Sponsored by:

Vintage Air Controlled by PCM??

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ellis, read this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...m-drawing.html

There is a really good description of using the LS pressure switch and wiring in PCM control of the system in post #16. I am looking at doing this setup with my '75 Vette since I am looking at a VA kit plus LS2 this winter.

The advantages of this are that you get the high RPM disable, RPM bump at idle, fan speed controlled relative to AC pressure with fans shutting off above a certain MPH when not needed.

Seems like the way to go to me.

Here is another thread on fitting the LS pressure sensor into the VA lines:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...itch-port.html

BTW, EFI Live has more control over fan settings related to AC pressure than HPT.

Hope this helps.

Steve
Old 05-22-2016, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1GMCTruck
Correct. The two wire A/C connector has a green & a black wire. The black wire is a ground. Crimp an eye terminal to the end of it, and ground it to the Sanden compressor housing. Wire the green wire to the compressors clutch activation wire. Just make sure this green clutch wire is activated via a relay & you're good to go. This is the info you needed, right?
Originally Posted by Ellis Juan
Well that seems simple enough. So I will just connect the green wire to my vintage air ac power control switch, which will tell the computer to send power to the AC and then the high pressure switch will tell the computer to cut the compressor on and off. correct?

What about the 2 wire compressor connector from the engine harness? How do I connect that to the 1 wire sanden compressor?

Posting for future reference.

Quick Reply: Vintage Air Controlled by PCM??