all chrome units. With either selection, you will receive brand new headlights retrofitted with high quality bi-xenon projectors.

Below are comparison shots between the various headlight options we offer.

Standard DEPO with black bezel
Name:  BLSDEPOBlackBezelRetro98-02Camaro_zps85d0197e.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  24.1 KB

DEPO with Full "Blackout" Option - All chrome surfaces painted black (headlights, shrouds, etc)
Name:  BLSDEPOBlackoutRetro98-02Camaro_zps7d5d0ccf.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  21.1 KB

TYC All Chrome
Name:  BLSTYCRetro98-02Camaro_zpsd1feef08.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  24.7 KB

Daylight Pictures - Completely "Blacked-Out" Version Shown

Name:  IMG_0229_zpsa2e962f2.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  43.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0247_zpsaa79a5df.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  40.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0236_zps47ff9ddf.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  50.4 KB
Name:  IMG_0244_zps526a8beb.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  43.7 KB
Name:  IMG_6444.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  30.6 KB
Name:  IMG_6461.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  27.4 KB
Name:  IMG_6457.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  45.3 KB

All Chrome Housing
Name:  zbugger_zpsa0a6e30c.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  23.6 KB
Name:  4X4W9003CR2.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  30.6 KB
Name:  088tw.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  25.6 KB
Name:  086fm.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  22.5 KB

Other Customer Pictures
Name:  TXRed_zpsbb1e5d7d.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  36.6 KB
Name:  LS666BEAST3_zps3cbce4ad.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  20.5 KB
Name:  LS666BEAST_zpsf0f4e4f2.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  35.1 KB

NEW MH1 7.0 Output Shots Courtesy of TRS

Low Beam

High Beam

Night time Pictures - 5000K HID Lamps/35W Ballasts/MH1 Bi-Xenon Projector - MH1 5.0 Output Shown for reference (NOT THE NEW 7.0)

Name:  IMG_0360.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  12.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0370-1.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  23.6 KB
Name:  IMG_0367.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  18.2 KB
Name:  IMG_0366.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  18.2 KB
Name:  IMG_0376.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  21.4 KB
Name:  055f846b303396bc4f43dc8b80d7a32f.gif
Views: 764
Size:  83.8 KB

Pricing and Options: You can purchase just the housings or a complete kit

Housing Choices
  • DEPO "Whistlered" / Black Bezel Housings Only - $385 shipped within Continental US
  • TYC All Chrome Housings Only - $485 shipped within Continental US

Both housing options include:
  • MH1 7.0 Bi-Xenon Projectors Installed
  • Chrome Gatling Gun Shrouds
  • Housings Retrofitted & Resealed

Options

• Morimoto 35W HID Kit - 9005/9006 Relay Harness, ballasts, standard high beam splitters, lamps (choice of 4500k, 5500k or 6500k) - $150
  • Complete "Blacked-Out" Option (Shrouds/Housing Reflectors) Painted - $75
  • Low/High Beam Mod Wiring - $30 (This can be a free mod per the Lighting FAQ)

Please note the following:

- Projectors will be secured but allow for minor adjustment once installed in the vehicle.
- To ensure the bi-xenon function works properly, customers must choose to either perform the free low/high mod as listed in the Lighting FAQ or purchase the optional wiring kit.
- Customers purchasing only the retrofitted housings will not receive any HID equipment (lamps, ballasts, relay harness, etc).

The group purchase will run until Saturday, May 21st or until we have 10 orders. INVOICE PAYMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5PM EST. If you are interested in purchasing, please send a PM or email to blackbirdlightingsolutions.com with the title "I WANT THE BLS KIT" and include your kit choice (with options as applicable) along with an email address. An invoice will be sent via PayPal for payment request. Once the group buy concludes, the housings will be retro'd and shipped within 3-4 weeks pending shipment of components from supplier.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Are there still openings for this?
Old 05-12-2016, 11:22 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by adray96
Are there still openings for this?
As of today, we are still taking orders. Feel free to send us a PM or email with your order request and email address for invoicing.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Cool, thank you. I just have another question. Why exactly does the low/high beam mod need to be done for the bi-xenon to work?
Old 05-13-2016, 10:18 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by adray96
Cool, thank you. I just have another question. Why exactly does the low/high beam mod need to be done for the bi-xenon to work?
The low/high beam mod allows the low beam circuit to stay on when you command high beam operation. OEM is either the low or high beam lamp is lit, but not both at the same time.

