Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another fuel system question

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question another fuel system question

so im put'n together my fuel system (on paper) and i think i got it figured out from the RAIL to the inline PUMP, but before i can continue from the pump to the tank, i need a small ? answered.

-; is the line from the TANK to the inline PUMP the same pressure as the line AFTER the pump??

my 75 k10 has dual tanks and i would like to retain them after the swap. so if i were to "plug" my walbro in the system right after the T in the lines and just replace the none EFI rubber hoses with some napa EFI hose would that be OK. or are both sides of the pump the same psi. Or...??

i know the right way is to replace ALL hoses and clamps but im kinda on a, "just gotta get it runnin" budget. So if i get a bunch of YES answers than i'l just run a single tank for now.

btw its a stock 99 ls1, if it matters
Old 05-27-2011, 07:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

There is no pressure before the pump. You can use regular fuel hose.
However, you have 2 problems. First you'll need an additional T for the return line so fuel is returned back to the correct tank. Second, those Ts are notorius for not getting a 100% seal, so if you've got 1 tank dry you will get air in your lines. Not a problem for a carb, but does not work well in efi.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info. i told myself if the dual tanks were goin to cause any headaches that i would just ditch them. that sucks but owell