Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSX Mustang Sticky?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LSX Mustang Sticky?

It appears that doing an LSX swap into 85-93 mustangs is becoming very popular lately. Using the search function is fine, but a lot of the information is choppy or the OP doesn't finish their entire thread.

Would anyone like contribute some information so we can make a well-structured sticky? We can break it down into sections so it reads like a manual. For instance:

Engine Support
  • Modifying stock K-member
  • Aftermarket K-members
  • Engine plates

Wiring
  • Modifying stock engine harness
  • Aftermarket engine harnesses
  • Combining stock Mustang harness with LSX harness
  • Relays
  • Fuse Boxes

Cooling
  • Radiator choices
  • Fan choices
  • Wiring fans into LSX computer

Drive Shaft
  • Choosing Yoke to work with TH350/400, 4l60/80

Gauges
  • Speedometer cable and gears
  • Temperature gauge
  • Oil pressure gauge

Hopefully this outline will help assist anyone (like myself) that is considering doing this swap. It would be a nice opportunity for LS1tech to lead the pack in creating a methodical write-up on the subject.

Vince
Old 02-15-2009, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

You can pull any info off my tread if it will help, ive been trying to post as many pictures as i go. I think your idea would help alot of people . Pictures and part numbers of those hard to find fuel fittings and that you can use a rubber freeze plug to block off the egr. Its that little stuff that help and makes it all go faster
Old 02-15-2009, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if theres one of theses then ppl will ask for a RX7 sticky, 240 sticky, volvo sticky, civette sticky ......
Old 02-15-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats ok i'am sure those people need help also
Old 02-15-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by b005td
if theres one of theses then ppl will ask for a RX7 sticky, 240 sticky, volvo sticky, civette sticky ......
And? This forums exists to help people gain knowledge. The more people that become members here to learn, the more opportunity the sponsors have to sell their products, and so forth. Everybody wins.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

right on man, i like whats your doing here. I'll help out with whatever i can but i have more to learn my self so it will help me to
Old 02-15-2009, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

I think this would help clean up the threads and help people out.

Last edited by themachasy; 02-15-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Absolutely. I'd really dig having just one place to view all the information when the time comes. And if any of us thinks outside the box on any part of the upgrade, s/he will know where to post up.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by KenV
Absolutely. I'd really dig having just one place to view all the information when the time comes. And if any of us thinks outside the box on any part of the upgrade, s/he will know where to post up.
x2 a lot of good info here but you have to go through a lot of pages to find one thing not that i dont mind found a lot of info to help with my 95 stang conversion but cant get any info on a cam i'm new to these motors but not sbc i've had a few malibus and gn's that have ran in the 11's but were street cars also
Old 02-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Launching!

I too will be starting a stang swap in the next week or so....

I have found a LOT of info but if it were in one spot that would be great
Old 02-15-2009, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

why not just have a common conversion sticky? With a couple posts (sequential obviously) with some of the most basic LS series swaps, A-Body, First Gen, Mustang, RX7, etc? would clean everything up and would have all the info in one easy to find place. Have links to common sponsor parts, links on how to modify certain items (oil pans, headers, k-members) etc.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by slammer454
why not just have a common conversion sticky? With a couple posts (sequential obviously) with some of the most basic LS series swaps, A-Body, First Gen, Mustang, RX7, etc? would clean everything up and would have all the info in one easy to find place. Have links to common sponsor parts, links on how to modify certain items (oil pans, headers, k-members) etc.
now that would be nice you know how long it took me to find aje racing .com lol got off a pic of a guy's stang did'nt know the whole name of the company until i seen the pic
Old 02-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Teching In

And this way it will end the useless posts of commonly ask questions, and the useless replies of "search".
Old 02-16-2009, 07:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

I agree that there is a need to sort out this mess. I also agree that there needs to be a "carb LSx" section too. But until then, please use search.....

When I first built my car, I searched this site for freakin weeks.... I read more over those couple weeks than I did all through school...lol I bet half of the people that are looking to build a stang have never read the Orphan build thread on this site .( Orphan ) That thread helped me soooo much. More so because I was going 6 spd. than anything else.

I/we have answered many questions on here....both posted and pm'ed. I have made a 40 min round trip to the shop and back just to get pics for people. And I don't mind doing it. But on the other hand , I get tired of people posting the same questions over and over. I hate to sound like a dick, but it's getting to where I don't even look at the stuff anymore because of it.

I had a guy pm me about what radiator to run...After telling him what I used, I told him to click my Old build thread in my sig for more info. Believe it or not, he pm'ed me back saying that he didn't feel like reading all the way through it . freaking lazy. How many posts have there been about k-members and motor mounts?

Without this the help of powershiftkung , lt4malibu and many others on this site, I would have never made the switch over to the dark side.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slammer454

talk about lazy...... the thread your talking about exists already AS A STICKEY. its in the faq section (wich i have said a number of times to add a fox one). it has 1st gen f-body , chevelle swap etc. i have been saying fo months that we need some one to put together a good thread of JUST swap info on diff platforms and it could be as good as the one olly did on first gens and clean up a lot.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

+11,000 on the LSX Mustang sticky
Old 02-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Teching In

I think there are good points. I know I have read a lot of the information on here and have a lot more of it bookmarked for later reading or reference. A lot of the posts are what I would equivocate to asking a librarian about a subject vice asking where the book is to learn about it yourself. But at the same time it's always nice to get confirmation from someone who's been there, especially when there's conflicting data on the board. Or if you're off a word, a misspelling, or who knows what, you miss the information. Instead of "search for it" wouldn't it be easier to just paste a link to information you already have at hand. Then let the person decide if it's worth their time to learn vice be handed an answer.

But not many want to "waste" 30min when all they are looking for is a 5 sec answer. Then again no one wants to "waste" 5sec of their time on something that can be readily found.

Quick Reply: LSX Mustang Sticky?