Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not another 240sx build...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not another 240sx build...

well gents. iv been working on this 240sx i got as a payment for a drift car build i did for someone and iv finally gotten to the point where i can start posting up some progress. the car was pretty much dead bone stock right down to the air box intake. so we started off with stripping the car completely right down to the sheet metal. im shooting for 2200hp alot of you will laugh thats fine, i do this for a living though and 2200 really is nothing to me when you see 6000+hp cars pull into the shot every day. so anyways we began the stripping process.
the car on the left is the one being used in this project.

dont worry that body kit is long gone!

i was absolutely amazed when i saw there was almost no rust on this s13 chassis as they are highly known for that in my area with the harsh winters

basically you wont be seeing the motor until next season. my goals are as followed, build the chassis first (expected to be done by the beginning of 2012 season) then build the motor (expected to be done by the end of the 2012 season) then rip the entire thing apart and send it off to paint. (expected to be done for the first burnout of the 2013 season) unfortunately this is not a customer car so i cannot work on it whenever i need to. between working my full time day job and my nights and weekends out of my own shop ill need to find the time to stick a few late nights here and there to get this baby cooking the tires off sooner then later. honestly i can have the hole car done in about 4 weeks front start to finish but between bills time and beer thats just not possible. so sit back and enjoy this longer then normal term relaxed top sportsman build!
Old 11-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Teching In

pulled the ka24de out of it and the real work begins.

here is the 12 point sportsman cage all moly with light weight funny car conversion i made at work.

here is a few tubes tacked up the chassis is dam there close to finished being fitted as we speak but ill let the suspense kick in.

Old 11-24-2011, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

sub'd to this!
Old 11-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Teching In

few more for ya'll.

then i began doing the front suspension setup i wanted to keep the stock location for the towers so i jiged them up so they couldnt move and removed the junk and installed the front support tubes then fabbed up some plates for the towers and welded them in.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Teching In

got the floor and subframe all out of the way for the 24inch moly backhalf i made at work.

tacking up the backhalf

Old 11-26-2011, 07:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

you took the 240 as payment, there isn't much 240 left, haha, nice build
Old 11-26-2011, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice fab work. I guess it's not your first rodeo, eh?
Old 11-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Teching In

yea there really isnt much 240 left lol pretty much just the body and some of the cabin floor the rest was sold off and paid the remainder of his bill then i had the shell left over. yea iv been around the fab train once or twice i do it for a living so i get alot of practice at work.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Teching In

Was funny to begin with but half way down **** got serious. I'll be watching
Old 11-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Teching In

now that the chassis is mostly fitted i started mocking up the block to make my mounts.