Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

UPDATE - Magnusson Supercharger kit - MTI Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE - Magnusson Supercharger kit - MTI Racing

(Reposted with more content and FAQ.)

MTI Racing in Marietta, GA develops Magnusson Supercharger System For 1998-2002 GM F-Body (With LS V8 Engines)

We appreciate your questions, and apologize that we are not on this thread as fast as the questions are coming in. Our business has been swamped. As you can see from our website, we engineer and install a great number of high-tech products. We invite you to phone us at (770) 919-7774 if you have questions regarding your application.

The design of our Maggie kit for F-body has worked so well on the stock engine, that we are receiving a larger response and are looking forward to see what lies ahead after several builds on modified engines.

We have made an F.A.Q. page for you on our website and building upon the page as questions arise.

MTI Racing website HERE:
Here’s the details:

We have developed a Supercharger System for LS-based F-body. Our 2001 Camaro SS 6 Speed with stock engine was baseline dyno’d at 306 Hp to the tires & 331 Torque. We designed a special Supercharger Kit and it transformed her into a beast!

Our kit uses the Eaton/Magnusson 112 Supercharger at 8 lbs. of boost and fits under the SS Camaro hood and the Firebird Ram Air Hood. A 1/4" drop kit of the K-member and cowl notch kit are included.

The Camaro now stands tall at 464 Hp / 475 Tq to the tires. Stock exhaust, stock cats, stock air filter, no internal engine modifications. 450 torque starts at 2500rpms and peaks at 475. (No headers. Stock engine. Stock air cleaner.) If you have mods already done to your car, results may be higher.

The first 10 (ten) kits will be for in-house installations only. During this process, we will be refining the installation instructions and pictures, as well as sampling different engine build combinations to share results from. This would not only improve the kit, but also make it better for those who want to install it themselves.

MTI Racing F- Body Supercharger System Special Introductory price is $5995 + $2000 for Installations, computer optimizing and Dyno tuning.

Once again, I appreciate your patience, and we genuinely welcome your phone call during business hours so we can answer your questions directly. Please visit the link at the bottom of the post for more information.

Thank you,
Old 07-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Banned

So the price does not include the throttle body ? I thought every thing except the blower was STOCK . What size are the injectors ? How much was gas mileage affected ? What kind of warranty is included ? Is it available polished or chrome plated ? Is this the newest blower available & is it the same one Audi will be using ? How quiet is the unit ? Eight grand is a lot of money so quite naturally we have a lot of questions , right ?
Old 07-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Banned

Thanks for the timely response .
Old 07-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER
What were the answers?
Old 07-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by tpduke112
What were the answers?
None were given , period . There service & accountability is sub-par .
Old 07-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Banned

Thank you for your questions.

So the price does not include the throttle body ? I thought every thing except the blower was STOCK . What size are the injectors ? How much was gas mileage affected ? What kind of warranty is included ? Is it available polished or chrome plated ? Is this the newest blower available & is it the same one Audi will be using ? How quiet is the unit ? Eight grand is a lot of money so quite naturally we have a lot of questions , right ?
Z Roadster: Per our FAQ page, the Magnusson system does not include a throttle. In fact, most Magnusson kits do not include the throttle body.
The injectors come with the kit at 42lbs. Polished units are available for $1000 more than silver. The Magnusson is quiet at idle, whines when you crack it open.
Regarding Audi, please contact Audi North America for Audi's specs.

I noticed that your original post was done after business hours, with a follow-up chastisement 4 hours later, closer to midnight. I appreciate your timely response as well. According to your post, Eight grand is a lot of money so quite naturally we have a lot of questions , right ? Eight grand IS alot of money, If my wife were making a large purchase, I would insist to speak to a live person. We are available for you during the day by phone at (770) 919-7774.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Resident

None were given , period . There service & accountability is sub-par .
Originally Posted by Stephen@MTI Racing
I noticed that your original post was done after business hours, with a follow-up chastisement 4 hours later, closer to midnight. I appreciate your timely response as well.
...what a moron...

The kit looks like a clean install from the few pictures. Can't wait to see some track times especially on otherwise stock motors.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah because a company has all the time in the world to sit on a message board to wait for your question....

Douche...

Anyway, nice product, looks promising.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Launching!

I have been patiently waiting for you to release this... FOR YEARS!!!!
The beauty I see here (other than the obvious power increase) is the sanitary install...

Congrats on marketing an awesome S/C!!

As funds are available I WILL have one!

No chance gettin' it under a stock Camaro hood???
Old 07-23-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I believe thier web site says it fits under both hoods, but you need to notch the cowl. I'd like to know if this kit is easier to install than a Procharger.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
I believe thier web site says it fits under both hoods, but you need to notch the cowl. I'd like to know if this kit is easier to install than a Procharger.
No it does'nt, it says SS/WS6 hoods, BTW I have the LMS kit and although the snout looks better on the MTI kit it does not come w/ a T/body like the LMS kit does.

