Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FPR w/quick disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 12:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FPR w/quick disconnect

I understand the Vette FPR has a quick-disconnect fitting on it - how do these fittings work? - I guess they are secure given they run on them on production cars. Anyone have a close-up pic of one? And what does the end look like that goes into this fitting?

Since it doesn't look like there is enough material on the fitting to cut it off and use an AN fitting as an alternative couldn't one tee off downstream of any regulator and accomplish the same thing as the Vette FPR and eliminate the qd fitting?
Old 11-23-2008, 01:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

They work by clipping on to the part that is like a lip.

Which side are you trying to make work? I had a custom Line made with Male Ends to connect to the Female Fitting on the Filter/Regulator..then I used the stock LT1 Connects to go into the other side of it.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Launching!

I'm trying to understand how these fittings work before buying one I guess. I'm just concerned about a high pressure fitting that is not threaded and positive. Are all three fittings the same (qd) - just that the inlet side is female?
I thought about using compression to AN fittings for the discharge and return lines and I think a conversion is made for the inlet side - does someone make a conversion from the qd to AN for all three lines because I am not going to run rubber hose - that way if/when the filter/reg goes bad it would be much easier to replace.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Launching!

Is this what I'm looking for for the male side of the fpr?
Old 11-23-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For the two ports (male) for the Inlet and Return, yes you can use these types of QD's.. I use the Russell ones. 1 = 3/8" (Feed) and 1 = 5/16" (Return).

As far as the outlet side (to the fuel Rail/engine), many have just used a old peice of tubing that has the correct barb on it and then either used a compression fitting or flared it and used AN Adapters. If you can not find a peice, you can use the Domain (part number is in the FAQ, Stu Cool posted the part number) part that is about 12" long with a barb on both end.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Launching!

Yes that is the Russell fitting - so do these fittings just push together and seal somehow - how do they release?
Old 11-23-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To release then, go to the nears parts store and pickup a setup GM Fuel and Trans line release tools.

The tool is used to insert around in into the fitting on the opening side and then pushed in to release the tabs which allows the tube to be pulled out of the fitting. It is not hard to use.

Quick Reply: FPR w/quick disconnect