Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front mount dis

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front mount dis

I am thinking about going with a front mount dist was looking to here some in put
Old 02-13-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF is a dist?
Old 02-13-2011, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
WTF is a dist?
Looks like this.

I have everthing for this swap just PM me. thanks JC
Old 02-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Well i just orderd the cover and balncer didnt get much input hope this is a good ideal lol
Old 02-15-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JUICED01
Well i just orderd the cover and balncer didnt get much input hope this is a good ideal lol
Since you neglected to give any specific information on your car/situation, I'll put this in very generic terms. The distributor is no comparison to an MSD ignition controller. The dist is 4 to 5 times more expensive, offers only a custom FEAD setup, has way more moving parts, and is a lot less tuneable. Most that use them are bound by class rules or very high revving engines. Prolly not what you were hoping to hear...
Old 02-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by S10xGN
Since you neglected to give any specific information on your car/situation, I'll put this in very generic terms. The distributor is no comparison to an MSD ignition controller. The dist is 4 to 5 times more expensive, offers only a custom FEAD setup, has way more moving parts, and is a lot less tuneable. Most that use them are bound by class rules or very high revving engines. Prolly not what you were hoping to hear...
I am putting a carbed ls1 in a fox body with a ms3 cam shaft i know it is a bit more expensive just thought the distributor way would be a little simpler to mess with maybe i didnt make the right decision
Old 02-16-2011, 08:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JUICED01
I am putting a carbed ls1 in a fox body with a ms3 cam shaft i know it is a bit more expensive just thought the distributor way would be a little simpler to mess with maybe i didnt make the right decision
Yup, for $319 you get a complete ignition system (minus coils) that is completely programmable (or you can run 1 of 6 pre-configured plug in "pills"). You get a 2-step rev limiter, programmable switched retard, and can build your own "mechanical" and "vacuum" curves including boost retard if you use a 2 or 3 BAR MAP. All this would require add-on boxes with a dist. Plus the freedom to use whatever FEAD you want...
Old 02-17-2011, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Wow a front mount dist. I thought I was looking at a different manufacturer of motors there for a minute.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

there are sticky threads on the subject and a search would have turned up a lot of discussion.

that dist is going to cost a lot of money by the time yoiu are done. getting everything you need.

The MSD boxes are a simple as it gets.