Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help! 69 Camaro/Procharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 12:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need help! 69 Camaro/Procharger

I have a 69 Camaro that will be a Ls2/6 speed car and I have plans on using a Procharger. I have seen the kit from procharger to fit in the 67-69 Fbodys but I really dont like the location of the blower in regards to the inlet location. For those that have not seen, it is similar to the 04-06 GTO/2010 Camaro kit mounted high on the driver side.

I love the location of the head unit on the 97-04 Corvette kit. Does anybody have experience with trying to use this kit in a 67-69 Fbody? Will it work or not???

Thanks
Troy
Old 10-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badass99ss
I have a 69 Camaro that will be a Ls2/6 speed car and I have plans on using a Procharger. I have seen the kit from procharger to fit in the 67-69 Fbodys but I really dont like the location of the blower in regards to the inlet location. For those that have not seen, it is similar to the 04-06 GTO/2010 Camaro kit mounted high on the driver side.

I love the location of the head unit on the 97-04 Corvette kit. Does anybody have experience with trying to use this kit in a 67-69 Fbody? Will it work or not???

Thanks
Troy
I have seen the Corvette drive used in a 1969 camaro but it leaves little to no room for the air inlet on the procharger, here is the best option for swap in to muscle cars. My nova uses the same sub frame.

I used there swap bracket kit and it works very well. Get with Bob at Brute Speed he can hook you up.

The GTO bracket will not work see photo below, head unit will hit the upper control arm mount.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jashell1562
I have seen the Corvette drive used in a 1969 camaro but it leaves little to no room for the air inlet on the procharger, here is the best option for swap in to muscle cars. My nova uses the same sub frame.

I used there swap bracket kit and it works very well. Get with Bob at Brute Speed he can hook you up.

The GTO bracket will not work see photo below, head unit will hit the upper control arm mount.

Thanks Jason, I agree that the system you have is the best way to go on these cars. Here is the link to the D-1SC system complete with the intercooler. Give me a call for an even lower price. http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-1LS10...S100-D1SCI.htm
Thanks! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 10-05-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

DAM YOU JASHELL!!!!

That is one sweet set-up dude, you make me want to ditch the turbo idea so bad!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jashell1562

Kick *** ride you have! My two concerns with the kit on your car is the air inlet. I will be using a C5 booster and master in my Camaro, and I just dont know how to fit all that crap in that small space. I also like the idea of the air inlet drawing fresh air instead of air right on top of the engine.

Thanks again!
Troy

Last edited by badass99ss; 10-05-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Thanks Jason, I agree that the system you have is the best way to go on these cars. Here is the link to the D-1SC system complete with the intercooler. Give me a call for an even lower price. http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-1LS10...S100-D1SCI.htm
Thanks! Bob

Bob, thanks for your input as well. I have talked to you in the past about this subject. Im just trying to look at every option and get everything planed out so im two steps ahead. I have purchased from you before and I will be back when my project gets to this point once the $$$$$ are ready.

Troy
Old 10-05-2010, 09:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Bob, thanks for your input as well. I have talked to you in the past about this subject. Im just trying to look at every option and get everything planed out so im two steps ahead. I have purchased from you before and I will be back when my project gets to this point once the $$$$$ are ready.

Troy
Thanks Troy, I do remember talking to you about the Camaro. The Corvette kit could be done if you're willing to modify the radiator for the blower inlet, and it seemed to me that you mentioned going with a Ron Davis radiator anyway. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 10-06-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey jashell1562. I know its a long shot, but do you by chance have any pics of vett kit in the 69 Camaro or a possible link???

Thanks
Old 10-06-2010, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Thanks Troy, I do remember talking to you about the Camaro. The Corvette kit could be done if you're willing to modify the radiator for the blower inlet, and it seemed to me that you mentioned going with a Ron Davis radiator anyway. Bob

Bob, what kind of mods to the radiator were you thinking of? I think im going to use the edelbrock mounts and headers. I have also thought of using the hooker mounts which would shove the engine as far back as possible to give me a little more room.

Troy
Old 10-06-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Have you considered a turbo? You would spend less money if you can fab stuff yourself.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Chicago TDP
DAM YOU JASHELL!!!!

That is one sweet set-up dude, you make me want to ditch the turbo idea so bad!!!
I have had my share of issues, but nothing gets more looks from people than the sound a procharger makes!

Hey jashell1562. I know its a long shot, but do you by chance have any pics of vett kit in the 69 Camaro or a possible link???
Thanks
I didn't save them, but look around over on Lateral G there is a 69 camaro over there with the Corvette drive on it. As far as the cold air goes mine draws cool air in from the cowl on my car. I used the same principal the carb guys did, put the filter up in the cowl induction and its a high pressure area that draws fresh air in when you drive down the road. I am going to build an air box that uses 2 rectangular filters from a fbody, and seals to the bottom of the cowl when you close the hood, then all the incoming air will be cold out side air.

Originally Posted by LS1NOVA
Have you considered a turbo? You would spend less money if you can fab stuff yourself.
The cost is all most the same, I ran the numbers both ways several times, I did the majority of the work on my car my self and the cost was marginal. I like the fact you get free power from a turbo, but the noise and attention factor out way the turbo. IMO
Old 10-07-2010, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1NOVA
Not really interested in turbos. I love the supercharger.

Thanks
Troy

Last edited by badass99ss; 10-07-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks jashell1562! Went back and found it.

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=9421

Troy

Quick Reply: Need help! 69 Camaro/Procharger