Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upper Hose Suggestion!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Upper Hose Suggestion!

I have got a LM7 with twin rear mounts, i have the radiator mounted in the stock location with a set of fans mounted on the engine side! I have the truck accessories, the problem is i am tryin to figure out the best way to run the upper hose! I will try to post pics later, but how have some of you ran it? Its a stock 4.3 radiator! I have thought of switching to a gto water pump, but will the hose clear the belt? Any input would be a huge help! I fired it up and I am ready to go for a spin!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd have to see pics to help and I am not sure of your exact setup but here is a pic of mine, just to show you that anything is possible, I used aluminum mandrel bends from Burns $$$ but worth it in the long run hopefully, and I had to run an inline thermostat with the electric pump, there are other people who have recently run hoses who have used eyeballed rubber bends from a parts store and cut and turned them to fit and used metal spacers, just make sure you know your diameters of your rad and pump outlets before going that route, good luck, post some pics if/when you get a chance!
Attached Thumbnails Upper Hose Suggestion!-radhoses.jpg  
Old 03-10-2009, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

I do the same thing for all my radiator hoses: Get yourself a coat hanger and bend/ cut to the shape you need, then make a mark on each end that is equal to the diameter needed. Head to the parts store and ask if you can just look through their rad hoses and compare your hanger til you find one you need. Its pretty simple to get a hose that looks like it belongs there.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do the same thing as MeanYellowZ. It helps to have the hose book to look through. They are generally organized by diameter and total hose length and pictures of the hoses. Knowing those things will help you eliminate a lot rather than just looking at racks or shelves of thousands of hoses. Using the coat hanger and length it only took me about 10 minutes to get the right hose. I did have to shorten one end, but it looks factory.

Pat
Old 03-10-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

that sounds like an even better idea Pat......I usually wait till im pretty good and sauced up on some beer and for some reason going through thousands of hoses on the wall always seems fun......damn beer
Old 03-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Banned

Your suggestions were quite handy! Although some beer would have made it more fun! I think we got it figured out now! We done some fabricating with some stainless pipe and welding! Ill try to post some pics! It might other guys a different way to do it! The clothes hanger took care of my lower! It was simple! Thanks Alot!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i dont know if this will help you but might help someone i have a truck pump and i poped the neck out of the pump put in the position i wanted and used red loctite (let it sit overnight)and rubber flex hose....
Old 03-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I used a hose from a '05 Denali, had to cut it down and cut some out the middle, used a coupler and two hose clamps (00 S10)

Quick Reply: Upper Hose Suggestion!