Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple of water pump questions: thermostat housing & converting to AN outlets

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Couple of water pump questions: thermostat housing & converting to AN outlets

I am in the home stretch of my conversion 69 Camaro/LS2 conversion. I still need to order a thermostat housing and the clearance on the heater hoses connections on the water pump are less than desirable.

I will be re-using my existing radiator and it has a 1 3/4" diameter opening. Should I use a straight or a swivel setup from Street & Performance? Are there other options?

For the heater hoses I am thinking about removing the pressing connections and converting to AN fittings. For those that have done it do you have any recommendations whether I should use straight, 45s or 90 degree adapters? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Smile adapters

When I changed mine over, I used straight adapters, then will use the ends necessary for the results I want....
Old 04-09-2012, 05:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldngray
When I changed mine over, I used straight adapters, then will use the ends necessary for the results I want....
What brand/size adapters?

Quick Reply: Couple of water pump questions: thermostat housing & converting to AN outlets