Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G body Motor Mount Difference

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G body Motor Mount Difference

I got a 84 buick regal. And I wanted to know the difference between the Trans Dapt motor mount plates PN 4592 and pn4595. 1" Setback will that put the motor 1" closer to the bulkhead? My plans are to keep the same 200r4
Old 05-31-2009, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, the 1" will move the engine closer to the firewall/bulkhead by one inch. You probly could use these with your 2ooR4 still, but you would have to move your trans back that same inch and have to fiddle with linkage, speedo drive cable, etc. Unless you got accessory or exhaust clearance issues, or just really want to put that engine back an inch, use the 4592's. I think in the stickys in here there are good write ups about engine/trans mounting.

Whats your project??
Old 05-31-2009, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

I have a LQ4 out of a 2005 GMC 2500, F body accessory drive, ls1 intake w/cable driven throttle body. My plans are to keep the same drive shaft and trans for now...

Last edited by 84BuCkeTOfStEeL; 05-31-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

alright ordered myself the 4592 kit. My car is a 1984 Buick Regal T-type it came with the 3.8L Turbo. Will I be able to use the same mounts that are on the frame? Will they be in the correct location?
Old 06-01-2009, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You'll probly have to get the SBC frame mounts and matching engine mounts to bolt to those adapters.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Teching In

84 Bucket,let me know what you used,I have the same sort of project,I have a 2005 LM7 out of a Tahoe,using a TH400 ,5.3motor in my 85 T Type,was a hot air car..has 350sbc and th350 in car now...I am going Blow thru carb ...best of luck with your project.. Dennis
Old 06-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cutlass_455
You'll probly have to get the SBC frame mounts and matching engine mounts to bolt to those adapters.
which yr mounts and pads....sorry i am just confused with all the adapter,momunts ,all the info and nuttin set in stone on this site...this works ,that works if you do this ,this works if you do this and that and modifiy here...
Old 06-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

I went with the trans dapt motor mount Kit. Part number 4592. I seen on the hotrodlane site that you can use the v6 Frame mounts(these are the mounts that stay bolted to your crossmember). But you may have to remove them to redrill the holes to place the frame mounts in a different location, same as with the v8 frame mounts. I have not gotten to the point of dropping in my engine, other parts of the car need attention before i get to that point..heres couple pics hope these help but since your car already has a sbc in it you can use those frame mounts. I believe LS2Monte used the same v8 frame mounts just relocated them, and used the same trans. use this link

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-lq4-swap.html
Attached Thumbnails G body Motor Mount Difference-dsc00613.jpg   G body Motor Mount Difference-dsc00614.jpg  

Last edited by 84BuCkeTOfStEeL; 06-08-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

Smile

I havent worked on the car much but here are some updates.

Just finished taking off the clam shell mounts that are on the frame.

Had a tough time taking them out. Would be easier if the lower control arms were off, since they are in the way.

But since i didn't want to take them off i asked a friend for a hand. There are three bolts and nuts holding them, but you need another set of hands up top to keep the nut from spinning have a buddy help you.

I have confirmed that you can use the stock v6 clam shells with the 4592 kit. YOU will have to switch the clam shell from the passenger side and use it on the drivers side, and switch the drivers side clam shell to the passenger side. ( I will show pics later)

Next I will install the clam shells on the engine with my 4592 kit installed complete with the trans. I will then connect drive shaft and mount to trans. This will tell me where it is i need to drill my new clam shell mount holes on the cross member, and I will be able to use my same drive shaft without having to cut and balance it.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 84BuCkeTOfStEeL
I havent worked on the car much but here are some updates.

Just finished taking off the clam shell mounts that are on the frame.

Had a tough time taking them out. Would be easier if the lower control arms were off, since they are in the way.

But since i didn't want to take them off i asked a friend for a hand. There are three bolts and nuts holding them, but you need another set of hands up top to keep the nut from spinning have a buddy help you.

I have confirmed that you can use the stock v6 clam shells with the 4592 kit. YOU will have to switch the clam shell from the passenger side and use it on the drivers side, and switch the drivers side clam shell to the passenger side. ( I will show pics later)

Next I will install the clam shells on the engine with my 4592 kit installed complete with the trans. I will then connect drive shaft and mount to trans. This will tell me where it is i need to drill my new clam shell mount holes on the cross member, and I will be able to use my same drive shaft without having to cut and balance it.
back from the dead thread....

any updates..pics...
Old 07-15-2012, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Any ???

Quick Reply: G body Motor Mount Difference