Without the low/high beam mod, the HIDs within the projector would turn off when you command the high beams. The shield within the projector would move but since no light is generated, it doesn't matter.

The free mod is relatively easy if you are comfortable connecting a couple wires under the dash. Our plug and play connector set is also effective but adds more components to the overall setup.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

While waiting for the next GP to come along, I have a couple questions:

Are BLS kits DOT-legal in any way shape or form?
Are the "blackout" options tinting the lenses in any way (which is illegal in many states)?

Wondering if I'll pass a NH state inspection with these. I know how to hide a ballast well, but one look into the housings tell you it's not a stock headlight.

EDIT: Probably should have just sent a PM. Gonna do that.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:01 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by szalkerous
While waiting for the next GP to come along, I have a couple questions:

Are BLS kits DOT-legal in any way shape or form?
Are the "blackout" options tinting the lenses in any way (which is illegal in many states)?

Wondering if I'll pass a NH state inspection with these. I know how to hide a ballast well, but one look into the housings tell you it's not a stock headlight.

EDIT: Probably should have just sent a PM. Gonna do that.
We received the PM, email and will respond here in case others have similar questions.

- The BLS kits are not DOT legal. Installing HIDs into any vehicle not originally equipped in kind or retrofitting existing housings would not be DOT legal. To obtain the DOT stamp, there is a whole host of expensive testing and requirements that must be met. With that said, we have not had a customer report an issue with law enforcement using our lighting systems and some have even passed rigorous inspections.

Similar to other performance enhancing parts (exhaust systems, camshafts, etc etc), the customer should understand the risks when modifying their vehicle.

- The blackout option does not touch the front clear lense. All of the cosmetic paint work is done on the back half of the housing. The only performance degradation for this mod is the halogen high beam however using the bi-xenon function of the projector fully compensates (and then some) for any lost performance.

Since we provide new housings, some customers concerned with passing inspection have swapped in their original housings and converted back with relative ease. If you have any other questions, let us know.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
We received the PM, email and will respond here in case others have similar questions.

- The BLS kits are not DOT legal. Installing HIDs into any vehicle not originally equipped in kind or retrofitting existing housings would not be DOT legal. To obtain the DOT stamp, there is a whole host of expensive testing and requirements that must be met. With that said, we have not had a customer report an issue with law enforcement using our lighting systems and some have even passed rigorous inspections.

Similar to other performance enhancing parts (exhaust systems, camshafts, etc etc), the customer should understand the risks when modifying their vehicle.

- The blackout option does not touch the front clear lense. All of the cosmetic paint work is done on the back half of the housing. The only performance degradation for this mod is the halogen high beam however using the bi-xenon function of the projector fully compensates (and then some) for any lost performance.

Since we provide new housings, some customers concerned with passing inspection have swapped in their original housings and converted back with relative ease. If you have any other questions, let us know.
Thanks for the answers. I'd assumed the DOT legality standpoint and as you may have guessed, I was thinking about doing the swap back to my factory lights for inspections and how I may be able to do that without having too much pain. My thought was to swap the factory bulbs back into the BLS housings for inspection if at all possible. Since I don't know how the kit is installed (I'd love to see the install instructions!) and how "plug and play" it can be, it was hard to assume. Not having any tint applied to the front lens certainly helps matters a lot.

I'm currently knee deep in doing a cam swap and tying up other loose ends on my car, so I wouldn't be putting any finishing touches like this kit on for a while, but I'm certainly going to keep an eye out for a GP offering in the future and get in on that when it comes around.

One final question: Is there any warranty that comes with the kit (mostly thinking housings and any wiring options, HID kits have their own warranty I'd assume)?
Old 08-12-2016, 02:47 PM

awesome deal! can you guys get some actual output shots with the 7.0's installed? thanks! also are you offering any D2s style projector swaps? I had modded rx330's in my audi and absolutely loved them.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:11 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the answers. I'd assumed the DOT legality standpoint and as you may have guessed, I was thinking about doing the swap back to my factory lights for inspections and how I may be able to do that without having too much pain. My thought was to swap the factory bulbs back into the BLS housings for inspection if at all possible. Since I don't know how the kit is installed (I'd love to see the install instructions!) and how "plug and play" it can be, it was hard to assume. Not having any tint applied to the front lens certainly helps matters a lot.

