Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well Guys im Back

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well Guys im Back

so after a brief jump into the wonderful world of DSM's (Eagle Talon) and selling my truck (i know stupid) im back with a new mission. just picked up a 93 gmc jimmy 2 dr 4x4 gonna lower it, swap a bravade t case, build a 6.0, a 60e and see how she goes, has anyone done this swap (lsx and 4x4) what pan do i need? stock truck pan work?? and will the truck intake clear the stock hood? im goin for sleeper on this truck..
Old 12-31-2011, 10:04 PM
Teching In

I've never done this, but have thought about it for my '99 S-10 4x4 when the stock 4.3 goes south. I'll be following your progress with interest. Good luck!!
Old 12-31-2011, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

There are a few on the s10 forum. There is a supercharged 4x4 blazer with build thread
Old 12-31-2011, 11:59 PM
Launching!

THere's a few done, also a couple of Syclones and Typhoons also. No a stock pan doesn't work , the front diff is in the way, you can modify a pan to work though. Here's a good read, might help you out.:

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64219
Old 01-01-2012, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The oil pan will be the only issue you can't buy a part for, I've got to do the same modification in my build. Here's a picture from a clean sy/ty LSX conversion I found awhile back. Should give you an idea of what's involved.

I'll bet the AWD bug got ya while you were playing with DSM I understand, I've had the same thing happen driving my wife's last 2 subaru's.
Attached Thumbnails Well Guys im Back-rear-axle-under-engine.jpg  
Old 01-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Launching!

If you want to buy a oil pan, here's a link for one:

http://www.sytyperformance.com/index...mart&Itemid=26
Old 01-01-2012, 02:14 AM
On The Tree

im seeing one major issue with the swap. i found a kit that allows you to run the stock lh8 pan but then you have to install a 2 inch body lift, my intentions were to lower the truck as much as possible so i dont really like that idea however it would save me about 300 bucks vs buying a custom swap pan. i dont know if there is much of an alternative tho. im not to keen on dropping the front end either, might just have to spend the money on that custom pan any ideas?
Old 01-01-2012, 03:25 AM
On The Tree

soooo one more question because ive yet to find any information after 5 hours of searching

if i use the solid RPM Mounts and custom make my own pan will the stock driveshafts still work properly or will spacers be needed? also im going to be running a built 60e and mount it up to a bravada T Case so i will have AWD, i dont want to do a body lift tho im avoiding that at all costs HELP lol
Old 01-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Launching!

If you keep the 60-e trans your driveshafts will be o.k for length.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want a lowered s10... Why not sell the 4x4 and get a 2 wd?
Old 01-01-2012, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mechanix565
soooo one more question because ive yet to find any information after 5 hours of searching

if i use the solid RPM Mounts and custom make my own pan will the stock driveshafts still work properly or will spacers be needed? also im going to be running a built 60e and mount it up to a bravada T Case so i will have AWD, i dont want to do a body lift tho im avoiding that at all costs HELP lol
Without using lowering keys, I've already dropped the front of my 4x4 2003 S-10 1 1/2" with no drive shaft issues. I did hit the rubber suspension stoppers though, and it won't go any lower while those are installed. I think once I switch to some corvette rims and rubber, I'll end up with a good ride height.

Not sure how much more of a drop can be had there with the stock torsion bar set-up, but it doesn't look like the drive shafts will be the issue.

Also a tip to save some $$$ when you go looking for your t-case, don't just limit your search to st/ty's and bravadas. Include astro vans and safari vans as well, a good chunk of them came from the factory with the same AWD.

The BW 4472 is the one that you're looking for, but the BW 1372 is almost identical and much easier to get on the cheap. Alot of guys will argue that the BW 1372 is weaker, which may be true. But GM did put the BW 1372 in every Syclone they made. How weak can it really be?

Almost all of these t-cases past 1994 have BW 1372 cast into the rear case half, since they are the same in either model. Look for the brass colored metal plate held down by the split line bolts on the bottom, that is the data plate that tells you which t-case you have.

Hope all this helps you plan out your build
Old 01-01-2012, 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormed_Norm

Isn't that a custom 4.3 V6 pan???

From the site: "RPM's custom made oil pans for the awd syclone/typhoon. Custom deepend pickup, oil baffle, stroker notched pan rails, and 1.5" kickout are all standard features. We are the only company who has V-6 Oil pans readily available!"
Old 01-01-2012, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stormed_Norm

I checked out the link, and I'm pretty sure this pan is for the V-6 with a 2 piece rear main....

Any chance you have another link? A pre-made pan would sure be nice.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by turbinesurgeon
I checked out the link, and I'm pretty sure this pan is for the V-6 with a 2 piece rear main....

Any chance you have another link? A pre-made pan would sure be nice.
Yeah, I messed up there. They use to sell a oil pan for the ls swap. Not sure if he quit making them or not. Here's another thread from the sy/ty site about pans:

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthrea...t=oil+pan+swap

Quick Reply: Well Guys im Back