The Lms kit w/ their 3/4 Kmember spacers should allow for a stock hood.
Both companys offer a great kit. If you want to install it yourself then the lms kit is a better option. The MTI kit is a little more expensive but is a cleaner look due to their Tbody setup. Some of the other differences are that w/ The LMS kit you get a great Mail order tune. W/ the MTI their price (if you opt to have them install it for you) includes a Full dyno tune.

LMS = 6495.00 includes a mail order tune and every thing you need to install inc tbody,inj,magnavolt etc.
MTI = 5995.00 no T/body, no Tune everything else is inc.

So for the money the LMS kit is cheaper. But the T/body setup is cleaner looking on the MTI. so if its all about the money then the LMS kit is a better deal.

Doug
Old 07-25-2008, 07:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd opt for the MTI. But I'll always pay a little extra for something that looks that much cleaner. Plus, a good dyno tune is always better than a mail order.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:59 AM
Launching!

LMS does intalls and can dyno tune as well with Ed's in-house dyno. LMS kit comes with a start-up "safe" tune and you can work back and forth with them to get it better dialed in or get it to a tuner, or take you car to LMS for them to tune it. Just adding some food for thought.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by farmdawg
LMS does intalls and can dyno tune as well with Ed's in-house dyno. LMS kit comes with a start-up "safe" tune and you can work back and forth with them to get it better dialed in or get it to a tuner, or take you car to LMS for them to tune it. Just adding some food for thought.
You are correct farmdog, I should have mentioned that ed does dyno tuning as well...I was just stating that if you were looking for price then eds kit was a better deal.

Doug
Old 07-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98catfish
No it does'nt, it says SS/WS6 hoods, BTW I have the LMS kit and although the snout looks better on the MTI kit it does not come w/ a T/body like the LMS kit does.

The Lms kit w/ their 3/4 Kmember spacers should allow for a stock hood.
Both companys offer a great kit. If you want to install it yourself then the lms kit is a better option. The MTI kit is a little more expensive but is a cleaner look due to their Tbody setup. Some of the other differences are that w/ The LMS kit you get a great Mail order tune. W/ the MTI their price (if you opt to have them install it for you) includes a Full dyno tune.

LMS = 6495.00 includes a mail order tune and every thing you need to install inc tbody,inj,magnavolt etc.
MTI = 5995.00 no T/body, no Tune everything else is inc.

Doug
POST CORRECTION:
I appreciate you doing comparative analysis of two different systems. Our MTI Racing Magnusson system IS VERY different from an engineering standard. The quality is impressive. (please read below)

Regarding K-member:
We get a lot of calls asking if the spacer of worthy of autocrossing/roadracing. We chose to engineer a more stable platform for the K-member by designing a 1/4" custom billet pad that spreads the load wide to integrate frame and K-member for full strength. It was engineered for a purpose, not just to space. We also found this to maintain best geometric alignment.

Regarding pricing:
Our MTI Racing system is based on a 90mm throttle body setup. Our research showed that most owners have already upgraded to a 90mm setup. Hence, the throttle body is sold separately for $399 on our website.

Those who have the system installed here at MTI Racing get the full dyno tune, and mail-order kits include a mail-order tune. (you mail us the computer, we program it and send it back to you). INCLUDED IN THE PRICE.

Doug, you have confirmed that the high-quality of our system speaks for itself.

So, to correct your post...
Other kit = 6495.00 includes a mail order tune and every thing you need to install inc tbody,inj,magnavolt etc.
MTI Racing = 5995.00 INCLUDES Tune & everything else including magnavolt, injectors, etc....(add 399 if you still need a 92mm T/body)

In your comparative analysis, the MTI Racing system is higher quality, and costs less.

Last edited by Stephen@MTI Racing; 07-29-2008 at 08:37 AM. Reason: T/body
Old 07-28-2008, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

I apologize Stephen my intention was not to steer people away from your kit, Only to inform members of the differences.

So to be clear your kit does come w/ a 90mm T/body?

Doug
Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stephen@MTI Racing
MTI Racing = 5995.00 includes FAST T/body, INCLUDES Tune & everything else including magnavolt, injectors, etc....(add 399 if you still need a 92mm T/body)
5,995.00 includes a tune? Which type of tune (mail order or dyno)? Also, this 5,995 includes a 90mm throttle body?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Staging Lane

Hi, amazing looking system just wondering If you are past the first ten installed in shop and had any details about the install for the do it your selfers?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98catfish
I apologize Stephen my intention was not to steer people away from your kit, Only to inform members of the differences.

So to be clear your kit does come w/ a 90mm T/body?

Doug
Originally Posted by tpduke112
5,995.00 includes a tune? Which type of tune (mail order or dyno)? Also, this 5,995 includes a 90mm throttle body?

Thanks in advance.
CLARITY for the post above...
The throttle body is sold separately for 399.
If you have a 90mm already, the price is $5995.
If you still need a 90mm, then your price would be (5995+399=6394).

$5995 DOES include the tune. The in-house dyno tune will be most exact, mail-order tune will be extremely close.

Thank you,
Old 07-30-2008, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Is it possible to make more boost with that supercharger from mti? maybe a blower cam to to help the motor handle it, if it was needed... I ask because i have 120k on my motor and its stock.

Quick Reply: UPDATE - Magnusson Supercharger kit - MTI Racing