Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E doesn't shift WOT

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 07:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L60E doesn't shift WOT

The car doesn't want to shift when its WOT. Everythings good just driving around or even about 80-90% on the gas it shifts great. When the throttle is all the way open it doesn't, Bounces off the limiter and if I let off the gas just a tad it shifts. Its a 04ls1 out off a gto and the pcm was reflashed by speartech. Don't know if its the tranny or something else. I searched around and found so many different threads about this but never read anybody resolve the problem..
Old 08-02-2010, 08:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Most likely your shift point is to close to the limiter. Just need someone to look at the tune.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

It has to do with you torque converter lock up. Can you run your codes on your PCM? I can almost guarantee you that is the problem as I had the same thing happening on my TA. Where do you have your TCC line hooker up to?

Dave
Old 08-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Teching In

I am using a tcc switch from a 02 camaro. I just hooked up the 2 wires from the the speartech harness. Would this send a code to where the engine light would come on?
Old 08-03-2010, 09:45 AM
9 Second Club/LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It happens from time to time. Probably a minor miscalculation of gear ratio and/or tire size.

You can send the PCM back and we can "tweak" it a little.

91 Z28 LS2 408CI, LS9 Supercharger, LPE GT7 cam, Yank3000, 3450 raceweight.
Latest numbers: 9.71 ET, 141.42 MPH, 1.40 60' , 610 RWHP Mustang Dyno

www.speartech.com
Old 08-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am the guy who bought "BanditDave's" 78 LS1/4L60E TA. Do you have the TAC and Speedo hooked up??? When I test drove the 78, it had the exact same issue you are having. Speartech flashed his PCM as well. The stuttering at WOT on this car went away as soon as I wired in the TAC and Speedo. What a relief!! Calibrating the Autometer gauges was real simple. The TAC is in 8 cyl mode...I had it in 4cyl mode after reading some info here..later learned that was incorrect (why are my RPMs so high???!!). I assumed I'd have to have the car tuned...too many unknowns when the engine/tranny came from a donor car (different cam, etc). I later noticed I did not have the TCC switch hooked up. Luckily the 78 had a cruise control brake switch, so it was not a difficult fix. Do a quick search on TCC connection here..you'll find my post. I believe my tranny shift points are off...I'll be addressing that very soon with the HPtuners (thanks again Dave!). A little comment about BanditDave..super guy..very knowledgable..DOES SOME AWESOME WORK ON CARS! I feel I got a sweet deal when he sold the 78. It is a blast to drive...I am enjoying it so very much! Hopefully this solves your issue..I'll follow this thread and help any way I can..Best of Luck.

Leon
Old 08-08-2010, 06:37 AM
Teching In

The speedo has been calibrated and the tach is working properly. I checked the TCC switch and verything seems to be doing its job on the that part. I been on vaction so I didn't have a chance to give speartech a call to see what could be the problem.. besides that problem the car runs great.
Bryan
Old 08-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear it is not a simple fix...my problem seemed to be solved as soon as I connected the tac and speedo. Do you have any tuning software? I guess there is a chance Speartech's tune did not go 100%..I called him and he told me over the phone what the Dave had asked him to do. Do you have the OBDII and SES light connected? when I connected them I found the TCC code and IAT sensor high. I just connected a IAT sensor, and the SES light it off. I worry that my shiftpoints are off..I have the HP tuners...but I have not hooked it up and diagnosed anything. I want to research it more so I do not do more harm than good! good luck..keep us informed.

Leon
Old 08-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Teching In

I do have a OBDII port. I had my harness reworked by speartech which was a simple hook-up. My friend has the software so I might just have him check it..
I still have to talk to speartech about it..
Bryan
Old 08-09-2010, 08:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Speartech
It happens from time to time. Probably a minor miscalculation of gear ratio and/or tire size.

You can send the PCM back and we can "tweak" it a little.
I'd take John uo on it personally.