I'm currently knee deep in doing a cam swap and tying up other loose ends on my car, so I wouldn't be putting any finishing touches like this kit on for a while, but I'm certainly going to keep an eye out for a GP offering in the future and get in on that when it comes around.

One final question: Is there any warranty that comes with the kit (mostly thinking housings and any wiring options, HID kits have their own warranty I'd assume)?
We will likely be running another GP towards the end of summer or sooner so keep an eye out. As for the install, if you send me a PM with your email, I can forward the install instructions. The housings install just like any other Camaro housing. The HID kit is no different than others you can purchase with respect to the install. The factory connectors plug into the supplied HID relay harness, harness connects to each ballast and ballast to the bulbs. The only real unique setup we offer is the low-high beam wiring connector set which allows the lows to stay on when you command the high beams. This allows you to utilize the high beam mode of the bi-xenon projector.

To swap to the stock housings, you would disconnect the factory connectors from the relay harness, swap the housings and plug everything back in like factory. The relay harness and ballasts could remain in place.

As for warranty, the 5 year warranty on the HID components (projectors, ballasts, bulbs, wiring) are provided through our supplier. The work we do is covered by a 2 year warranty for workmanship.

Originally Posted by kayne
awesome deal! can you guys get some actual output shots with the 7.0's installed? thanks! also are you offering any D2s style projector swaps? I had modded rx330's in my audi and absolutely loved them.
We are waiting for a few customers to share their output shots and will surely include them (with permission) in the next GP. The output of the 7.0 projector is excellent for it's size. The build quality of the module is also much better (more robust). We can and have done D2S based projector retrofits but prefer to have the vehicle on-site to make sure we get the alignment spot on. As you can imagine, the cost for this kind of retrofit would be significantly more than our H1 based setup.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
We will likely be running another GP towards the end of summer or sooner so keep an eye out. As for the install, if you send me a PM with your email, I can forward the install instructions. The housings install just like any other Camaro housing. The HID kit is no different than others you can purchase with respect to the install. The factory connectors plug into the supplied HID relay harness, harness connects to each ballast and ballast to the bulbs. The only real unique setup we offer is the low-high beam wiring connector set which allows the lows to stay on when you command the high beams. This allows you to utilize the high beam mode of the bi-xenon projector.

To swap to the stock housings, you would disconnect the factory connectors from the relay harness, swap the housings and plug everything back in like factory. The relay harness and ballasts could remain in place.

As for warranty, the 5 year warranty on the HID components (projectors, ballasts, bulbs, wiring) are provided through our supplier. The work we do is covered by a 2 year warranty for workmanship.
You've sold me. I'll be watching for that GP. Will probably take the DEPO with blackout and 5500k HID kit, and added wiring hardness option for bi-lamp.

I know you offered in the past a 35W and 50W HID kit, is there a major difference here?
Old 08-15-2016, 01:47 PM
FormerVendor

You've sold me. I'll be watching for that GP. Will probably take the DEPO with blackout and 5500k HID kit, and added wiring hardness option for bi-lamp.

I know you offered in the past a 35W and 50W HID kit, is there a major difference here?
Great!

35W is what we normally recommend but folks can go with the 50W for more output. The output will be significantly more intense but more heat is generated from the system. The 7.0 projectors are rated for 50W systems but the warranty is only 3 years (entire HID kit) vs 5 with the 35W system.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When do you expect to have the next GP? I'm looking to buy a set of headlights for my 2001 camaro. And also which housing has the closest fitment to stock in relation to the front bumper cutout, my girlfriends car has the depo lights and the fitment is horrendous.

Thank you,
Steven
Old 10-01-2016, 02:44 AM
Staging Lane

Interested as well
Old 10-06-2016, 10:18 AM
Teching In

I would be interested as well.

Quick Reply: ***BLS 98-02 Camaro Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit Spring 2016 GP***