Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

240sx questions!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 240sx questions!

ive got a 91 s40sx and a ls1 out of an fbody. car is going to be used strictly for drifting. now i know some of the things i need to do to get this to work such as a gto oil pan conversion and cutting the cross member, but i want to know EXACTLY how u people did it and i would like to have links to websites selling parts also please. id like to get away from cutting up a lot so i was wondering if a corvette pan would work better. just lots a simple things are what is going to kill this project so id like to know all the details that screwed u guys and im not looking to put 10grand in this swap either so ive no need to links to places like hinson either. thank u guys for the help, pics would be awesome also. just every tiny detail is what im asking. car will be carbed also so no computer. thanks
Old 09-14-2009, 01:09 AM
On The Tree

Woot! Another Ohio-ian wanting to do one of these!

Why carbed and not the fuel injected LS1?
Old 09-14-2009, 09:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

wow Newark Ohio...what a small world. HAHA I grew up in Newark, actually went to Utica High School. Grew up out SR 13 toward Vanatta. I also have a 91HB 240 I am swapping right now.

SO...yeah why you getting rid of the fuel injection. You will end up spending more money sourcing out all the carb stuff and then it also wont be near as reliable especially as a drift car. Lots of slosh and side forces for a carb to like. As far as oilpan man...its either GTO or aftermarket ones made just for the swap....the Vette is a no go for sure. The mounts you can go to a few places. Daft I like, but if you can fab you can make your own pretty easy. Other than that...pretty straight forward.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:46 AM
12 Second Club

haha i went to lakewood live out by the basket. and i figured carbed would just be an easier cheaper swap. no need for lots of wiring, and i have a carb or 2 lying around so i wouldnt really have that as an expense. whats the website for daft? and if ur doing a swap right now i would def love to see pics of that. i can weld but im not sure id trust my welds as motor mounts lol where r u from turbogokart?
Old 09-15-2009, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m...nkinson/240sx/

there is a link to the pics. As far as switching to carb. By time you buy a MSD box to make the stock coils fire....a carb intake...and everything needed to make carb run....you can easily have a NICE fuel injected setup wired and ready to go.

website for daft is daftinnovations.com

AH the world famous basket. last time i was out by there i lost the clutch in my moms car on the way out toward Black Hand Gorge. Had to walk forever to find someone to help haha. Ah those were the days...
Old 09-16-2009, 01:58 AM
12 Second Club

haha i broke a lave cylinder right by that basket, must not like clutches. and i was looking around on daft and they have a pretty cheap wiring harness setup so fi may not be to bad. great pics. r u runnng corner eights struts?
Old 09-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Launching!

nice project, just curious what type of air compressor are you using to shoot that primer?
Old 09-21-2009, 02:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its a Kobalt 45gallon Twin Cylinder Compressor. They dont make this model anymore. Now you can only get like a 30gal and a 60 gallon. This was the last of the 45 gallon with the same compressor pump as the 60gallon industrial grade compressor had. It is FAST, low water levels in the air, and since its oil lubed pretty quiet. I can spray wide open and it only cycles every minute or so for about 15 seconds. I love this compressor. I have it running through a industrial trap dryer then through 2 inline dessicant dryers. It sprays primer great. Will up the dryer when i get to Sealer/Paint/Clear though. Just to make sure.

And I am running Godspeed coilovers. I know people talk **** about them but i personally have 4 friends who race thier cars and have them and they havent had any issues whatsoever. 3 drift and 1 AutoX. So for the price im taking the risk. I am an engineer and I have looked over the welds and they look good to me. So I am not worried.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:07 PM
12 Second Club

r they adjustable strut travel?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:59 AM
FormerVendor

We got you covered. Check out the site for more www.sikky.com

No cutting your cross member, just open the boxes and bolt it all in. No welding or fab skills required with our kit.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

badass thanks.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

they are hieght adjustable seperate from sping adjustment. For the price you get good amount of adjustment in hieght and still have springrate seperate.

Quick Reply: 240sx questions!