Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock LS XT Manifold Dyno Test

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock LS XT Manifold Dyno Test

Anyone seen a Dyno test of this manifold on a LS6 motor vs the LS6 stock manifold or a fast on a stock LS6 motor or modified LS6? If so got the link etc to the dyno test? I want to see how this manifold pulls thru the entire power band, not just the published 30 hp gain at 6500 from edelbrock. For all I know this manifold may lose power in the low and midrange compard to the LS6 and come on strong only at high RPM. I called edelbrock and they have no dyno test to show or direct me to.

I know this topic had been on another thread that was started in 2008 when the XT was just released. But there arent any updates.

This manifold has been out for over a year now. Anyone using it compared to the LS6 manifold or swap out to the XT from an LS6 manifold? How does it pull and perform throughout the powerband compared to the LS6 manifold?

I am putting this question here because the XT manifold will not fit into an F body camaro or corvette without modifications to the car. So most people using it will be in hybrids or trucks.

I am going to run the XT on a Lq4 going into my 1988 5.0 hatch mustang soon. Trying to make a informed manifold buying decision here. I will use it in my lightened fox body mustang (2900 lbs with driver, 3.73 gears) 1/8th mile drag only track car with a built transbraked powerglide, stock block Lq4 with turbo cam, 317 heads and a 75 MM turbo.

Anybody with experience, actual knowledge, dyno/track time etc please chime in!

Thanks guys!

Hpbob
Old 03-02-2010, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Ditto, what he ^ said
Old 03-03-2010, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

bump...all info seems to be
Old 03-03-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found this, hope it helps!
http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26297
http://www.edelbrocktv.com/video_detail.php?mId=7194
Old 03-03-2010, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

Default A for effort

Hi deuse 4935,

A for effort, but no cigar! All edelbrock had to do was show the side by side dyno numbers on the whole power band of the XT vs LS6 intake. If you notice they ran the XT with edelbrock heads & cam. Ok show me the complete dyno run chart and also the one for the LS6 intake on the same motor so we can see the RPM ranges where the gains are.

As far as the link to the other thread - same thing. They are all wondering about this manifold and nobody has any definite info yet pro or con.

The XT has been out since 2008. Has anyone on this site, bought, installed and used one and shown a difference on the dyno when getting tuned etc? Hard to beleive nobody knows, and edelbrock will not release any further information.

This is a bad *** looking bang for the buck manifold. I just need a little more info before running out and buying one!

Is this info forever ??? Can anyone, someone on this site who has one, or dynoed one chime in???

Hpbob
Old 03-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Launching!

I would love to see results as well since I have one sitting on top of my engine right now awaiting the rest of the car to be ready to use it.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:28 PM
11 Second Club

maybe anderson ford will let me dyno there this summer lol
Old 03-03-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With those tall evenly spaced runners, one can bet that its worth what they're asking. But if that aint good enough, then check out the 2pc designed intake made by Performance Induction, its similar in looks to the XT except for the 4150 style opening and its flow numbers, but its a work of art just to look at.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hpbob1
Anyone seen a Dyno test of this manifold on a LS6 motor vs the LS6 stock manifold or a fast on a stock LS6 motor or modified LS6? If so got the link etc to the dyno test? I want to see how this manifold pulls thru the entire power band, not just the published 30 hp gain at 6500 from edelbrock. For all I know this manifold may lose power in the low and midrange compard to the LS6 and come on strong only at high RPM. I called edelbrock and they have no dyno test to show or direct me to.

I know this topic had been on another thread that was started in 2008 when the XT was just released. But there arent any updates.

This manifold has been out for over a year now. Anyone using it compared to the LS6 manifold or swap out to the XT from an LS6 manifold? How does it pull and perform throughout the powerband compared to the LS6 manifold?

I am putting this question here because the XT manifold will not fit into an F body camaro or corvette without modifications to the car. So most people using it will be in hybrids or trucks.

I am going to run the XT on a Lq4 going into my 1988 5.0 hatch mustang soon. Trying to make a informed manifold buying decision here. I will use it in my lightened fox body mustang (2900 lbs with driver, 3.73 gears) 1/8th mile drag only track car with a built transbraked powerglide, stock block Lq4 with turbo cam, 317 heads and a 75 MM turbo.

Anybody with experience, actual knowledge, dyno/track time etc please chime in!

Thanks guys!

Hpbob
They would be selling like hotcakes if they bolted on 30 horsepower.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:04 PM
11 Second Club

sure some results would help lol
but they still wouldn't sell too many due to fitment

just looks cool, good enough for me

Quick Reply: Edelbrock LS XT Manifold Dyno Test