Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 TB Cable Linkage

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 TB Cable Linkage

I never had the stock linkage so can't picture how the terminal end connects. I bought a Lokar cable and it would seem the cable should exit out the bottom after it passes through the set screw fitting but it can't. Also - shouldn't the set screw fitting go all the way through the TB linkage arm - mine doesn't - seems too short. Thanks. -Bob

Does anyone have some pics of how the stock cable connects to the linkage arm?

Last edited by BBPanel; 07-20-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Launching!

Hoping someone can post a pic so I can see what I'm doing wrong. -Bob
Old 07-20-2009, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

post or send a pic of what you are doing....
Old 07-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Launching!

I'll take a shot at some pics tonight - if I can get sufficient closeups.

The issue is the cable can only go through the set screw fitting one way. The only place on the TB linkage for the cable to exit is 90 deg from where it exits the set screw fitting - well it can't go both places at the same time. Maybe Lokar sent me the wrong fitting but it is pictured in their parts inventory instructions correctly. -Bob
Old 07-20-2009, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BBPanel
I'll take a shot at some pics tonight - if I can get sufficient closeups.

The issue is the cable can only go through the set screw fitting one way. The only place on the TB linkage for the cable to exit is 90 deg from where it exits the set screw fitting - well it can't go both places at the same time. Maybe Lokar sent me the wrong fitting but it is pictured in their parts inventory instructions correctly. -Bob
check your PMs
Old 07-20-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

You tighten the set screw down, then clip off the excess cable so it's flush with the ferrule, then you insert the ferrule into the hole and slot in the side of throttle arm. Does that make more sense?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rodder
You tighten the set screw down, then clip off the excess cable so it's flush with the ferrule, then you insert the ferrule into the hole and slot in the side of throttle arm. Does that make more sense?
I considered that - but that is an irreversible step should you want to make it longer!! For example, down the road you want to adjust the pedal for more throw - you wouldn't be able to. It would, however, solve the problem. Is just the cable available for purchase w/o the sheath - I've never looked to see if it is? -Bob
Old 07-20-2009, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BBPanel
I considered that - but that is an irreversible step should you want to make it longer!! For example, down the road you want to adjust the pedal for more throw - you wouldn't be able to. It would, however, solve the problem. Is just the cable available for purchase w/o the sheath - I've never looked to see if it is? -Bob
Yes a replacement cable is available from Lokar...got mine at Jeg's....post up some pictures, so we can see what you are up against. I am not following what you want to adjust, the cable end does have an adjustment on it, but how much are you talking about wanting to lengthen it.....to get more throw, you would tighten the cable not lengthen it.......we discussed this briefly before, but you weren't sure how you were going to go with it.....

T
Old 07-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TomM
.....to get more throw, you would tighten the cable not lengthen it.......we discussed this briefly before, but you weren't sure how you were going to go with it.....T
The stock linkage won't work for me because of the way I routed my fuel line. I don't know that I would need to change the length of the cable but cutting it off flush as Rodder mentioned will work but just goes against my having some adjustment.

If I have say 45 deg of pedal travel and I want to increase that to 50 deg I don't see how shortening the cable will do that - although I haven't looked at the dynamics of the movement close enough to determine that.

I think I have a way to do this that will solve all of my concerns (now that I have given it some thought). I believe I can drill a small hole in the TB linkage so the cable will go through the ferrule and out the bottom - this will allow some adjustment later if desired. But it will not allow the ferrule to rotate in the linkage as it is moved through its arc. Not sure if that is good or bad - may try it to see - I can always go back to trimming it off flush.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I thought the way to set up the length of the cable was for it to pull till the TB was at WOT. That is a far as you need the cable to go, any more pedal than that and you are hurting yourself.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Launching!

I drilled the pass through hole and here it is - I am short full throttle by less than ~1/16" and I haven't adjusted the throttle arm stop yet so I'm sure it will work out ok. Also discovered that the 3' sheath/cable recommended by LOKAR is just barely long enough - a 4' would have been better.