Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRP Muscle Rod's LS swap header's a joke

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BRP Muscle Rod's LS swap header's a joke

I ordered a set of long tube 1 7/8 header's for my S10 last week they asked about my set up I explained I had the car shop inc. mounts and nothing was mentioned about having to have their mount kit when they sold them to me now they won't do anything to make right on the fact that they don't fit at all. just that they can't do anything cause I don't have their mount kit. what a joke this company is. If they had told me I needed to have this kit to make it work then instead of selling me a header's like screw the customer. not good!
Old 03-11-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

can you return them?
Old 03-11-2010, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

ya if pay for shipping and a restocking fee and if they are scratched they deduct for that kinda f'd up since they asked about my set up and sold them to me and now they can't do anything for me unless I have their mount kit. not good business in my opinion. Nice headers but they should have told me that they won't work unless I buy the $500 mount kit
Old 03-11-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah bro that is....... I checked them out, I bought a oil pan from them but the other stuff was too pricey... I went with the Eddy's mounts and headers..... I read that if you did these swaps to try to match the mount adapter and mounts with the headers........ They should have told you or hell, they might not have known....
Old 03-11-2010, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bozzhawg
Yeah bro that is....... I checked them out, I bought a oil pan from them but the other stuff was too pricey... I went with the Eddy's mounts and headers..... I read that if you did these swaps to try to match the mount adapter and mounts with the headers........ They should have told you or hell, they might not have known....
no they knew i have sent the 47 pics like they have asked and all they can say now is all I can say is I can't do anything unless you have our kit.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They should at least take them back and you just be out the shipping back to them. A restocking fee is BS IMO.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is suprising they have always worked with us on our swaps,never gave us any trouble even have came to our shop to see whats up with parts
Old 03-11-2010, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by max_ta
This is suprising they have always worked with us on our swaps,never gave us any trouble even have came to our shop to see whats up with parts
i don't know I was pissed cause this truck had to go. and they didn't fit unless I cut the frame to make them fit. I wish they would come see what was going on. Now they tell me they can't do anything unless i have there mount kit. i'm sorry but this isn't my first rodeo every thing is where it needs to be I think hedmann messed up the header's but they aren't bugging on them being perfect....
Old 03-11-2010, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bo185
They should at least take them back and you just be out the shipping back to them. A restocking fee is BS IMO.
i agree what the hell is worth $10-$35 to put them back on a shelf?!?! always thought that was b/s even if they have to re enter them in there system. just plain bull sh!$.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:54 AM
On The Tree

I have their long tubes on our shop truck and had to notch both frame rails to make them fit. It was a bit of a pain, but I like the power they make.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by onequikss
I have their long tubes on our shop truck and had to notch both frame rails to make them fit. It was a bit of a pain, but I like the power they make.
that's where i'm at with this truck. did you use there mount kit?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

This guy used Car Shop Inc solid motor mounts and his works:

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/s...sx-s10-426457/

along with others I've seen...Just make it work..or I'll take them off your hands for free!!!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Petraszewsky
This guy used Car Shop Inc solid motor mounts and his works:

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/s...sx-s10-426457/

along with others I've seen...Just make it work..or I'll take them off your hands for free!!!!!
they are nice header's no doubt but i've never had to notch a frame to make header's fit that are supposed to fit....lol

Free? sure...lol i'll sell them
Old 03-12-2010, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

S10 Headers absolutely need to be matched (or at least engineered) with the headers. The fitment is so tight on Long tubes that they have to be fabricated with a specific engine placement.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by philntx
S10 Headers absolutely need to be matched (or at least engineered) with the headers. The fitment is so tight on Long tubes that they have to be fabricated with a specific engine placement.
I understand that but unless their mounts lift the engine an inch on the passenger side and drop it an inch on the driver's side it isn't going to make a difference.

I guess I have to no choice but to notch the frame some the customer wants the headers installed, on another forum guys are using the same headers with the same mounts i installed in this S10, without notching the frame in anyway. I really believe the manufacture messed this set up some how.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

move the mounts over and weld them to the kmember then....problem solved. Or drill new holes and bolt them onto the kmember, who is to know if anything is tweaked or bent in the past 20 years.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Resident

BRP headers are really nice quality, never had a problem with them. Yes, sounds like you went with the wrong mounts/engine placement for the application is all. This is all considered custom stuff & each vehicle is different. I researched the correct parts & pieces for months & talked to others that were doing my exact same installation, before I pulled the trigger and bought my hard parts. Everything fit like a glove. Good luck with working it all out.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya that's pretty shitty if you ask me. They should've disclosed that information right when you told them your setup.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:10 PM

Stop payment on your credit card. Out of the 120-150 credit card orders a months we process, someone does it to us monthly.

Sting them back. Its nothing new in life.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

I am considering it.

i'm not knocking the quality of the header's they are really nice.

i'll post up a couple pics later you guys can look and give advice. please

Quick Reply: BRP Muscle Rod's LS swap header's a joke